Wat about the youngsters - What would u do

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby King Carra » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:31 pm

I would only allow Barragan to play a part in the first team, but only as a sub, otherwise for the rest of the lot we singed, give them a year of reserve team football and then bring them into the first team next season.
King Carra

Postby jammydodger » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:21 pm

Rafael Benitez has hinted that more young players could follow Antonio Barragan into the Liverpool first team squad during the coming season. 
Barragan, a close-season signing from Sevilla, is one of several youngsters who form the backbone of a new look Reds reserve side.

At just 17-years of age he became the youngest player to appear for the club under Benitez, when coming on as a second half substitute in the Champions League qualifier away to CSKA Sofia last month.

Fellow new signings Jack Hobbs, Godwin Antwi, Miki Roque, Ramon Calliste and Besian Idrizaj, not to mention the local lads who are coming through the ranks of the Academy, will now be hoping to follow in Barragan's footsteps and the manager has spoken encouragingly about their prospects.

"Maybe they will have similar possibilities," says Benitez, who admits he'll be keeping a keen eye on their progress. "It depends on injuries and themselves. If they play really well then it will be difficult for me to ignore them.

"From what I have seen so far they have done well and worked hard. We have a lot of young players in the reserve team now and it is a little bit light on experience.

"What we are trying to do is prepare a new team that will be packed with quality players and in time we hope these players will be ready for the first team." 

I hope he does utilise some of the new signings against the weaker sides..
jammydodger

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:56 am

philchampionsl2005 wrote:over the summer we have seen the arrival of 6 youngsters to liverpool. 3 CB , 2 midfielders and 1 striker. Rafa payed clause with there prevoius clubs to get them which to me shows high potential for liverpool to do that. I was thinking though could these signings be used quicker than expected. We have seen mainly at Arsenal that throwing the youngsters into big games, preferable carling cup can help there development vastly, as arsene did lst season and look at the development of clichy, fabregas, flamini etc. Do u believe that if rafa put theses players into certain matches it would be 2 much of a risk or would really help the development of these players
What is your opinion on this.

who is the striker ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:41 am

Ramon Calliste (Welsh Under-21)
jammydodger

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 am

from man utd
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:54 pm

Yeah we should defo and try and bring a couple of young players on this season, depending on the circumstances of course, but say if we are 3-0 up or similar we could bring on a youngster for 15-20 minutes and see how they cope.
Adebisi

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Its good to have youngsters waitign in the wings. Everyone saw how the youngsters at Arsenal came up this year. Van Persie, Fabregas, Senderos, ect.....Weve already had Warnock come up and really make a name for himself. I think if Barragan comes good then that will really ease the load on Hyypia and Carra. We just need one more to come through form midfield. Im hoping Idrazaj will be ther one as he come with real expectations from beign Austrian player of the year.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:52 pm

i am looking forward to the austrian player of the year too......juz imagine so young...and he gets voted player of the year.....

Should be an awesome prospect.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:31 pm

Hes not on the Liverpool oficial site in the squad yet though.,,,,,

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:44 pm

Having young talent is all well and good but the thing is you need to give them playing experience, premiership experience mostly especially if they are forigen, Its always good to send them out on loan but they need to be playing. Hopefully we will get to see these kids throughout the season and hopefully they will be impressive enough in the few game they will play for us they will be wanted for loans in the premiership next season.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:57 pm

Hopefully eh.

400th post. feck, can't believe i even made it this far.
:(
109-1093441336

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion