Dietmar hamann - Should he be in the first team?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:59 pm

I'd definately have Hamman in before Sissoko every time!!
But unfortunately the Kaiser is'nt able to start every game anymore as he's getting on a bit for a footballer.

Hamman is a lot more solid and reliable and all round a better player in my opinion....this does not mean Sissoko will not be as good,maybe better one day but i just feel at times his inexperience is more obvious than his ability.
Its a bit of a catch 22 i feel in that Hamman may offer more,but in saying that Sissoko needs big games to learn his trade,gain experience and better himself!!

In answer to the initial post....for these 3 games i'd defo start Didi!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:10 pm

I guess Rafa would start with Momo Sissoko tomorrow since the lad is very athletic and could match the pace of Arsenal's high tempo game. Didi Hamman might be involved at a later stage in order to keep possession of the ball.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:25 pm

sissoko will probs get booked tomoro easily, if not sent off with arsenal players diving and maybe being a bit too quick for him.

i think though he should give alonso a rest to be honest as he has looked abit off colour as mentoined somewhere above.

and id also start the new lad agger in CB and give sami a rest as i dont think he'll be a match for arsenals pace tbh.

but as for did hamman. the mans still got it all. maybe he cant run for 90 mins flat out but his head is right and tells him to reserve some for later on in the game. he's cool, calm collected, great passer and still got his shooting boots with him (goal in reserves) still a top class midfielder in my book
gary106

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:56 pm

Didi still does a good job for us and i'd like to see him stay for another year.  He's a solid midfielder who (as we saw in the CL final) adds a lot to our team.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 pm

he should play all the time,he is the best defensive midfielder in the squad,and the bonus his he is the freshest,ideal for the rest of the season especially in europe where his experience is vital
Last edited by mighty mo on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rastalovich » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:12 pm

He`s a steadying influence that needs to be used at some point.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby babu » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:21 am

I thinks its brilliant that we are having this debate over such a young central midfielder, in his first season at the club. Its a no-brainer if you ask me, for the big or must win games (especially against the more technical sides) its still Hamann without a doubt.

But the fact that Sissoko has done enough to be considered is good news. I agree with the previous statements regarding his potential. I have no doubt he will be a very good player for us, but he needs one or two more seasons.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:25 am

Didi is still a good player BUT the game against Wigan clearly highlighted his weakness - closing down of opposition players. He's too slow in closing down the Wigan players and often led to the failure of breaking up Wigan's attacks. He's good at reading the game but probably age has slowed down his reaction time (anticipation) and pace considerably. That was what I observed during the Wigan game and I certainly hope it won't happen again against Arsenal, but of cos I would prefer Sissoko to start. Maybe bring Hamann in if Sissoko is on a yellow or if we're protecting the lead.
Bretc

Postby laza » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 am

This is excellent aspect about our team at moment that we have quality competition for these players. The fact that we couldnt sign a RM and Stevie has been pushed out their has been a blessing in disguise. Momo certainly has taken advantage of this situation and grabbed the opportunity with both hands or should that be feet.
However though like afew others i like to see Didi in a few more starting 11s especially in the bigger games.
One of the unsung heroes of our side
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:20 am

I would like to see Hamann against Arsenal and Benfica and Momo against Manure in the cup. Aside from the fact that Hamann will need a rest if he played three games in eight days, Momo's style might help us more against Manure than it would against Arsenal or Benfica where Didi's calm approach and retention of the ball, would be the key to success against those teams.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion