We're boned - Not to sound dispondant

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:12 am

zarababe wrote:
Dalglish wrote:There's a lot of recriminations flying around tonight especialy against Banana but I always knew Banana was bent anyway :D

Come on people , WHO believed at half time we were going to score 3 times (Total Goals scored in the Group games put together) and secure a famous victory ? :p

I am being honest here and believed for the 2nd time in a fortnight (Arsenal being the first) we would not win this game. I am happy to be proved wrong obviously , I suppose I wasn't so stupid as to put it in as a post on this thread like Banana and others LOL :laugh:

"Kop Kid" was either Brave or stupid (You decide Which) with his half time evaluation but to be fair he wasn't far wrong was he.

Anyway as they say in football thats all academic now and we march on into the final 16 and I fancy us against anyone over 2 legs.....

Walk on ...........

.. too true I heard Monaco's goal go in.. and then went on to teletext later on expecting to see a headline of "Liverpool Cracsh Out " and low and behold... we did it...

.. Baros bak from injury.. Nunez preety new and well .. did not hold much hope.. hey but sooooooo glad we got thru ..

... and Bob u leave that Banana alone..  :p

You mean you didn't watch the match  :oh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:37 am

Your job as a fan is to support the lads no matter what the situation is. We play poorely, cheer them on. We play well, cheer them on.

I think we ought to criticise the team as well when they are bad. Since nothing is perfect. Banana was a bit harsh with his words but most of us were gutted as well by half time. Its not till pongy came on and the equaliser that we know we are on to something.

There were some faults in the team. We have faith in our strikers but we still need to finish the chances that we have created. By ignoring some faults with blind faith in your team makes defeat worse. It shows that you do not understand what is to be acheiving success in the long run.

Last night's game was a measure of good tactics that the lads stuck to, given orders from rafa after half time, and with the substitutions. We have a performance of 7 in average. A 10 for never giving up to get the 3 goals. Like JBG said, just enjoy a day with celebrations for a job well done in the end. :laugh:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 am

who the hell is diarra wrote:Well we need to win 3-1 now
I'll believe we can do that when me sh1t turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert  :(

Anyone for a dip in Diarra's purple coloured rainbow sherbert sh1t ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:54 am

I'm not picking on banana, but he's been harping on all season on this forum how we're not good enough. I accept many of his points but I think most Liverpool fans realise that we aren't good enough yet.

The fact that we aren't good enough is not news to the vast majority of Liverpool fans banana, indeed, it is well known and acknowledged.

HOWEVER, Liverpool fans haven't given up hope. We know we have a good manager and some very good players. We know we need probably 4 or 5 quality additions to go where we want to go, but we realise thats not going to happen over night. We have to keep the faith and support the manager.

Of course criticism and opinions are welcome when the team has under performed or certain things are going wrong behind the scenes. However, my own personal opinion is that criticism and booing should be kept away from the matches.

I admit that I was despondent at half time as we weren't playing well and the Greeks seemed to have a good game plan. I'd like to say "I'd knew we'd win" and back up my argument (which I'm sure a few here will do soon enough) by referring to the win against Fulham but to be honest, at half time I couldn't see that happening. I thought we'd hit them hard and give it a real go, but I thought at half time the Greeks would hold out. I was down but during a match, you have to hang in there.

Its only my opinion, but I could never understand fans that booed, jerred or slated the team during a match (be they standing in the Kop or sitting in their underpants on their sofa) and I never understood fans who leave early to beat the traffic.
Last edited by JBG on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:23 pm

Most of you here have been fans of this great club longer than me for miles. I became a fan in the mid 90's and I could hardly keep up with what was going on in the Premier League, so I hardly saw any matches. Comming to the US it was even harder because football is not popular here. This season has been different for me as a fan because I've love the club more and more after every game no matter what the result is.

I haven't always been a fan of Liverpool but I have never had the passion I have now for LFC for another club. I've become a bigger fan then I was a couple of years ago. Now I can see more games and I can keep up with things. I've seen a few games from last season here and there but no matter what the situation is I don't slate the player and I don't give up hope on the players and the manager.

Naturally I am not pessamistic especilly when it comes down to football. As much as there are negatives that can be taken from a game there can be the same amount of positives if you look at it the right way. We won't be perfect but that doesn't bother me as long as we give it our all and get the job done.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:24 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Its only my opinion, but I could never understand fans that booed, jerred or slated the team during a match (be they standing in the Kop or sitting in their underpants on their sofa) and I never understood fans who leave early to beat the traffic.

I am also of the same opinion, the word supporter means to support.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion