I dont know about u but i

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gazz » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:43 pm

Am finished wit all this BULL S#@T...

Whats wrong with the liverpool board..
Reason being that a team like SPURS will get rid of thier manager as soon as they dont do well... And ours will carry on and on and on with the same guy. A team like LIVERPOOL should be ruthless with its players and staff to ensure that they are sucsesful..And now thet have insentive.............................................
Namely,1) Owen will leave if we dont make chamions league (now thats a BIGGIE)
2)Liverpool need the cash of champions league football to attract top names..
3)It really gets me angry that man u, arsenal are now officially better than my $%^&ING team...

DO SOMETHING AND DO IT SOON U IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gazz

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:00 pm

It don't think we need to be ruthless but I think it's time for a change at the end of the season

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:12 pm

Er.......what do you mean we shouldn't be ruthless. We have tolerated mediocrity from this clown of a manager for years. The Anfield Board allow him to spend, spend, spend with seemingly no accountability. It's a simple decision. He has failed. He should be sacked. But the Board don't seem capable of making the decision.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:33 pm

Well our patient attitude has got us nowhere, 12 years on all the hard work down the drain, rebuilding process after rebuilding process and we are still no closer to winning the title.
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:18 pm

Houllier did well and looked to be taking us forward after the "treble" season and the 2nd place. Once we fail to make any more progress then it is time to move on, thankyou Mr Houllier for what you have done for the club - next!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:23 pm

Gazz wrote:Am finished wit all this BULL S#@T...

Whats wrong with the liverpool board..
Reason being that a team like SPURS will get rid of thier manager as soon as they dont do well... And ours will carry on and on and on with the same guy. A team like LIVERPOOL should be ruthless with its players and staff to ensure that they are sucsesful..And now thet have insentive.............................................
Namely,1) Owen will leave if we dont make chamions league (now thats a BIGGIE)
2)Liverpool need the cash of champions league football to attract top names..
3)It really gets me angry that man u, arsenal are now officially better than my $%^&ING team...

DO SOMETHING AND DO IT SOON U IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:34 pm

Lets get is straight. I'm sick of all this talk about trebles and winning trophies.

In British football there are but two trophies worth winning. The first is the premiership the second to a much lesser extent is the F.A.cup. 

In european football there is one trophy worth winning and thats the champions league. 

What all these trophies have in common is there history and more importantly there meaning.

1. Premiership trophy.  Goes to the best club in England and bits of Wales. Best club, not second best but best.  Bread and butter is how Shanks termed it.
2. Fa cup. goes to best knockout team in the football association.  In this competition losing means your out. you don't get any second chances.  That why its the best football cup in the world.

3.  Champions league supposedly the best team in europe.  Second, third and even fourth placed domestic clubs can win this one.  Might be easier format than the Fa cup but the opposition is a step up.

These are the only trophies I would like to talk about.  Not mickey mouse reserve team cups(League cup, uefa cup).  Houlier set a target 5 years. The deadline has come and went he has failed.

It has been 13 years since we earned our bread and butter and all I can personally say is I bloody starving, Mr bloody Houlier.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:08 pm

I understand your point of view al,but dont forget how seriously shanks took the uefa cup,winning it in 73 and his team winning it for paisley in 76.arguably our greatest ever team in the early eighties won 4 succesive league cups.they took it very seriously.I personally think those 3 uefa cups look very well alongside our 4 european cups.we shouldnt be too quick to write off our achievements.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:34 pm

They do look nice along side 4 european cups.    I'm not writing off our achievements.  Houlier is! not treating them as additional trophies but as ultimate trophies.  4th in the premiership is now the goal of a once mighty club.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:55 pm

I am a great believer that a team should try to win every trophy or competition it enters, and I would take winning the League cup over not winning anything at all.

However, if winning the League cup is seen as being as a satisfactory achievement as the team flounders in the Premiership and Europe then there is something really wrong at the club.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:07 pm

Exactly JBG Exactly Something is wrong including settling for fourth!
I too would like to win everything, Perfection is what I would like but Houlier is a long way from that. 

"If you look for less than perfection, then what you'll get will be a whole lot bloody less"
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby THEBARON » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:13 pm

Yes  I agree you shouldn't discount trophies such as the league cup and uefa cup but they pale in comparison with the League and European cup. What makes it worse is that Houllier uses the Charity Shield and Super Cup as well to support his case.
If you add Charity shields, super cups etc  to the records of Shankly , Paisley and Dalglish ; then they would look even more successful.
Our bread and butter is the football league and we are a million miles away from winning it.
THEBARON

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion