Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:37 am

:laugh: :D :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:25 pm

stmichael wrote:the kid's a class act but £8-10m is absurd.

Precisely, at most I might risk £3m or maybe £4m but I'd think twice and then some before buying off Southampton as their prices are OTT
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:15 pm

bavlondon wrote:Ok so im sure most of you have heard about or seen Theo Walcott in action. Hes 16 years old, plays for Southampton and is currenyl being coveted by several clubs in England including ourselves if im right. If anyone saw his goal on the weekend against Luton then you know that this is a player who posesses natural talent on the scael of Wayne Rooney. Admitidley we would have loved to sign Rooney but being a Toffee that would never had worked out aswell as his price tag was in the £30Million range beacause he stayed at Everton for so long.

I know we are not short of money right now and some people (Cisse) could be on their way out come Jan. I think Rafa should risk shelling out 8 or 10 million and getting Walcott. It would be great if we had someone like that playing along side us. I kow hes not proven in the top level yet but thats what they said about Rooney in the begining and now the whole country is depending on him mostly to help England lift the world cup.

If he goes to Chelsea 1 of 2 things will happen. He will flop due to lack of starts and become an expensive substitute like SWP and Paolo Ferriera or he could glitter and really make them more difficult than they already are to go up against.

Im sure the prospect of playing for the European Champions would go doen well in his mind but this is one guy who would not come cheap but i do feel in the long term he could work magic.

I just thought id make this post as his name has not really been metioned yet on this forum and i thought id see what your veiws are on him?

Paulo Ferriera's not a sub. He's the best right back in the league.
115-1073096938

Postby Mikz » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:01 pm

Ive never seen Walcott ,but hes certainly getting some rave reviews,as is  Josh Simpson ,a young canadian dude at Millwall,lightning pace and bags of skill.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion