Unsung hero - Worth his new contract

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby oldredeyes » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:43 pm

With all the fuss about Stevie Gerrard and Micheal Owen's contracts it seems that some of the other news went by almost unnoticed. I'm certainly glad Stevie signed because he is by far the best player on the books. Micheal has to deal with his own demons(too many long distance calls to Beckham aren't helping!). I hope he stays but will understand if he goes. I felt the same when Keegan left for Hamburg but look what happened - we got Kenny!
But two contracts were signed that are important. Jamie Carragher signed a new contract and he deserves it. Never gets the credit for filling in and covering for the so-called 'stars' - a good club player who can play anywhere in the back four. Who else can do that at the club?
And Chris Kirkland who has the potential to be the best Liverpool goalie ever - and who should be in the team now - not Dudeck!
Just thought I'd mention those two lads as they seem forgotten in the current blaze of media hype.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:20 am

totally agree.  particularly about Kirkland.  the day he plays his first (of many) games for Liverpool again after the injury will be the start of a new era for the reds .......as long as we sack Houllier and sell Heskey, Smicer, Diouff, Biscan, Traore, buy Cisse, get Martin O'Neill ....etc etc
haps

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:11 pm

Carragher should be a squad player, nothing more, and also Murphy

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:44 am

Carragher is a good steady player who has been loyal to Liverpool as is Murphy but there are better players out there. Part of the reason Carragher would never leave is because no clubs who are doing better than Liverpool would sign him, not that I am criticising Carragher, he is a good squad player
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:03 pm

He and murphy are a bit like phil nevile and ray parlour

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:05 pm

Phil Neville is ***** though, the only reason Ferguson keeps him is because he can play left-back and one or two other positions. Head to head there isn't a great deal between Liverpool and manu's first XIs, the overall difference is in the quality of reserves IMO
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:07 pm

I meant in the sense you want them in your squad but shouldnt be relying on them as first team players.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:15 pm

It shows we have too many fringe players that Murphy and Carragher get into the team quite often (and Heskey and Smicer) We should definitely get rid of some cr@p and bring in new players with any money we make. i would reluctantly sell Smicer as well because I feel he is not suited to the roles asked of him
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 am

Carragher is now a legend funny how these slated him
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:22 am

Three years is a long time in football,as in life.Carraghers quality wasnt always utilised under Houllier(Finnan was another one) mainly because we had a pretty solid pairing in Hyppia and Henchoz.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 am

Certainly does make an interesting comparsion,
A footballer can certainly make or break his career and what the fans think of him in a fairly short time let alone 3 years
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge