Take away his pace.... - And what`s left ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:15 pm

I`ve seen it many times before. Players run fast as h**l, but their abilities is otherwise limited ! I think that`s the case with Michael Owen too!
His feet are too fast - his head can`t keep up - everybody knows that there has to be some connection - otherwise things go to h**l !
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:05 am

Owen just pace? Get real!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Stackman » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:42 am

I think Owen has a bit more about him than simply running blindly at full pelt.  He's no Franz Carr.

Take away pace from the modern striker, and what have you got?  Would Henry be so devastating without his pace?
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:03 am

owen has lost it all at the moment he needs 2 b dropped to the bench 4 a bit:p
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:28 pm

I wouldn't drop him + i don't think GH would dare with contract talks eminent. Michael will come good. I fancy him to get a goal against Pompey tomorrow.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:18 pm

when you talk about a player with just pace you're talking about craig bellamy. there's more to michael than just pace. there needs to be now because defenders have learnt how to play against him. a lot of michaels work is done outside the penalty box nowadays.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Coley » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:24 pm

i think Michael has lost a lot of the pace he once had anyway due to his various injuries, so his game can't just be based on pace.  When he get in to the position to score it is more to do with his speed of thought (most of the time) rather than his pace.  I agree that he would normally be dropped, but not while the contract is up for renewal.  I really want him to stay, so he can work with the new manager! :)
Coley

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:36 pm

Stackman wrote:I think Owen has a bit more about him than simply running blindly at full pelt.  He's no Franz Carr.

Take away pace from the modern striker, and what have you got?  Would Henry be so devastating without his pace?

How much pace does RVN or Shearer have ? As far as I know it`s not their pace that make them brilliant goalscorers! It`s more how they run and how they position themselves in front of the goal-area ! :D  ???
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion