Le harve youngsters

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:05 pm

Hi everyone, :)

I was talking to my friend and we were talking about Pongolle and Le Tallec. He reckons Le Tallec is currently worth more then Pongolle and is to be a hotter prospect in the future.

I asked him why he thought so and he said Le Tallec is more of an offensive player and helps create chances for others and he said those type of players are better to have and get better at it and thats what makes there value so high e.g. Zidane, Emre and Guily.

I had disagreed with him and said Pongolle was a better prospect and is worth more currently. Don't get me wrong, I think Le Tallec is a fantastic talent and we will see more from him in years to come. I think Pongolle will get better for his position and become a great striker but i think Le Tallec will be come a great player for his position as well.

So what I'am asking you guys is who will become a better player and who is worth more?

Please feel free to give your opinions or add to this topic and correct me if i'm wrong. I'am a Liverpool Newbie :)

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/default/Desktop/The%20Becks%20%26%20Owen%20Partnership.jpg[/img]
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:26 am

was this a cr#p post so no one bothered to reply..or did no one see it... :(
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:28 am

Hello......? :(
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:24 am

I personally think that La Tallec is a better prospect. Thats only because i think cinema divers too much. They ar both great prospects though but wont hang around playing in the reserves
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:29 am

I like both players but I think that Pongolle is a bit too small cos defenders are getting taller these days, but I suppose he makes up in his pace, he reminds me of a young Michael Owen, remember when Owen was fast? those were the days  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:47 pm

i agree that both of these youngsters have tremendous potential. if they didn't then why were the rest of europe be chasing them aswell before we signed them?

both have been relatively unfortunate with injuries since arriving. i'm surprised sinama didn't break his leg after that boa morte challenge at loftus road. however whenever he came on he looked like causing problems (i think he's won 4 penalties). the both of them also need time to develop physically.

le tallec could be the creative player we have needed but only time will tell. i would like to see him on the bench on sunday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby madred » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:55 pm

I can honestly see 1 if not 2 of them wanting to leave the club soon due to playing for the ressies or warming the bench! As kids u want 2 b playing!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion