Youngsters - Next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:44 pm

Paul C wrote:
The Magician wrote:David Raven is supposed to be the next big thing to come through the Academy.

Just cos he's 'supposed to be' doesn't mean he is, from the times I've seen him play he hasn't done anything, also he was involved in the reserves which if I'm correct got religated this season  ???

The reserves did badly because the team that represented us in the reserves league was what should have been our U19 team.  We were just screwed with injuries
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Well Roque and Barragan are now being joined by Hobbs, so there is hope.  (All speculation though)
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:58 pm

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Carra/Whitbread pairings on team sheets in the coming season. Everytime I've seen Zac I've been hugely impressed at his composure and reading of pressure situations.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 2520years » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:46 pm

I agree with most of the above, but we have to be careful if we're thinking of BUYING too many youngsters.  IMO that was one of Houllier's mistakes.  The experience slowly disappeared and wasn't properly replaced.  A 'good blend of youth and experience' is what's required (apologies for the cliche).
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby L-type » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:00 am

Well by then Alonso will be around 25, and will be in place to be our Maldini.  What the hell we can have 3 Maldini's.  Alonso, Gerrard, and Carra !!!  It's not how old you are it's how you learn to deal with the situations and these are things Benitez stresses and preaches to the squad.  Im in no way worried about this.  Besdies another way to get experience is by playing in big games, and I'm hping we can play in tons of those relatively soon.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:31 am

i have nv seen whitbread played before, how gd is he.. i think welsh biggest problem is his physical attributes.. a shortie in the midfield.. which in time, will be the weakest link if he ever play for liverpool.. i dun think he would have a chance at all..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby mikopool » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:41 pm

I like David Raven, of the little I have seen of him, in a year or even less he will be a class defender.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion