Chelsea deserved to win!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby caz66 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:01 pm

Yeah it would have been different if Man Utd won the semis.
caz66

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Man I thought Mourinho's childish comments and antics were bad enuff now I see some of the absolute sh#te being posted on here.

Sure we are disappointed in the result but the lads were outplayed by a technically superior team - one that is 25 points ahead of us in the league might I remind you.

I was proud of our lads yesterday - and yes our captain had a stinker but good for him to come out in public, take it on the chin like a man and say lets get on with it lads.

Proud of our players coz we pushed them to limit at times despite absorbing incredible pressure from them. It was great to see some of our under achieving players step up to the plate. Dudek was superb despite having to play extra time with an injury.

Ya know this forum has just become so goddamn negative - full of old nagging women who have nothing better to do than complain. And so goddamn fickle. So goddamn fragile too. Ready to turn on their players and each other in a second.

How about some constructive criticism rather than saying stupid immature pathetic sore loser comments like Thanks Stevie G for scoring against your future club. WTF?

GROW THE HELL UP!

TAKE DEFEAT LIKE A MAN and most of all be gracious in defeat . That takes class and that takes dignity. And thats what this club is all about.

I just heard Rafa say we have the best fans in the world - so listen up some of you. Don't talk the talk about YNWA unless you wanna Walk the Walk as well!

Rafa and the lads. I for one am proud to say you gave your all. Luck was not on our side but that happens.

YNWA.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Well said St Mick
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:23 pm

I don't think you understand why I'm p1ssed off, it's not because we lost or because Gerrard scored an own goal but it's the sh1t3 Gerrard talk and that he only turned up in the first half :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:32 pm

Think we should all stop arguein and goin on about it, we shall see the outcome come May.
We are not him we dont know whats going on in his head at the moment, his hearts probably torn for the love of Liverpool he probably wants to stay and end his career with us.
But hes got a girl friend like Coleen who likes expensive things, big houses etc etc..........................

And I have heard its her who is turning his head to be earning 120 grand a week, and moving away from Liverpool.

We shall see what happens and if he stays then its perfect if he goes 30 millions also good for the good for the club.
One thing what we have been worried about how will we cope without him and the answer is perfectly fine.
The players have proved this.

My mum and dad went to watch the game with a friend of theres, they left the pub last night very drunk and the mad Liverpool fan who they had been with all day walks out the pub and got killed :(  so theres worse things in the world, you never know the minute, so its petty us arguein over what a player might or might not do.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:35 pm

thats not good............

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:39 pm

:( I know, it happened on Vauxhaul road, my mum and dad have followed Liverpool all round europe with him hes very good friends with my parents, they are devistated you can imagine. :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:49 pm

certainly puts things into perspective, with that in mind i offer my condolences............

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:05 pm

Always the way, takes something unbelieveably horrible to put perspective back into focus. Shank's "life and death" quote was great copy but not to be taken literally, it is only a game after all.
On the question of the game, I've been away with the wife and kids all week (in centre parcs of all places) but I did see it in the "sports lounge". There was no sound on and I was surrounded by a bunch of Chelski numpties so these thoughts are original, all my own and not influenced by any TV experts.
1. I didn't think it was a penalty. Not in a million years. We've been robbed a few times this season but not there. Contact yes, foul no. I didn't think it was worthy of debate until I saw that some of the guys on here think it was. Not at all for me.
2. Chelsea were the better side on the day. That's probably because they are a better side. Simple. That said, we played really well I thought but ultimately our inability to keep the ball meant we ran out of legs in the last third of the game.
3. Gerrard continued on his run of indifferent form. However to imply that because of any future plans he didn't try or deliberately conceded an own goal is just plain silly. It's a waste of time even debating the point.

In summary we did well. Rafa did well, we tried our best but just came up short. Final thought, if we'd have had John Terry or a similarly commanding centre half then we probably would have won. Bring on a really top-class player in that position as a number one priority in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:27 pm

Liverpool gave it their best yesterday but came up short against a very good Chelsea team. They dominated posession and we just couldnt get hold of the ball for long enough. Its never good to lose but I like to think that honesty and fair play are part and parcel of being a Liverpool supporter. On this occasion we have to hold our hands up and take defeat gracefully. If we had played really poorly then theres cause for complaint, but we didnt. We just got turned over by a better side. In football theres always another day and weve certainly dished out a few hidings to Chelsea over the years. No matter how frustrating it gets, its still great to support Liverpool, win, lose or draw.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Paul C wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Chelsea did deserve to win...  what game where you watching.   They where better than us all over the pitch.  We couldn't put more than 3 passes together

Lets get real guys.. the best team won on the day...  BUT we are getting better and next season the gap shouldnt be so big

What you talking about, we should have had a pen, duff/cole and drogba were diving all over the show and Gerrards OG saved their ar5e, we were in control of the game until the OG then after that the lads looked deflated  :(

Agree. I thought we had done enough to win it.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion