Dietmar hamann - He has to do more

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:35 pm

I know this won't be popular, but I  think Dietmar Hamann has to do a bit more.

When the centre backs win those defensive headers it is up to Hamann to pick up the lose ball most of the time, but he hardly does so, also some times he needs to push foward beyond the half way line and control the play in the oppsition half, he is probarly the only player with the technical abilty to do this. I know that the the fact he lacks pace limits this, but sometime he has to take risks.

He's doing well but he can do better.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:52 pm

I think we have seen the best of hamann, to me he seems past his peak?...he tends to "go missing" to often these days, his influence in midfield is not what it once was. stevie G is doing all the work, while hamann sits back to much, and when was the last time he actually hit the target when he lets one fly?...his contibution has been poor for a while now and i would not be surprised if he was off loaded in the summer and we went for someone with a "better engine" cos, his is in need of a good serviceing?. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:43 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:I think we have seen the best of hamann, to me he seems past his peak?...he tends to "go missing" to often these days, his influence in midfield is not what it once was. stevie G is doing all the work, while hamann sits back to much, and when was the last time he actually hit the target when he lets one fly?...his contibution has been poor for a while now and i would not be surprised if he was off loaded in the summer and we went for someone with a "better engine" cos, his is in need of a good serviceing?. ???

i used to praise for his defensive work but i think Gutaso will be a muchh better replacement!!  :D
whylongball?

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Yeah Gattuso, Carlos, Shevchenko and Figo why not? Keep dreaming :D
115-1073096938

Postby azriahmad » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:34 pm

I generally agree and I also think that Hamann to date has not been having an outstanding season as he has done better for Liverpool in the past. Perhaps it is down to the fact that the other players have also been playing poorly that he and Gerrard had to do much more than usual and we expect too much of these two?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion