We wernt lucky we deserved it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:50 am

Well then it still hasnt sunk in that we are THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, and we bloody well deserved it.
That vital game agaisnt Olyimpicos 1-0 down at half time, then our unsung heros pongolle and Mellor blasting 2 goals in then probably the last atempt at goal and what a bloody great goal that was from Stevie what a hit son what a hit to quote Andy :censored: Grey  :D .

Then a few weeks later our captain who scored that vital goal had written us off saying we couldnt win the CL, but Ill forgive you as heads been a mess this season, and the best night of your life happened on the 25th of May 2005 in Ataturk lifting old big ears and bringing it home where it belongs.

But our unsung heros won us this competition, igor whos had 5 years of :censored: from us, you can suddenly forgive them 5 years of misery that night lifting that trophey all is forgiven.

Djimi Traore one of 11 children grew up with nothing only toy he had was an old football, used to go out at 8 in the morning till 11 at night just kicking that ball. Hopeing one day to be a famous footballer only in his wildest dreams would he be lifting that european cup, once again that own goal in the F.A. cup was forgotten when he kicked that ball off the line in the dying seconds in Istanbul, to see him celebrating in Istanbul and dancing on that bus in Liverpool I was absolutly over the moon for him and I really mean that, well done lad.

Thank god rafa bought Luis Garcia we probably wouldnt have won this if it wasnt for him, 5 goals in this competition for us 5 we won it without an out and out forward because of Cisse, Mellor and pongolle being out and baros totally out of form and morientes cup tied.
What a goal against Juventus absolute beauty, once again giving the ball away alot in the prem didnt matter because if it wernt for him we probably wouldnt have won it.

Now to Liverpools player of the season both in the league and the CL its our JC no not Jesus Christ but Jamie Carragher what a season this lads had, totally out of this world now all of a sudden our jamie is on europes most wanted list.
But you know he will never leave us, hes Liverpool thru and thru he loves the club as much as us fans do, against Chelsea at home well he was the best player out of the 22 men on that pitch, constantly harrassed from chelseas attack, in Istanbul cramp in 2 legs, goes off comes back on does the same tackle gets cramp again.
Johan Cruijf hailed him as his son, now thats one hell of a compliment.

We done all this without superstars worth millions our Steive missed a few games so did Xabi through injury, so when it mattered the rest of them stood up to be counted them players who us fans constanlty get sh.it from opitition fans, about them being sh.ite and we wont win nothing with them.

Well these so called sh.it players have just won us the EUROPEAN CUP not your Terrys, Lampards, Ronaldinos, Eto's, no Igor, Djimi, Jerzey they all contributed and in my eyes they are all heros.
because a man from Madrid named rafael benitez came to our great club less than a year ago, instilled belief and confidence into some of these so called average players and turned them into EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS.
Thank you lads and most of all thank you rafa you have just given me the best week of my life.

I am so proud to be a scouser and so proud of my club you have made me the happiest person on this earth this last week and I want more I never want it to stop.

YNWA.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:02 am

Nice one Lynds :D

Allmost every player that made some contribution to lift the Cup in Istanbul will be now in L'pool Hall of Fame, and they deserve it.

That excludes Kewell :angry: :laugh:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:18 am

Brilliant post cggy, it had me all emotional reading it.
Every player deserves massive credit as does Rafa. He instilled belief...but the players stepped up and more than matched Europes finest.
Now once again we can be called Europes finest.
Cant wait for chapter 2 in the Rafalution.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:19 am

This is why we are the best club in England, just watch absolutly brilliant.

http://photos.imageevent.com/dim2000....igh.wmv

http://photos.imageevent.com/dim2000....gHQ.wmv

http://tucciboy94.free.fr/liguede....ion.wmv

Enjoy  :hearts  :hearts  :hearts  :hearts
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:04 am

We got the toughest draw possible from the quarters - Juventus/Chelsea and AC are probably the three best teams in Europe. Barcalona are the only top team we didn't have to beat and we beat the guys who beat them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:09 pm

Amen to that Lyndsay!!!!!!
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:35 pm

.. lurvly Lynds.. :) true in every sense
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:05 am

fantastically passionate post as usual Cigs, straight from the heart...   love it, keep 'em comin  :bowdown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:14 am

Simply superb .......... You can keep all those eloquent articles in the media "trying" to put into words what this win means to Liverpool fans , just stick Lyns on and she will showwhat it means to support this great club :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:20 am

spot on - no-one ever won a cup without a bit of luck, but we made our own to win this - and the squad players who have improved so much this season deserve their medals just as much as the lads who played last week
neilE

Postby Viva los Reds » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:24 am

Hi all
I spend far too much of my life reading these boards but have never posted before. Just wanted to say a couple of things:
totally agree with what's been said in this thread and those three clips had me crying - again!
Cant believe no-one seems to have mentioned Riise - he's been brilliant at times this season and his cross to stevie G which resulted in our first goal last week was fantastic.

Finally - also can't believe that some people on here are wanting to cull half the team that WON US THE CUP and bring in expensive 'stars'. Not the Liverpool way and not Rafa's way either, I don't think...
Ok, I'll go back to lurking now!
Viva los Reds

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:48 pm

nice ones.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby smithp39 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:50 pm

Can't compete with the above piece, but this may make some of you smile a bit:-

From the Yorkshirefishing. net website

The reason that Liverpool suddenly got lucky was, I believe, almost entirely down to the magic fingers of the absolutely beautiful, blonde bombshell, Ayesha Frankin (think Kylie but with real personality, and a deep throaty voice).
A wonderful tour rep, for MSC cruises, who used some sort of "magic touch" whenever Liverpool had the ball in the second half.
I was watching the game on the box on the cruise liner MSC "Melody", surrounded by 400 Italians.
The Italians were 3 up and cruising themselves.
The Brits were getting very quiet, and begining to concentrate on their beers, when Ayesha tried to get my attention by rubbing my shoulder, (she is a very tactile person).... Bang !... goal number 1, well against the run of play.
Ok, and she got my attention as well. 
Believe me when someone as beautiful and friendly as this girl rubs your shoulder, at my age, hell at any age, you pay attention.   
So we chatted for a while, then the Dutch guy, Peter who I was watching with, says, "better rub that shoulder again, they are attacking.
Rubbing started, Bang 3-2 !
And again 3-3.
She had only been in the bar 15 minutes and the deficit had gone.
My shoulder is by now the centre of attention by the whole bar. That, or it was Ayesha's infectious giggle and bouncing excitement, (I mean come on these are Italian men we are with).
Ok, Penalties, Rub rub Goal, rub rub Milan penalty saved, rub rub Goal, rub etc etc
The only one Liverpool missed was when she said "I'm not rubbing your shoulder any more, my hands are dropping off" Bang ...missed. Pandemonium by the Brits.
She was by now being persuaded by all the Dutch and English, maybe 25 of us, to keep going, oh yes and by all the Juventus fans as well, (much to the dismay of the rest of the Italians).
Ok last penalty, rub, rub, and.... the rest is history !

So there you have it. The story behind the headlines.
A combination of a teams hard work, determination, skill, and Ayesha's magic touch !

Hope you enjoyed that.

Phil.
smithp39

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:02 am

Cisse dancing around the cup.

http://tucciboy94.free.fr/liguede....ion.wmv

You must download and save this one, Its brilliant our boss is full of class  :hearts  :love:
And Stevie and carra singin DER DER DER DER DER THE RING OF FIRE    :buttrock  :love:

http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0JBE9J0OP04XL39OL19I3IY6I8

And I love this pic :devil:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:38 am

lol

i knew Alonso and Gerrard were a good partnership but this is a bit far  :p

it has amazed me how many football fans (especially Everton) are jealous of us!  Bitter remarks of "you don't deserve it" and "you shouldn't be there"....oh how it has made WINNING THE EUROPEAN CUP so much more satisfying! 
:buttrock

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...CHAMPIONS OF
EUROPE!!!!!  :lookaround and i'm NEVER going to get bored of saying that!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion