Youngsters

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roma 84 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:07 pm

Have we any young stars in the making at the academy. What ive picked up theres not.. and any of our carling cup crew aren't going to make the cut, is it now a case of just spending to improve?
Roma 84

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:10 pm

Yes we do did u see the Carling cup vs Spurs ? David Raven and Zak Whitbread have just signed new contract so Rafa must rate them highly and are close to getting first team action. John welsh and Darren potter do alright in the middle and Partridge resuced us when he came on for Diao its not about spending its about them gettin a chance :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:13 pm

They could not be in better hands, Rafa knows the value and importance of home grown.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:14 pm

Man u and Aresnal have to buy foreigner cus there not producing from there academy and Chelsea do they have an Academy ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:33 pm

I think Partridge needs more chances, i firmly believe he could do a better job the Nunez down the flank. Potter and Warnock have also shown good signs when the've played.

That Whitbread fella reminds me so much of Sami Hyypia, definitely one for the future.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:33 pm

Its been a long time since Man UTD have brought genuine quality through their youth team. The Becks, Giggs youth team is now seen as really a once off.

Arsenal and Man UTD have spent a lot of money on foreign teenagers in the last 2 years.

90% of them will never amount to anything.

Young English or British Isles youth are good for the club as they all have one important ingredient: heart.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Roma 84 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:41 pm

I thought the lads done us well against spurs and never gave up,a couple of good performances- none outstanding. Nunez looks weak (Hopefully just the settling in period)- players like partridge should be given more exposure to first team action to progress- these players are not getting any younger. Lets hope they get what they deserve!
Roma 84

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:57 am

I like Partridge too and whitbread altho Brownbreads better for the waistline  :laugh:  Rafas the man.
we are certainly bringing better players through than most but I could see fergie raiding Middlesboro,with his old pal in charge there
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion