2-0 up how should houllier play this one . - Defend or attack mix it or what v levski

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shilton_red » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:38 am

Away ties can be dodgy , what do you do , we are 2-0 up . I think we need to attack , or mix it , but we cant try to just defend the lead . What do you think we will do guys .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby ynwa » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:47 am

i want them to play football tonite nice easy passing no stupied balls dont want them playing like f##k this i only here for the money
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:55 am

:ghostface: i agree keep it simple , pass  it around , dont take risks at the back . Look to score a goal on the break . Quick good balls into Baros or Owen are reqiured .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:01 pm

If we score we will be through, I cannot see Sofia getting three against us.

I predict a 0-0 bore.

Thats not a criticism: its a professional scoreline in Europe after winning at home.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:28 pm

I would like to see some attacking football played by us, quick passing, a bit of stylish football even if the final score is 0-0.  A win is just a bonus for us but I would like to see us try and get it.  It would see us more highly rated in our next round.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby oldredeyes » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:34 pm

Owen needs goals to get him back on track. I think he will start tonight. The team should win, particularly as the home side will need to attack more and will leave themselves open to the pace of Owen and Baros.
Sounds good I suppose - here's hoping!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:45 pm

yeah if we score one the tie's over. we definitely can't afford to sit back and defend because that will get the crowd fired up. from what i hear it's quite a hostile atmosphere inside their stadium. it's been snowing there as well so conditions won't be easy. should be a routine professional excercise though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:27 pm

Possession football looking to hit on the quick counter. They shouldn't pose a serious threat, but we should look for an away goal to make the tie secure (they would need four to win!)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion