Hansen: carragher 'ten times better than me' - Telegraph article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO_14 » Sun May 08, 2005 3:25 pm

your all underrating stevie g for some reason and your not realising what he has done this season, i would put carra first but putting him down in like 7th is a joke, stop bein so hard on him and actually go to a game for once and see what he is like, dont know wat ur problem is with him but i hav got to laugh at some of your views on one of our best players.
Stu shut the f*ck up with your retarded views, you know sh*t about liverpool fc and shut up always sayin how your a scouse liverpool fan and its always better to be a fan in liverpool like me, im the greatest, i know everything about liverpool, im always right and your always wrong. If you went to the games week in week out like me i would say your a great fan but until then kiss my a**e
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon May 09, 2005 12:01 am

Finnan has been very good but some people are giving him more credit than he's probably earned. He hasn't been a rock like JC, and all too often he has given away free kicks in his position where it is dangerous for us (remember what Milan do from set pieces). He doesn't provide much width for us on the attack either and isn't a great crosser of the ball. However he has defended well like all of our backline and he's had a much better season than anyone expected, been hardworking too.

Steven Gerrard started the season amazingly scoring lots, the injury at old trafford didn't help and neither did speculation about his future constantly cropping up. I still think he has been inspirational in many games, but he could do with tidying up possession.

After the invincible JC I'd be tempted to rate Alonso (tho injuries were a shame) or Riise as our 2nd best player this season.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon May 09, 2005 10:36 am

I agree with JBG that Carra, no matter how outstanding he has been, could not possibly be better than Alan Hansen. Alan Hansen is by far Liverpool's greatest central defender and he is being very modest by declaring that Carra is 10 times better than him.

By his own admission, he is "hopeless" at tackling but claims to have makde up this deficiency by positioning, anticipation and speed. The younger fans here may not remember his playing days and he had on many occassions was the key defender who intercepted ther opposition and initiated attacks which resulted in goals.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 09, 2005 12:35 pm

your all underrating stevie g for some reason and your not realising what he has done this season, i would put carra first but putting him down in like 7th is a joke, stop bein so hard on him and actually go to a game for once and see what he is like, dont know wat ur problem is with him but i hav got to laugh at some of your views on one of our best players.
Stu shut the f*ck up with your retarded views, you know sh*t about liverpool fc and shut up always sayin how your a scouse liverpool fan and its always better to be a fan in liverpool like me, im the greatest, i know everything about liverpool, im always right and your always wrong. If you went to the games week in week out like me i would say your a great fan but until then kiss my a**e

Get a grip you tool. :D

I've been to more games (Home, Away, Europian, Friendlies, Reserves and academy games) over the last 10 years than you could probably ever dream of goin to.

Also, my views are accurate, and most importantly, MY OWN! Not the papers and not anyone elses. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't reply to me. :buttrock
115-1073096938

Postby Sean » Mon May 09, 2005 2:27 pm

Hansen was an awesome player but he almost cost us the '78 european cup with a dodgy back pass that Thommo cleared off the line.  Phil Neal and Hansen were inspirational buys in the '70's.  The goal Hansen set up for Rush in the '82 5-0 drubbing against Everton epitomised his ability.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion