Liverpool v levski

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:11 pm

Extremely entertaining game.

Some great stuff been played by us and some impressive moves by them aswell. Our defending is worrying the sh##e of me though. This needs to be sorted.  Over the last few games we look like we could break anyone down... but on the other hand we look like a pub team could score one or two against us aswell.

Think Finnan's been guilty recently and Sami and Stephane don't look the same players since the tactical change. Off to watch the second half n e ways... couldn't afford the trip over tonight... by the looks of the weather glad i didn't :D
115-1073096938

Postby ynwa » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:36 pm

brillirent game by gerrard
good goals
nice passing
defences was a bit dodge
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:42 pm

mmm Gerrard is definately improving now. He's starting to do what i expect of him finally. For me he's been a dissapointment since the treble season.

His attitude and work rate seem to have finally become what i've expected and he's starting to look a world beater. I still think there is room for improvement aswell... he lacks composure at times and still hits the odd sloppy pass... he sometimes wants to over do things aswell... but i'd rather he over done stuff as apose to "underdoing" stuff :D

Another mistake Houllier made making him captian ay...
115-1073096938

Postby ynwa » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 pm

every player does a bad pass in match he is the best passer of the ball in the premership gh has made him a better player since he has been caption he has not been booked since he has took over
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:00 pm

Nice to see little Michael putting in some effort tonight, brilliantly taken goal, great check and run along the line to stay onside.......
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:14 pm

Owen was brilliant.

Gerrard is sloppy and careless with his passing still at times and more than he needs to be.

He is finally getting there tho. What a player he'll be over the next 7 or 8 years.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:32 am

Gerrard's been booked ONCE all season, hardly the "bab Boy" he is ioften p[ortrayed to be but he'll probably go and kick omeone into next week soon to prove me wrong LOL:D Liverpool played well tonight against let it be said very average team but as the Great Kenny said on CH 5 tonight you can only beat what they put in front of you....Walk on ...
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redstorm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 am

Gerrard has improved..
hopefully the defence will also improve.. :;):
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:03 am

Good performance last night - Passed the ball well + good to see Owen playing higher up the pitch where he should be. I can't remember the last time we scored 4 goals in agame! The opposition wasn't the greatest and i'm hoping we can draw Roam or Barca in the next round.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:12 pm

A good performance spoilt by some bad un liverpool like defending (history wise). But a good win and Owen and others played well for a change . Well done Mr Houllier and one in the eye for the Houllier out mob .We walk on .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:22 pm

I thought we did a good job but I'm not going to go overboard on it - why?

1st goal was a terrible back-pass - a gift
2nd goal was good timing by Owen
3rd and 4th goals were good headers but set piece goals don't impress me too much

The defence was worrying but Henchoz did slip for the second which was unfortunate. Finnan was slack on the 1st goal and it was a well placed strike. All in all we're through and the tests will be sterner. Any win away in Europe is a good win, but that tie really gave us no indicatio of how we'll fare next round and beyond
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:23 pm

So Mr Houllier did well then .??? :D
shilton_red

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:29 pm

I said the team did a good job, on play overall. I play down the goals because none of them involved brilliant build up play etc (two corners, a back-pass and a long through ball beating offside) Houllier did nothing, the tie was over when the first goal came from a mistake, it was dead and buried by 15 mins. There were no awe inspiring tactics which got those goals, no inspired substitutions.......
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:34 pm

Very silly comment to say he did nothing . We know management involves alot . What he said before the game must have been right , because it worked etc . He picked the team to play too under much hype and pressure . I think hes worth a pat on the back this morning .
shilton_red

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:39 pm

It is a true comment not silly, there is no tactic known to man that can cater for bad back-passes :O You can give credit for pushing up and pressuring, but a lot of teams do that with no luck. We got the early lucky break and took advantage, I'm not going to give Houllier praise for something BEYOND HIS CONTROL
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion