Sami - Not finished yet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:28 pm

Pace isn't an issue when the defence works as a unit but when they are pulled out of position and Sammi is left one on one with a very quick forward he looks vulnerable . He is however still a class act .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:His mistakes and lack of pace might have cost us 10 goals over the last two years. Bearing in mind if on average if you have a defence who makes 10 mistakes a season per player you conceed 50 goals. Sami probably makes 5, Riise 7 Carragher 6, Finnan 6 and Dudek about 10. As a rough sort of calculation. It works out at something like that. I'm not saying thats anything exact to go by, but its a rough guide.

Aaahhhhh that explains it then .... ???  :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Stu: Sammi has not only had 6 or 7 bad games in the past 2 years. He was excellent last night and if he can do that regularly, then great, but mmmm, I don't know.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:06 pm

Bottom line is that - like Biscan - he's pulled top quality performances out of the bag for us in Europe when we've needed him to come through.

When you look at the potential prize money the club can get for getting a good run together in the CL, that makes me think that keeping both of them on for another year would be money well spent. An experienced head in the centre of defence is invaluable in games played at a slower tempo like last night.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:11 am

Sami should stay. Whats the point in him moving when he's still a class player? Lets be honest - have you EVER seen him miss a header without being fouled? I can't help but wonder what a battle it'd be between him and Jan Koller!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion