The racists chants from the spanish fans

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:52 pm

all im saying sabre is that its ok to chant abuse at someone ginger but not someone black.

im not saying i think its ok to do, but there are so many double standards nowadays.

for what its worth i think what etoo was subjected to was a disgrace and the opposing team should have left the pitch as well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:all im saying sabre is that its ok to chant abuse at someone ginger but not someone black.

im not saying i think its ok to do, but there are so many double standards nowadays.

for what its worth i think what etoo was subjected to was a disgrace and the opposing team should have left the pitch as well

Interesting point there Dawsino , When insulting people we often tend to latch upon a physical characteristic to enhance the insult ,i.e. it's not enough to call someone a b'astard , it becomes more personal and stinging by adding an additional adjective such as "fat" ," big nosed " ,"ginger" or "black" etc . Personally I think there is little difference between calling someone a fat b'stard and a black b'stard (they're both unpleasant)  but then again I'm not fat or black .Pehaps we need some fat , black or even fat AND black people to join this discussion . .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:59 pm

If only I worked in a coal mine I could fit the bill, (damn you thatcher).

Dawon has a good point but I think the diffrence is that fans have their hate figures for various reasons, Neville for his hatred of scousers and his actions in games aganst us.

That woud be nearly imposible for the authorities to stop.

Racism however is instant hatred of someboy due to their ethnic origin. If you heard anti Neville songs in a game you would probably join in or laugh, but if you are at a game and the crowd abuse a player cos of colour then it gets uneasy and uncomfortable.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:19 pm

dawson99 really should stop with that it's the same thing :censored:. Signing about Neville's family is bad but accepted as just that. As a black peson chanting like that reminds you that we were once enslaved and then treated like :censored: for years because of our skin colour. Eto is from Africa were South Africans were marginalised because of there colour when you sign about Neville you insult him and his family, when you make monkey chants you insult a entire race and trigger emotional memories of our past. I'm sure you wouldn't feel that way if after the chants people of colour decided to attack white people out of anger.
johnny b the great

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:56 pm

if u insult the entire race then how come no one else on the pitch was upset? culture tells us who we can discriminate and who we cant. im not saying any of it is right, but it all happens.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:13 pm

thats why Eto for all his other shortcomings should be applauded. If it means black players should starting walking off all the time then thats better than waiting on UEFA or FIFA. As for your statement that 'culture tells us who we can discriminate and who we cant', i am hoping i'm misunderstanding it cause if i'm not then you're saying people can make racist chants because of cultural norm? and woman's role is still to be seen and not heard, right?
johnny b the great

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:17 pm

well, i agree about the woman thing.... :D

what im saying is u cant do one thing but u can say that, for example, u hope vicotira beckham dies of aids, u can even sing a song about it. Double standards if u ask me. but thats devils advocate. in all honesty of course what they did waswrong and they should be punished, but is it really that diffrent from snorting at oplice because u call them pigs?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnny b the great » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:23 pm

no and throwing a burger at Neville was wrong too (waste of a perfectly good meal), seriously though all that stuff is wrong i think we're more upset because not enough action is being taken to stamp out racism in football.
johnny b the great

Postby Erica » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Both times these racist shouts have happened in Zaragoza, they have been adressed to the same player: Etoo.
Do I agree with them? NO
But it is curious that Zaragoza played a month ago against Barcelona, when Etoo was in Africa playing the African Cup, and absolutely nobody made those shouts, despite the fact there were several black players playing in the opposing team:Ronaldinho and Larson that I recall.
In Getafe and in another stadium that I do not remember now, they were fined after insulting Etoo.
There are some stupid people shouting racist sounds, but I honestly think that this great player like Etoo should reflect deeply about the whole situation. Greetings to everybody, because what it seems clear is that all of us talking here do not agree with not respecting the other people.
Erica

Postby Erica » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:58 pm

This is what happened last Monday on a T.V. program from Mallorca. In the end, Etoo's friend says that what he has told on T.V. is a joke, but my doubt is:
Is it really a joke, or was Etoo taking advantage of his black skin when playing against Zaragoza?

I leave you here a quick translation of the interview:

Eto'o's indiscreet friend.
A close friend of Eto’o said on a TV program that the player had pretended to feel infuriated following instructions given by the club. Then he said he was just kidding.

Source: JORGE OTO (01/03/2006)

The story goes back to last Monday night, around 11 PM. Tolo Salom, a man from the motorcar business and close friend of Samuel Eto'o, appears on a sports discussion program in Channel 4 (a private TV channel in the Balearic Islands). At some point, Salom says that he had been watching the football match between Mallorca and Real Madrid at the VIP box of the Son Moix stadium, and there his friend had admitted that everything that had happened in the match between Barcelona and Real Zaragoza in La Romareda stadium had been prepared beforehand. According to Salom, it was months ago that Barcelona had given Eto'o instructions to take any opportunity to leave the pitch claiming that he had suffered racist behaviour from the public. It had to be in a decisive match, when the Barcelona team was having trouble, as it happened last Saturday in La Romareda against Real Zaragoza.

This Salom continued his story in front of the astonished faces of all people present at the TV set and said that Barcelona plan is rooted in the Protocol against Racism, Xenophobia and Intolerance, a law proposed by the highest sports authority in Spain, the Consejo Superior de Deportes, and approved by all football clubs on the 18th of March. This protocol gives the referee the power to stop and even suspend a match where a player suffers racist behaviour. Salom emphasised that this fact led Futbol Club Barcelona to talk with Eto'o about the possibility that the striker provoked the suspension of a match, only under extraordinary circumstances, concerning a key match, when the "azulgrana" team were in trouble. According to Eto'o's indiscreet friend, that was Saturday's match. But the Camerounese player didn't go all the way. The referee stopped the match, but didn't suspend it, so the victory wasn't secured for Barcelona at a later meeting of the Disciplinary Committee. So, again according to Salom, Eto'o went a bit further and pretended to be ready to leave the pitch, but the referee Esquinas Torres played his part to prevent it. Besides, Eto'o did know that, if he leaved the pitch, he could be punished and his team wouldn't gain the three points. For this to happen, the match should be suspended by the referee, not by him. But this didn't happen, so the Camerounese player decided to stay in the pitch, satisfied because he thought that the interval could be enough to give his team an advantage, as it actually happened. The referee whistled penalty, Celades was sent off, and Ronaldinho scored, and the match was over. Eto'o, according to Salom, had had it his own way and he didn't try to stop the match again, not even when the insulting and shouting went on.

The end of the story left all people present with their mouths open and someone asked Salom: “Do you really know what you're saying?”. Then, Salom -apparently a real joker, changed his face, became serious and said: “Come on, I was just kidding!”, which obviously made the presenter go mad. Salom doesn't answer the phone since then.
Erica

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:07 pm

This is what happened last Monday on a T.V. program from Mallorca. In the end, Etoo's friend says that what he has told on T.V. is a joke, but my doubt is:
Is it really a joke, or was Etoo taking advantage of his black skin when playing against Zaragoza?

I leave you here a quick translation of the interview:

Eto'o's indiscreet friend.
A close friend of Eto’o said on a TV program that the player had pretended to feel infuriated following instructions given by the club. Then he said he was just kidding.

Source: JORGE OTO (01/03/2006)

The story goes back to last Monday night, around 11 PM. Tolo Salom, a man from the motorcar business and close friend of Samuel Eto'o, appears on a sports discussion program in Channel 4 (a private TV channel in the Balearic Islands). At some point, Salom says that he had been watching the football match between Mallorca and Real Madrid at the VIP box of the Son Moix stadium, and there his friend had admitted that everything that had happened in the match between Barcelona and Real Zaragoza in La Romareda stadium had been prepared beforehand. According to Salom, it was months ago that Barcelona had given Eto'o instructions to take any opportunity to leave the pitch claiming that he had suffered racist behaviour from the public. It had to be in a decisive match, when the Barcelona team was having trouble, as it happened last Saturday in La Romareda against Real Zaragoza.

This Salom continued his story in front of the astonished faces of all people present at the TV set and said that Barcelona plan is rooted in the Protocol against Racism, Xenophobia and Intolerance, a law proposed by the highest sports authority in Spain, the Consejo Superior de Deportes, and approved by all football clubs on the 18th of March. This protocol gives the referee the power to stop and even suspend a match where a player suffers racist behaviour. Salom emphasised that this fact led Futbol Club Barcelona to talk with Eto'o about the possibility that the striker provoked the suspension of a match, only under extraordinary circumstances, concerning a key match, when the "azulgrana" team were in trouble. According to Eto'o's indiscreet friend, that was Saturday's match. But the Camerounese player didn't go all the way. The referee stopped the match, but didn't suspend it, so the victory wasn't secured for Barcelona at a later meeting of the Disciplinary Committee. So, again according to Salom, Eto'o went a bit further and pretended to be ready to leave the pitch, but the referee Esquinas Torres played his part to prevent it. Besides, Eto'o did know that, if he leaved the pitch, he could be punished and his team wouldn't gain the three points. For this to happen, the match should be suspended by the referee, not by him. But this didn't happen, so the Camerounese player decided to stay in the pitch, satisfied because he thought that the interval could be enough to give his team an advantage, as it actually happened. The referee whistled penalty, Celades was sent off, and Ronaldinho scored, and the match was over. Eto'o, according to Salom, had had it his own way and he didn't try to stop the match again, not even when the insulting and shouting went on.

The end of the story left all people present with their mouths open and someone asked Salom: “Do you really know what you're saying?”. Then, Salom -apparently a real joker, changed his face, became serious and said: “Come on, I was just kidding!”, which obviously made the presenter go mad. Salom doesn't answer the phone since then.

Yeh, there's pretty much efforts from some sources to divert the attention of the real problem. Now the problem seems to be that Etoo is a kid and he's attitude is not good. Well, what was the problem with Viafara last week? utter silence from Marca and AS, and the insults in the Calderon involved cheering of the killing of one of our supporters, racist shouts and so on. But Marca and AS said nothing.

Now some press concentrate the efforts on saying Etoo is a misbehaved child, and make interviews to Uncle Toms that say we're no racist.

Today we play against Ivory Coast. Spain - Ivory coast. And something tells me that the racists will appear in Valladolid.

Until we're not banned from organizing world cups, or competitions, our press will keep looking somewhere else, and our politicians, will continue putting ridiculous fines of 9000€ like they've done with Zaragoza.

We'll have more shame from Spain, it's a matter of time. probably tonight.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablinho » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:39 pm

all the teams in La liga have nazi/rude supporters, but is  totally  a minority, absoluty all the teams supporters  chants  things like this :

To Etoo: mono chant ( because wanna put him nervous)
To Ronaldo : FAT FAT FAT ( " )
To Dani : hijo de puta ( because he simulate  or cheat a lot)
To P.Alfaro : Assasin! ( record red cards)

Im sure 95 % ppl is not racist and its not chanting. The minority chants cos they wanna put nervous the players, its not a problem about racism, its a problem about be polite.
Last edited by pablinho on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion