Vladi misses liverpool - Wish you all best, hero!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby GOAT » Sun May 07, 2006 7:37 pm

great guy, had that one heroic night but was sh.ite otherwise  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 25, 2006 6:55 am

poor vladi, he's injured at the last minutes of being taken away to germany :(

telegraph.com

Smicer, Vonlanthen in doubt
Prague: Czech Republic midfielder Vladimir Smicer and Switzerland striker Johan Vonlanthen are in doubt for the World Cup finals.

Smicer strained a thigh muscle in training and was taken to a hospital in Innsbruck on Tuesday for medical checks.

He was not hospitalised and remains with the team at its World Cup camp in Seefeld, Austria, a team spokesman said Wednesday.

Coach Karel Bruckner said he would wait until just before the team’s departure for Germany to decide whether to take Smicer.

Vonlanthen also looks likely to miss the Cup after damaging a hamstring during a training session. According to team doctors, the forward partially tore his left hamstring during training on Monday, although the seriousness of the injury only showed up during a scan on Tuesday.

US captain Claudio Reyna, meanwhile, did not suffer any muscle damage when he limped off in the 0-1 defeat against Morocco on Tuesday. It was feared he had pulled his hamstring when he over-extended his leg trying to intercept a pass.

However, a scan on Wednesday showed there was no serious damage.

Spain defender Michel Salgado, too, suffered a muscle strain in training at their camp in Las Rozas and will miss the World Cup warm-up game against Russia on Saturday.

The team doctor said he did not think the injury was serious but the player would need a scan in the next two days to determine the precise extent of the strain.

Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu May 25, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Tue May 30, 2006 12:27 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:poor vladi, he's injured at the last minutes of being taken away to germany :(

telegraph.com

Smicer, Vonlanthen in doubt
Prague: Czech Republic midfielder Vladimir Smicer and Switzerland striker Johan Vonlanthen are in doubt for the World Cup finals.

Smicer strained a thigh muscle in training and was taken to a hospital in Innsbruck on Tuesday for medical checks.

He was not hospitalised and remains with the team at its World Cup camp in Seefeld, Austria, a team spokesman said Wednesday.

Coach Karel Bruckner said he would wait until just before the team’s departure for Germany to decide whether to take Smicer.

Vonlanthen also looks likely to miss the Cup after damaging a hamstring during a training session. According to team doctors, the forward partially tore his left hamstring during training on Monday, although the seriousness of the injury only showed up during a scan on Tuesday.

US captain Claudio Reyna, meanwhile, did not suffer any muscle damage when he limped off in the 0-1 defeat against Morocco on Tuesday. It was feared he had pulled his hamstring when he over-extended his leg trying to intercept a pass.

However, a scan on Wednesday showed there was no serious damage.

Spain defender Michel Salgado, too, suffered a muscle strain in training at their camp in Las Rozas and will miss the World Cup warm-up game against Russia on Saturday.

The team doctor said he did not think the injury was serious but the player would need a scan in the next two days to determine the precise extent of the strain.

that's a real shame as he was always a star for his country - even though he was highly inconsistent for us. I was looking forward to seeing him play football again; I hope he recovers in time  :sleepy:
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:41 am

hes out of the world cup :(
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Gutted for vladi, his last ever world cup probably and its ended in injury :(
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:14 pm

Poor lad...... he wasn't always brilliant but always gave his best 4 us..... must be gutted to miss out like that.

Will always remember the role he had in our 5th euro cup...
ConnO'var

Postby thegreenred » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:08 pm

i must put a quick post on vlad the guy will always have a place in my heart
thegreenred

Postby Billy_5_Times » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 am

Vlad wasn't my fav player but seeing him when he scored in Istanbul, both in the normal 90 and the shoot-out, he showed me that he loved Liverpool and I was upset when he left.

All the best Vlad.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby jkop » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:32 pm

Good luck for the future Vlad. :buttrock
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yannou2pau » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:39 am

Hi fellows! I'm a Bordeaux fan and I will be in the stadium for Bordeaux-Liv'pool on October18th!
I just wanted to tell you that Vladi will come back next saturday against Monaco in Ligue 1 and so, xill be ok to play (normally as a substitute) agaist Liverpool!
I'm so happy to see him come back, what a wonderful man and player! Wellcome back Vladi! May it begin with a great match against Liverpool!
ALLEZ BORDEAUX!
FC GIRONDINS DE BORDEAUX EN FORCE!

En route vers la Champion's League!
Yannou2pau

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:13 pm

Will you cheer for him when he returns, cos I will be
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:19 pm

I read somewhere that Smicer was absolutely outstanding in training and practise matches, a real star. Its a shame that we never saw enough of that when he played for us, but one day in May he paid back everything he owed us. Welcome back Vlad.
account deleted by request

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:30 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:Will you cheer for him when he returns, cos I will be

of course mate.

I was thinking "Oh God no!!!!" when I saw him ready to come on for Kewell but he proved me wrong that night. I will never forget that. If he didn't come on that night, things may have been a different story.

Vladi you are a legend lad  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dudekdance » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:20 pm

loook thiiiis.. http://www.maxior.pl/?p=index&id=23032&20  DUDEK DABCE RLZ!!!! ´do not forgot him
dudekdance

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge