We need our own abramovic! - Dont slate me just yet!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Small John wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:I don't care how much money anyone costs, money doesn't buy you good players. Money buys you expensive ones. Not all expensive players are great players.

There are players out there like Pennant, Dunn, Ashton, Bullard and Barton who could get into almost if not every side in the country yet managers don't gamble on these players down to fear of getting it wrong.

You say players like Crouch don't win you tournements, correct, neither do players like Gerrard. Team's win you tournements. Everton last year being a good example of a team, hardly any individual could get into our side, yet they finished above us in the league...

You don't need money to be successful.

That is so untrue.

If so many Chelsea players are overated, How come I'd take Essien, Duff, Robben, Drogba and Crespo  any day of the week, to make our team one hell of a lot stronger.

Everton only finished above LFc last season in the league, as LFC's overall performance was woeful. Every time Everton got beat, so did we!

Blackburn won the Premiership with Jack walkers money, Chelsea won it once, and soon to be twice.

Money DOES buy you success, as you can bid for the best players on the market. Essien was one of the reasons Lyon were so strong before he left.

When was the last time, LFC bought a player, and you thought "WOW" ...top class player, that will dramatically improve the squad? ???? ??????
Crouch....No! Cisse.....No!...Morientes...No!....Sissoko..No! Zenden.
Garcia you could argue yes, but i'd never heard of him before, and he's been slated by many fans. ALonso, unkn own before arriving from Real Sociedad.

The difference in the quality signings there, I have to say is massive.

Truth is, Rafa is trying to do things on the cheap, but until he wins the EPL doing that, then you have to say money talks.
Like Agger, only been a pro for 2 years, unproven, Kromkamp, unrated and looks shaky. Paletta, only 20 and unproven.

Well can anyone tell me.....if you guys don't think that chelsea are not that much stronger than LFC with thier money, then how come every top club and manager in Europe rates Chelsea as being better than LFC?, and they are one of the favorites to win the CL, and are more feared than us at home and in Europe? In last seasons CL semi final , both managers in the other leg, AC milan and the other team, thought Chelsea would beat LFC. How come if Chelsea hadnt even won 1 league title at that point? It's about buying class and feared players.

They werent even title contenders before Roman Abromovich came along, and now look.

Its because of the players they have signed.

Doesn't say much for our history and european cup win that does it?

I bet half of you were biting Steve Morgans arm off for his 70m investment, money is important.

BavLondon, I agree with what you say, more investment for bigger names is required.

Thankyou, Im sure if we had major investmant now none of you would be moaning. Instead youd all be drooling over the next player we are set to get.

How little you know or truly understand, about the pride needed to call yourself a genuine fan .
I will leave your shallow company with a very profound word  PLASTIC !

Plastic my :censored: mate. Ive supported them through :censored: times indeed for many years infact since i was 6 so don try and call me plastic.

Anyway, back to what i was about to say, i think something is going to happen soon about our money situation based on this article and yes i know its from Koptalk but they do have some good sources there. 
I was going to throw up an editorial based on fresh information supplied to me at 5pm today but I've been told I can't (Definitely a slapped wrist for me if I do a Judas on this one).

There's no advertising in the KopTalk Gold Club!
KOPTALK isn't a 'hugging' or 'nodding' site, we're brave enough to talk about sensitive and controversial subjects, but on this occasion I'm keeping quiet purely for friendship reasons and not because I'm concerned at rocking the boat.

However, purely as a matter of interest, and based on current topics currently doing the rounds, if you had to lose either manager Rafael Benitez or chairman David Moores at the end of the season, who would you rather see stand down, if you had to pick one of them? None of this "Well I'd rather not lose either of them" - just vote!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Where could Steve Morgan fit into this equation?
A local lad, major shareholder, a red from his youth. Is he willing to buy into the club, with his own money or does he just wish to increase his power in the club, by borrowing at the club's expense and at the same time increase his share holding ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 pm

well we dont need that much we just need a big shopping spree
we need some one who will put 50 mil or so in transfer budget in to the club then we will be laffin:laugh:
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:25 pm

cisse record transfer bought 14 million thats nothin in wot ppl want for players thease days
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:27 pm

bill gates 2 buy liverpool lmao makes abramovich look like a tramp haha
Kopite-Jud

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:31 pm

Ha ha. Pass some of that to me.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:39 pm

To some extent i agree that we need some investment to the club to boost our money. But i'm happy with the way Benitez is working in the transfer market and i would not like to see Liverpool turning into a club like chelsea.

Benitez has done well in the transfer market, bringing in right players at cheap prices, Kromkamp till now looks like a good signing, and we swapped him for josemi! I have to agree with some people about Manchester United, their domination of the premier league in the 1990's wasn't buying world class players for the fees of 25-30m (with the execption of Rio Ferdinand), Sir Alex's youth academy turned Manchester United into a dominant force. He trained the like of Beckham, neville brothers, nicky butt and giggs together and then brought them to the first team with adding some good players to the squad. These local players knew how to play with each other and i think this is the main reason for Manchester United's success in the premierleague in the end of the twentieth century. Liverpool can do the same, Benitez is building a team and fixing the academy. The likes of Hamill, paul anderson, lee paltier, Callum woods etc... will soon have a chance in the first team and will help us to beat chelsea for the title (hopefully). So it doesn't matter if you have a team full of world class players, all what matters is having a team full of team spirit, workaholics, team work and local lads who have a big passion for their club! Look at Greece for an example, they aren't world class but they won the Euro 2004 because of their team work
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion