Trust the manager - Criticism is boring me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:43 am

I believe in Rafa he is a good manager and i enjoy his tactics however its not his fault if the players who are upfront can not finish properly.

Bring Michael Owen back and watch the goals fly in, The amount of chances we create is silly. Im looking forward to crouch coming back and for Owen to be signed.

Then watch the moaners on this Forum shut up.

"THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL OWEN!!!!!
THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL OWEN!!!!!"

Liverpool fans at the super cup.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:52 am

Couldnt agree more
Nothing wrong with constructive critique but im staggered by some of kneejerk negative posts on here all things considered.
So much for once the season starts, sanity will return to the forums  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:05 am

policy wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:Good Post, But dont you think he should put his system around the strenghs to the team and players, instead of using a system that doesnt suit the players atributes? Just a thought.

I agree with you that if you are stuck with players, you have to roll with the punches and play to your strengths on the squad.

Last year Rafa did well in Europe despite having a squad that he didn't want.

I think that because the transfer window is still open he wants to get players that fit into his strategy because his system is what he believes in, and he wants it to be applied fully. 

I think that people are being too emotional about certain players. If Rafa believes that they don't work, I trust him and if  he wants to give others more chances, I don't care as long as he keeps winning the silverware.

That is such an excellent and sensible post  :bowdown especially the last part where you refer to people getting too emotional about certain players.

Cheers!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:40 am

Alonso14 wrote:Good Post, But dont you think he should put his system around the strenghs to the team and players, instead of using a system that doesnt suit the players atributes? Just a thought.

yep i do agree.

i was having a go after the sunderland game precisely because of this. it seemed to me that rafa had decided to play 4-5-1 and then looked at the players he had available and stuck cisse on the right wing because he was the best viable option.

you play to the team's strengths and pick a system to best accomodate them. i can't see us playing 4-4-2 until we get proper wide men in so i wouldn't be surprised to see 4-2-3-1 in the not too distant future.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daddyo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:27 am

I listened to a heated debate on radio a few days ago regarding MO an the possibilities of him returning to these shores in an Arsenal shirt.

The general concencus is that whilst being an excellent goalscorer, his style of play as an individual would compromise the style and the functionality of the team as a whole.

This could be a possibility that Rafa is taking into account when dealing with the situation.

EVERY manager needs time when building and shaping a team.
Dont think for a minute that even the players Rafa has bought in now will be the players to take us to the title, coz there will be more changes as we evolve an refine our system of play.

The CL was a huge, huge unexpected bonus in his first season, and however it was won no-one can take it away from us, but Rafa will also know this and will be building towards the day when we can enter the competition as EPL champions with FULL expectation of doing well.

Give him time.

YNWA
daddyo

Postby jammydodger » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:08 pm

There is a difference between pessimists and realists,

and whilst i back Rafa, some people on this board have brought up very relevant issues, and Rafa has made some mistakes, which will be pointed out whether you like it or not.
jammydodger

Postby mighty mo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:25 pm

in rafa we trust  :bowdown
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:35 pm

Rafa has already proved that he is an outstanding manager , I don't however see why his accomplishments should automatically forbid any fan from voicing their opinion if it happens to be negative , the purpose of a forum if for people to debate issues that concern them ,it's not a Nuremberg rally where the only acceptable reference to our "leader" is a Zieg Heil" or a chorus of "In Rafa we Trust"
I'm constantly amazed at how many people in here have access to Rafa's thought processes . I've lost count of the number of bull' :censored: posts that contain phrases such as "Rafa knows....." or "Rafa thinks ...." as if the poster actually has a clue as to Rafa's thinking , and yet they are never challenged or their opinion denigrated.
More consided opinion and less blind fanaticism would make this forum a much better place.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:21 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:i just for the life of me cant understand how when we win the biggest competition in world club football, we have to wheel and deal. In the past we have always spent quite heavily and now when we just need that little bit more they are relying on rafa's magic to save them a fortune. Its a risky game we are playing, i hope we crack the top three and move on upwards but i cant help feeling that we are only cementing fourth place for ourselves every year.

A little bit of cash injection would propel this club into the stratoshere. I hear that after our CL win, we inherited 10million more fans worldwide, i know we run the club like a family, but if we were ruthless in our marketing like Madrid and  man poo then we could certainly hit record global sales. We are the most successful club in britain ffs:D :D

As much as most LFC fans would hate to admit, i agree with a lot here. I agree LFC could utilise one of the biggest footlball fan base's in the world better. and that a cash injection would free Rafa from making do.. with certain players.

.. but, maybe we have a great fan base becuase this club is not as mercenary as its rivals. from the marketing side, i for one would find agressive marketing tactics offensive from LFC, but i would expect it from manure or chelsea or the big euro clubs. 

as for the cash injection, if it came from fans or some benevolent benefactor, then no problems. but from another source with an agenda, than i would worry.

and besides anything that takes a while to build, will feel so much better when the results come in.

St Mike, I will always support the LFC manager, but surely we should voice what we feel.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:25 pm

I agree, some of the fans lately are starting to p155 me off, Liverpool fans have always been faithful and thats what makes us special, we are starting to sound fickle like Man U fans and that isn't what makes Liverpool Football Club!! :angry:

Rafa has been here 12 months and has taken the club forward, I don't understand why people are getting on his back, yeah ok some decissions aren't what we'd want but Rafa hasn't got the record he has by being lucky, it's a different country and league but give the guy time and he will prove all these negative muppets wrong!!! :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:37 pm

stmichael wrote:I think it's bang out of order what some people have been saying about our manager.

St Mick you don't actually give any examples . Maybe I've missed something in another thread ? Paul C also expressess the wish that people would get off Rafa's back .

Clue me in , what has been said that is so controversial. ?     ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:46 pm

he's graham souness in discuise...
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:47 pm

sorry...that was SO insulting....i take it back!

rafa is god
*R*E*D*S*

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:48 pm

:D yeh lets not trust him... in fact lets have some interviews on here and see who could take up the reigns when he leaves next week :D :laugh:

Applications to the mysterious LFC  :Oo:
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:51 pm

ask a series of questions.... the first being are you going to sign michael owen?

see who gives the best response!
*R*E*D*S*

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion