The racists chants from the spanish fans

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:27 pm

Watching the england vs spain I would just like to say that the racist chants being brought out around the ground tonight are a total disgrace, its disgusting :angry: .
I hope Beckham, Owen, and Woodgate feel really proud playing in such a wonderful atmosphere.
Last night the england under 21s got the same abuse, and the spanish manager made racist remarks over Henry to reyes a few weeks ago, and it was heard on tv.
I am totally disgusted its a disgrace to the game and its spoilt it.
I hope that FIFA do something about this a.s.a.p.
I am appaulled.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:36 am

Disgraceful!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:00 am

Utterly shameful :angry:  :angry:
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:03 am

It was absolutely crazy: poor Ashley Cole and later SWP got a really hard time.

I know a lot of Spanish people and the Spanish can be really nice and friendly, but ever notice when you are holidays there how African people are really marginalised?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:32 am

i too was appalled, theres no need for it, it was like being back in the 60s, a disgrace, not helped by our antics on the pitch, which werent all caused by the disgrace caused off the pitch
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:48 am

Terrible as it was,England supporters have no right to claim the high moral ground.Ive witnessed both sets of supporters and it was only the English who ever gave me any abuse.People should wake up to the devil in their own midst.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:52 am

I cant understand why teams dont just walk off the field as soon as that sh*t starts, and if UEFA came anywhere near them with a fine they could shove it where the sun don't shine. If a player can't go to his place of work without being subjected to that kind of sh*t then something needs to be done. Its a disgrace and when I heard it happening I must say I was extremely surprised. I couldn't believe it when I heard it happening. Its about time someone in UEFA took as serious stand on this and banned any organisation, be it club or country whose fans behave in such a dispicable way. There will unfortunatley always be a minority who will act in such a responsible way but it seemed to be it was quite a large and audible section of the crowd that were behaving like this tonight. On the field I thought Spain were unbeleiveable and it's a pity such a display of football was marred my this mindlessness. We all know UEFA, they will pussy foot around the issue again. They have been doing it for years in the likes of Italy and Turkey and they will do it again here. The only factor I see helping Spain is that there is not a history of such behaviour there so it'll probably be a fine. But I think there should be a three strike rule on such an issue.
1. Fine
2. Match behind closed doors
3. Expulsion from a competition

Come on UEFA, lets get serious about dealing with the racsim issue.
Last edited by simic_ie on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:58 am

greenred wrote:Terrible as it was,England supporters have no right to claim the high moral ground.Ive witnessed both sets of supporters and it was only the English who ever gave me any abuse.People should wake up to the devil in their own midst.

Fair point Greenred. England fans have repeateadly brought shame on the England team and it's not THAT long ago since I used to have to listen to racist language and chants at English games. Thankfully it looks like its being eradicated which can only be a good thing ......

However as much as I too as i'm sure you was too disgraced by the racist chants I can't help feel that it wil be used to cover up an abject performance by England ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ralmach » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:35 pm

It's incredible!!!!, how can you judge a whole country because of some ****** nazi racist people who went yesterday to Bernabeu???.

Do you know how many people was in the game?? there were thousand of people quiet while 4 crazy racist scream horrible chants.

The 99.9% of spanish people are good, YOU CAN'T judge us because of this minority. I'm sure in England there're racist people as in Spain, they are people without brain and unfortunately they live in Spain, England, Holland, Germany, USA, Brazil, etc, etc, etc.... we must erradicate them and their ideas united, and not fighting betwen us.

What would you think if we'd judge english people by hooligans that destroy pubs, are drunk since 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and even kill people only for being turkish for example. I'm sure most of you feel shame when you see this people destroying England name, and you must understand that we felt the same kind of blame when yesterday in the match those crazy nazi people were screaming like animals.
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:38 pm

Sorry mate but there was more than 4 people doing them chants :glare:
And yes our english hooligans are a disgrace aswell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ralmach » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:10 pm

When i say 4 i mean they were a big minority in the stadium.

This chants came from the part where use to stay the radical group "Ultra sur" This group is very known in Spain because of their nazi ideology, and there is a big debate because a lot of people (me too) are crying out in order to kick them from Real Madrid and from football, but unfortunalely the Real Madrid directives doesn't do it.

What i finally mean is that this kind of people exist in many countries, and we can't blame a whole country becouse of the behaviour of this minority, it would be very unjust for the rest of the good people (99%) that don't think like them
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby the great one » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:32 pm

ralmach wrote:When i say 4 i mean they were a big minority in the stadium.

This chants came from the part where use to stay the radical group "Ultra sur" This group is very known in Spain because of their nazi ideology, and there is a big debate because a lot of people (me too) are crying out in order to kick them from Real Madrid and from football, but unfortunalely the Real Madrid directives doesn't do it.

What i finally mean is that this kind of people exist in many countries, and we can't blame a whole country becouse of the behaviour of this minority, it would be very unjust for the rest of the good people (99%) that don't think like them

its not new though when i came to england on holiday before i moved here the english people were thugs towards me monkey chants gorilla noises etc it didn't stop it was all the time. does ronaldo,roberto carlos,ronaldinho get monkey noises made at them when they play for real madrid and barcelona respectivley i feel sorry for  shaun wright phillips and jermaine defoe cus there only young and to have to hear that is disgraceful and the under 21's. In the spainish papers there is not one word about the racism  :angry: towards the black players, its got to stop not just a heavy fine serious action is got to be done to stop it maybe kicking them out of world cup and make them play their home qualifers behind closed doors. when i went to spain this summer i don't experience a few monkey chants when in barcelona but compared to last night it was minor but still sad to hear. i remeber emile heskey getting quite alot of stick from slovkia fans for these sort of chants and when we play valencia 2 years ago he got the same sort of chants and credit to sean wright phillips,jemaine jenas,ashley cole and jermiane defoe for rising above it especially swp well done lad  :cool: raul should come out and aplgoise on behalf on the spainsh people and the spainish team bein captain and all maybe some  will listen since his a national idol.how can xabi alonso try to play it down he most be deaft if he never heard it i wasn't even there and i could hear it  :angry: rant over for now  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:52 pm

Ralmach has a point as Madrid has some serious right wingers in the thick of their club but Raul is "sympathetic" to them so will hardly speak out.

A lot of work has been done in Britain to stop this and to be fair Ralmach, even though you can point to a lot of incidents involving British Fans, we dont see the same effort being made in europe but we still get the you British are thugs attitude.

The fact is you have got a serious problem over there and good luck sorting it out
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:17 pm

this all started with the coach if he never said wat he did  wat happened last night if he never  said what he did about henry all of the racist chants wouldn't of happened,they must of throught if the manger gets away why can't we :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ralmach » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:01 pm

i'm agree this all started with the Luis Aragones words. I don't think he's racist, but he has a big big mouth, and this kind of words can't be said. Moreover once he said that he must have apoligize but he didn't do it and he tried to blame the press. A big mistake

About the problem of "ultra sur" i think it's difficult. It seems that Madrid directives don't kick this animals out the Bernabeu because they have too much power in the club, and they are the only ones who push up the team in bad times. It's very sad but i think it's true. Here in Spain this directives attitude has been very criticized.

An example of things well done have been shown by FC Barcelona directives, because they have kick "bioxos nois" out the Nou Camp. The president of the club, Laporta, has been threatened by this horrible people but he has been strong with his decision and fortunately we won't ever see (i hope) this ultras in Barcelona matches.

About spanish press precisely i'm listening to the radio now and yesterday's chants are being very very critized and we are shamed about this racist chants. Despite of it i also think that the press must claim for aragones apologize, and must claim real madrid directives actions against the people who made the monkey noise.
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion