Hate to say it but......gerrard is finished.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kakloola » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Liverpool 2005-2007: One touch pass from Gerrard to his mate (rise, benayoun, kuyt, torres, alonso, etc) and wonerfull return

Gerrard gives an amazing 40 yard through ball and the striker scores (baros, cisse, torres, luis garcie, kuyt, etc) and if the ball would rebound, guess who's there to smash it back in, ITS STEVIE G WITH HIS MAGICAL RIGHT FOOT

Liverpool 2008-present: Gerrard gives a pass to lucas who makes a run and passes it to Torres and Torres shoots and scores, if it rebounds then lucas or mascherano get the rebound

Gerrard would be a bit behind to start the whole game play again

I was watching Liverpool's road to Istanbul dvd

I was really happy with the passing they did and it really satisfied me but now Gerrard doesn't do those passes anymore

Against Man U you saw only one amazing cross from Gerrard to Torres but was intercepted by Vidic

Gerrard doesnt do those, now he does back heels and sets everyone up

I liked the old Gerrard, his first touch pass was amazing, his 40 to 60 yard through ball was brilliant, his shots were magical

i cant describe how i would feel

but now i dont see that i see, Gerrard has turned into a Frank Lampard or Fabregas or Lennon

Before he was Stevie G, the others are all the same

Gerrard was different he was something else

but now it's lost

dont get me wrong, he still is an amazing player

but not as good as he used to be

He's now having trouble in getting in form, i just want to see him in form again

I want to see Stevie G shine like he used to

im scared that i wont
Kakloola

Postby rocky29 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

the thing is we have to many midfielders and no flaming strikers. we need david villa who torres nows well. Get joe cole on a free. who thinks ryan shawcross could  be ok but only if he was cheapish. we gotta get rid of kuyt insua riera and maybe babbel. id swap them 4 for 2 quality players?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Kakloola » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 am

rocky29 wrote:the thing is we have to many midfielders and no flaming strikers. we need david villa who torres nows well. Get joe cole on a free. who thinks ryan shawcross could  be ok but only if he was cheapish. we gotta get rid of kuyt insua riera and maybe babbel. id swap them 4 for 2 quality players?

not babel
he has had his best 2 games in a row recently, he's in form
and against man u babel and aquilini together gave some trouble to them in the end
Kakloola

Postby Fauxy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 pm

I would drop Gerrard into centre mid so he can have more dictation over the game. The advanced position he is in now isnt working simply because the midfield arent creative enough to give him oppertunities to do some of his magic. Thats why I think this season he has struggled in the advanced role... last season we had Alonso dictating the play from midfield meaning that Gerrard could play in a free role higher up the pitch. We had a midfield that could contain the opposition's midfield but also get players higher up the pitch moving.

Now that that midfield hold is gone.. Gerrard suffers.

I would say drop Gerrard back into midfield because he is capable of dictating games, going strong into tackles and getting the ball up there for the forwards. Aquilani cant dictate play so deeply for the simple reason that he isnt so good defensivly, which is fine.. he's just not that kind of player.

I think to get the best out of the team and Gerrard right now, we need to drop him back into midfield were he can take responsibility for dictating play and put Aquilani in the attacking midfielder role were he plays best.
Fauxy

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Fauxy wrote:I would drop Gerrard into centre mid so he can have more dictation over the game. The advanced position he is in now isnt working simply because the midfield arent creative enough to give him oppertunities to do some of his magic. Thats why I think this season he has struggled in the advanced role... last season we had Alonso dictating the play from midfield meaning that Gerrard could play in a free role higher up the pitch. We had a midfield that could contain the opposition's midfield but also get players higher up the pitch moving.

I would say drop Gerrard back into midfield because he is capable of dictating games, going strong into tackles and getting the ball up there for the forwards. Aquilani cant dictate play so deeply for the simple reason that he isnt so good defensivly, which is fine.. he's just not that kind of player.

I think to get the best out of the team and Gerrard right now, we need to drop him back into midfield were he can take responsibility for dictating play and put Aquilani in the attacking midfielder role were he plays best.

Stick him on the right.  He had a great season there, and with Johnson in the side it might give him more chance to roam into the middle.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I agree he would be good on the right. But then we would need somebody else to dictate play in midfield.. i suppose we could have Benayoun playing in the hole and Aquilani dictating play in midfield but I would just feel as though Aquilani is being wasted.. he seems like a great player going forward.
Fauxy

Postby Waldo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I would drop Gerrard into centre mid so he can have more dictation over the game. The advanced position he is in now isnt working simply because the midfield arent creative enough to give him oppertunities to do some of his magic. Thats why I think this season he has struggled in the advanced role... last season we had Alonso dictating the play from midfield meaning that Gerrard could play in a free role higher up the pitch. We had a midfield that could contain the opposition's midfield but also get players higher up the pitch moving.

Stick him on the right.  He had a great season there, and with Johnson in the side it might give him more chance to roam into the middle.

Stmike

I find myself agreeing with you again. Great call.

Stick him on the right and bring in Aquaman into the advanced midfield position. Use Kuyt as back up for Torres and just f*ckin go for it...! He should be playing on the right (of the diamond) for England as well I reckon. Now that England are light on the right. He is wasted on the left.

I saw Gerrard's interview on SSN earlier and he is aware that his form has been :censored: this year and that it hasn't been a great year. Thats the 1st time I have seen him come out to the press for ages.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Fauxy wrote:I agree he would be good on the right. But then we would need somebody else to dictate play in midfield.. i suppose we could have Benayoun playing in the hole and Aquilani dictating play in midfield but I would just feel as though Aquilani is being wasted.. he seems like a great player going forward.

We haven't been anywhere near flexible enough when it comes to changing the formation of the team.

The 4-2-3-1 worked well when Alonso was supplying the ball for Gerrard + Torres to latch onto. We suffered at the start of this season because Aquilani wasn't fit and Lucas couldn't do what Alonso did in central midfield.

Rafa chose to stick with the 4-2-3-1 and it didn't work out for various reasons, including the loss of Alonso and other players losing form. Knowing that Alonso had gone, I would've preferred if Rafa switched to a 4-4-1-1 formation.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm

stmichael wrote:

Sounds good in theory and going forward would be great.
But what about if Gerrard drifts inside and Johnson does his usual forward forray.
Who covers the whole right then ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kakloola » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 am

gerrard doesnt have much chemistry with these new players
he has chemistry with torres kuyt and babel\
but i still have to see him with aquilni
garcia in my opinion was an important player for gerrard and maybe even cisse
I still remember the first time i saw gerrard touch a ball
He was 10 yards out from his box and he hit the ball with perfect power for it to land right in front of cisse and he smashed it in
It was in the 2005 champions league
Kakloola

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 am

As if our problems can be instantly fixed by moving or removing ONE player....................... I heard once that football was a team game, with some of the selective slating and movement of one or two players you wouldn't think it was
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:42 pm

stmichael wrote:

Sorry mate..... but with the team we have right now, that would be an absolute disaster.

We don't have a "string-puller" in midfield anymore and you want to stick Stevie out where??

We need Gerrard back in the middle and getting more involved in dictating the game. That's the only way I can see (with the team we have at the mo... seeing as Aquilani appears to be out of favour) that we will gain the forward impetus we need. Has the added benefit of Gerrard being able to play himself back to form as he wil see more of the ball instead of being isolated upfront, starved of service. With Alonso there.... Gerrard in the role of the 2nd striker or advanced midfielder is a luxury we could afford. Without someone else to do the self-same role in the heart of the midfield, Gerrard upfront is a luxury we can ILL afford.

Root cause of our ails this season, IMO.

Gerrard out wide? we'll get killed by the mid to strong clubs in the centre and we'll be starved of possession.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Rafa does not know how to use a Gerrard type player.... That's why he's shipped him all over the park in the 6 years he's been in charge... (exaggeration obviously... don't jump on me! :D ). Gerrard's dynamism means that he is not the kind of player that Rafa wants in the centre of midfield. That's why he's been converted to the role he's had now..... where, in the gaffer's eyes (IMO)..... he'll do the least amount of damage to the rhythm that Rafa likes to play at.
ConnO'var

Postby Fauxy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Good post, my thoughts exactly
Fauxy

Postby Kakloola » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:38 pm

heimdall wrote:
Kakloola wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Kakloola wrote:I don't see Gerrard doing anything major anymore

Dont get me wrong, I love the guy

He made me love Liverpool, he's the reason i love soccer

But he's gotten old

He ain't it he game as much as he used to be

He doesnt show how good his magical right foot is anymore

im sorry, but every legend has an end and i think Gerrard is reaching his

Life expectency must be really short where you come from.

F*ckin hell, the fella is only just turning 30 and that's old and cause for losing his legs? Complete bollox. A man, especially in the modern game, can be just as fit, fast, and as agile well into his 30's as he was when he was a teenager and that's a fact.

yeah i know, Reina is staying till he's 34 and Carraghar is 32 and gonna be here for around 1 or 2 more seasons

Gerrard is staying for 2 or 3 seasons
but how often do u see him make the difference, like he used too??

Almost every single game. Look a Stevie G at 50% of his usual self is still a million times better than any other offensive player we have with the obvious exception of Torres and very occasionally Benny when he plays a blinder.

i agree
but i wanna see Gerrard at 100% and i know thts coming soon
read his latest interviews
Kakloola

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:49 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Sorry mate..... but with the team we have right now, that would be an absolute disaster.

We don't have a "string-puller" in midfield anymore and you want to stick Stevie out where??

We need Gerrard back in the middle and getting more involved in dictating the game. That's the only way I can see (with the team we have at the mo... seeing as Aquilani appears to be out of favour) that we will gain the forward impetus we need. Has the added benefit of Gerrard being able to play himself back to form as he wil see more of the ball instead of being isolated upfront, starved of service. With Alonso there.... Gerrard in the role of the 2nd striker or advanced midfielder is a luxury we could afford. Without someone else to do the self-same role in the heart of the midfield, Gerrard upfront is a luxury we can ILL afford.

Root cause of our ails this season, IMO.

Gerrard out wide? we'll get killed by the mid to strong clubs in the centre and we'll be starved of possession.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Rafa does not know how to use a Gerrard type player.... That's why he's shipped him all over the park in the 6 years he's been in charge... (exaggeration obviously... don't jump on me! :D ). Gerrard's dynamism means that he is not the kind of player that Rafa wants in the centre of midfield. That's why he's been converted to the role he's had now..... where, in the gaffer's eyes (IMO)..... he'll do the least amount of damage to the rhythm that Rafa likes to play at.

Good post, mate.  Nice to see another sensible, voice of reason back posting.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion