Pace - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:49 pm

Ledley King is a great addition but it will not happen mick as much as i and you would like it to. He would cost a hell of a lot and spurs are going places at the moment.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:21 pm

I didn't really rate Ledley King a few years ago. He looked a superb athlete but had the Traore problem of making poor decisions and his positional awareness was lacking.

HOWEVER, in the past two seasons he has come on leaps and bounds. He is far more commanding now and he seems to have eradicated a lot of the weaknesses in his game. I would definitely have Ledley King as the long term replacement for Sammi, but as others said, you'd end up paying way over the odds for him.

BTW, I heard last night that Gabriel Milito has made a very good start to the season in Spain. He scored against Barcelona last week and apparently won every ball in the air. I have seen him play and he reminds me of Ayala. He's not the tallest but he has a brilliant spring and can beat taller guys in the air.

Its a pity that we missed out on him.

Rumour has it that Brazilian Alex will leave PSV this January. Alex is more in the Rio Ferdinand mould that say, Hyppia or John Terry, in that he likes to bring the ball out of defence. He was very impressive last year in the Champions League for PSV.

There was a story two years ago that Roman Abramovich funded his transfer to PSV and that once Alex had some European experience, he would go to Chelsea. However, I don't see any room for him at the moment at Chelsea. There's talk of him going to Milan. What do people think of Alex?

While we're on the subject of Brazilians, I see Diego is developing nicely at Porto. I like Diego, he's in that Joe Cole mould where he can play anywhere as an attacking midfielder. I could see Diego being a top transfer target for bigger European clubs in the next 18 months.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:23 pm

Well in Big mick! :cool:  I reckon we could get him. If Ledley King wants to play for a big club like Liverpool and not a has-been club like spurs then I think we have just as good a chance as anyone in buying him. I would definately earmark as Hyypia's replacement and I think we can get him for around £15m considering that he's English.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion