Michael owen - Is he really leaving - what do you know?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:42 pm

I've been reading a few of the posts on this site concerning Michael Owen leaving the club.  I have read quotes saying "he's leaving" and "he will sign for some other team this summer".

Now, adhering to the fact that in 1997, I was at the dentist one day (carry on reading......) and my dentist told me Paul Ince HAD INDEED SIGNED for Liverpool, because his kids told had heard he had enrolled his own mini-Guv'nor's at their school, I would like to know exactly where all of you are getting your facts from, that Michael Owen will leave Liverpool.

Is it YOUR dentist, bookmakers, friends of friends, children of friends, is it Chandler OFF Friends?

Where do you get your facts from that he will leave Liverpool?

Surely it is not just the media you're getting your facts from?
jonnymac1979

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Hes going mark my words, I wouldnt be surprised if Owens move to Real Madrid has secretly been agreed now knowing our lying two faced board.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:31 pm

Roberts wrote:Hes going mark my words, I wouldnt be surprised if Owens move to Real Madrid has secretly been agreed now knowing our lying two faced board.

Roberts

HOW do you know though?
jonnymac1979

Postby azriahmad » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:09 am

Guys, even if he goes, we should wish him all the best as he has been a loyal player at Liverpool and we can't fault him for trying his luck to win the Champions' Legaue with a team which has more chances of doing so than Liverpool.
Players have a short playing career and a player of Owen's class needs to have a chance of at least winning a few medals in his career. I just hope that Liverpool gets a good transfer fee.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:27 am

Owen is definitely leaving.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:42 am

Michael Owen will go I believe, and he has every right to.  even if he goes for free what right do we have to complain?  he played his heart out every game for this club and we didn't exactly spend a cent to sign him did we?  If he wants to go he should be allowed to and we should wish him the best of luck and hope he has a wonderful career at Real Madrid or wherever else he goes.  He deserves it.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby whylongball? » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:22 pm

well agree guys, should wish him all the best for what he's done for Liv...well i blame the manager though.....
whylongball?

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:14 pm

Kermit  should have gone in the Summer after a pretty disatrous league campaign. To go from 12 unbeaten and top to fifth and nowhere is disgraceful. We lost 10 of the last 26 league games which is terrible. Losing at home to Man City was the last straw for me, after we'd clawed our way back into contention.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:26 pm

Owen is extending his contract by a year.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:18 pm

Won't count for diddly unless Kermit goes in the summer. If Cisse is the highlight of the summer transfers and half the cr@p Kermit has signed stays rather than goes, I can see us struggling to get fourth behind manure, Arsenal and Chelski again. Another "bad" day today with Newcastle and Charlton winning.

Pools panel had us down for a home win, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, especially given the score draw last weekend
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:37 am

I read a couple of juicy RUMOURS on another site. Let me find it....
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:42 am

This information was obtained from a guy who claims to be close friends with one of the high ranking staff of LFC...Like I said rumour, not sure if its true but alot sound ligit'..
----------------
Please read on.

1: Houllier is leaving at the end of the season, without question. It has already been decided by the club after he offered his resignation in October, it was refused point blank and Parry begged him to reconsider which he did and decided to remain to the end of the season.The board DO NOT want him to leave but accept that he feels it is time to move on.

2: The board HAVE contacted Martin O'Neill, albeit discreetly. They have also approached Celtic to talk to him at the end of the season which Celtic have refused.

3: If they dont get permission and nothing can be sorted out, the next man on the list is Steve McLaren. He is seen as another man who can take us forward. My friend in question absolutely raves about him and says that he is the most innovative and forward thinking coach at the top level of the game bar none.

4:Houllier was desperate to sign Alan Smith in the transfer window. He was told that he had to sell first. Heskey was offered to Middlesbrough for 3.5 mill which was agreed but Emile refused to talk to them as he doesnt want to leave. I dont know how much we were thinking of offering for Smith.He also tried to loan Joe Cole but was told that Chelsea needed him for cover and it was a no no.

5:The Cisse deal is apparently still NOT complete.There is disagreement over the size of the minimum fee release clause in the contract which Cisse & his agent are insisting on

6: Michael Owen has agreed to a one year extension and he did some time ago. The club wanted a long term deal but he has promised to review it again further down the line based on our success or lack of it in the coming year.He agreed to this apparently some time ago but nothing has been finalised yet. Judging by some newspapers i have read today, some of you may already know this so it may be old news.

7: Finally, on international weeks last year on 3 separate occasion, 2 Manc players who shall remain nameless but are defenders, tried to tap Owen up on behalf of Ferguson who was aware that his contract was running down. Owen said to tell Ferguson that he would never sign for another english club, and if he signed for the mancs he's never be able to leave his house again!!!!!

Dont nail me to the wall here lads, I'm only the messenger, but this is from an extremely good source who knows and plays with on occasions the top players from our club. As I said ive known the bloke all my life and he often gives me info, but not much regarding our club until now and I just had to pass it on to the boys in here, with permission of course
-------------
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:43 am

Point 6 was reported on sky sports website.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:43 am

kopper wrote:This information was obtained from a guy who claims to be close friends with one of the high ranking staff of LFC...Like I said rumour, not sure if its true but alot sound ligit'..

So it wasn't a man who walked past a fan walking his dog who'd heard two men talking outside Anfield saying they'd overheard the friend of the wife of a player's cousin talking about it to a steward last week then?  :D
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:50 am

1: Houllier is leaving at the end of the season, without question. It has already been decided by the club after he offered his resignation in October, it was refused point blank and Parry begged him to reconsider which he did and decided to remain to the end of the season.The board DO NOT want him to leave but accept that he feels it is time to move on.

Can't believe he's still there, anyone who still thinks he will take us to the promised land should be locked up

2: The board HAVE contacted Martin O'Neill, albeit discreetly. They have also approached Celtic to talk to him at the end of the season which Celtic have refused.

IF O'Neill can do anything, I'm more convinced by some adverts than his credentials

3: If they dont get permission and nothing can be sorted out, the next man on the list is Steve McLaren. He is seen as another man who can take us forward. My friend in question absolutely raves about him and says that he is the most innovative and forward thinking coach at the top level of the game bar none.

Another gamble IMO, a man with decent credentials if we wish to comfortably avoid relegation and make cup finals

4:Houllier was desperate to sign Alan Smith in the transfer window. He was told that he had to sell first. Heskey was offered to Middlesbrough for 3.5 mill which was agreed but Emile refused to talk to them as he doesnt want to leave. I dont know how much we were thinking of offering for Smith.He also tried to loan Joe Cole but was told that Chelsea needed him for cover and it was a no no.

Smith picks up more yellows than goals, yesterday being a welcome exception. Heskey will never want to leave, this is as big a club as he will ever be (sh1t) at.  I wish the tw@ts on the board would put a stop to contract extensions without SERIOUS consideration, we don't need useless to$$ers like Heskey on long contracts not wishing to leave

5:The Cisse deal is apparently still NOT complete.There is disagreement over the size of the minimum fee release clause in the contract which Cisse & his agent are insisting on

Certainly hope that's true, Houllier's spending should be severely restricted until he lands the league or clears off (obviously the latter, the first is less likely than Stu admitting it)

6: Michael Owen has agreed to a one year extension and he did some time ago. The club wanted a long term deal but he has promised to review it again further down the line based on our success or lack of it in the coming year.He agreed to this apparently some time ago but nothing has been finalised yet. Judging by some newspapers i have read today, some of you may already know this so it may be old news.

Fair enough, can't ask any more than that from him. World Class players expect success and a few cups and the odd CL campaign is not good enough for us or him
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion