Hate to say it but......gerrard is finished.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:34 pm

i mean as a real world class (in the best 10 players in the world) quality

You can say bad season but i saw it starting last season.......his goals luckily papered over the cracks....

his stamina isnt what it used to be and he has lost a little pace, thus losing his edge

you can see it for england too, his face is now of a man who knows he cant do what he used to do and this confidence is affecting his passing, shooting etc

He needs to be shifted into centre midfield now and change his game slightly
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i mean as a real world class (in the best 10 players in the world) quality

You can say bad season but i saw it starting last season.......his goals luckily papered over the cracks....

his stamina isnt what it used to be and he has lost a little pace, thus losing his edge

you can see it for england too, his face is now of a man who knows he cant do what he used to do and this confidence is affecting his passing, shooting etc

You right on his form dipping but moving him to CM is the wrong solution. Have you ever played CM at any level?

If you had you will recognise it is the position that covers the most ground and requires the most stamina. If Gerrard's fitness is decreasing, why on earth would you play him in a position that demands even more than he gives now??

As both Rafa and Houllier have said that they see Gerrard playing a more attacking, veering on CF forward role. His future lies on allowing others to "do the hardwork" of chasing and hustling and allow him to be a creative force up front.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

put it in a letter and post it to Rafa
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm

not all centre midfielders cover the most ground

a mascherano type or a makelele (in his prime) or a box to box midfielder like lampard = yes

an alonso, barry, pirlo, beckham for ac milan playmakers = no
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

:no @ this ridiculous thread.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:20 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i mean as a real world class (in the best 10 players in the world) quality

so last season he won the pfa player of the year and scored 24 in 44 games (better than 1 in 2) and yet you thought he was showing signs of waning?

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:23 pm

so hes gone from pfa player of the year......to not getting a single vote on here for (best outfield player this season)

gerrard is finished
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby haps » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm

We've been down this Gerrard-bashing route before.  I think last season's "poor form" / "decline" was cited then as well.  Laughable when you look at the stats.  It's nonsense.  Well, at least, I disagree.

If anything has been the cause of a dip in form this year for our captain, it's that injury has hampered his mobility and fitness, leading to a lack of confidence in his usual blood-and-thunder game.  That's understandable.  Less opportunity to link up with Nando has been another factor.  PLUS, (for me, at least) I think there has been some effect coming from a loss of confidence in the way the club has been run AND the team managed. 

Steven Gerrard could easily be considered to be a top world-class player for another couple of seasons beyond this one, given the right players around him, an injury-free run and perhaps a manager who can unlock the team's potential (or buy better players and use them right).

That's just what i think anyway.
haps

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm

haps wrote:

We've been down this Gerrard-bashing route before.  I think last season's "poor form" / "decline" was cited then as well.  Laughable when you look at the stats.  It's nonsense.  Well, at least, I disagree.

If anything has been the cause of a dip in form this year for our captain, it's that injury has hampered his mobility and fitness, leading to a lack of confidence in his usual blood-and-thunder game.  That's understandable.  Less opportunity to link up with Nando has been another factor.  PLUS, (for me, at least) I think there has been some effect coming from a loss of confidence in the way the club has been run AND the team managed. 

Steven Gerrard could easily be considered to be a top world-class player for another couple of seasons beyond this one, given the right players around him, an injury-free run and perhaps a manager who can unlock the team's potential (or buy better players and use them right).

That's just what i think anyway.

Dont be making sensible posts in here, this is the thread for absolute nonsense.
Couldnt you tell from the opener ?
Ben Patrick

Postby haps » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

:D

Don't know what came over me.

We should buy Titus Bramble.  Stevie needs confidence going forward.
haps

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Jesus Hobo lad ,i know Gerrard isn'yt having one of his better season's and yes last night he was one of our worst players in a team full of cack ,but steady on there fella .A bit ott i think. Gerrard is one of only 3 trully world class players we have and he's having a poor seaon by his standards ,but he will be fine and come back into good form . I bet you it will be during the world cup when this shItty season is behind him .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Alright Gerrard is having a bad season... but lets not go saying he's 'finished' :D

I would drop him to CM alongside Mascherano and play Aquilani in the hole.
Fauxy

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Aye, and Torres is sh!te too.  Always injured and can't even score against Wigan FFS. :angry:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:06 pm

LittleHobo wrote:not all centre midfielders cover the most ground

a mascherano type or a makelele (in his prime) or a box to box midfielder like lampard = yes

Beckham is krap.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Big Niall wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:not all centre midfielders cover the most ground

Beckham is krap.

your favourite word that isnt it

i mean krap by the way.
Ben Patrick

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion