We deserved to win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:27 am

Reina From Spaina wrote:
A.B. wrote:says rafa

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his pride for his players and felt Liverpool deserved to win the FIFA Club World Championship in the aftermath of the 1-0 defeat to Sao Paulo.
The Liverpool manager couldn't hide his disappointment at some of the decisions which went against his team and added his team couldn't have done any more to win the game.

"The first thing I can say is congratulations to my players and we deserved to win," Benitez commented.

"We had 21 shots and 17 corners and we hit the bar twice, we scored three goals but what can you do? We couldn't have done anymore to win.

"I am not happy with a lot of things from the game but I am very happy with my players and we did everything possible for winning. I would like to know what is a red card as Lugano should have been sent-off for the foul on Gerrard. Why did we only play three minutes of stoppage time at the end of the game as there should have been at least five minutes.

"We know the goal from Sinama-Pongolle was a clear goal. I have tried to show respect for Sao Paulo because it is a good team but we deserved to win and we controlled the game. You don't normally see a team from Brazil defending like they did."

Couldn't agree more with the man. We dominated 95 % of the game, especially in the second half. They hardly crossed the half-way line in the second half, Brazilians defending for their lives, who would had thought?

Blame it on Rafa's selection, but his selection dominated the game and should had won. The subs might have made a bigger impact earlier but we fielded a good enough side to beat Sau Paulo.

well it's obvious we didnt deserve to score as we didnt score a legitimate goal!

plus carra and hyypia didnt mark thier striker properly when he went through the middle to slot it home!

Doesnt matter how dominant you are, wasn't good enough.

top four finihs in the league is now what we can expect, and a good champions league run, although I personally dont think we will retain it. Simply because no team ever has.

You are an idiot here purely to wind people up. If you know so much about football and yesterdays game, how come you think the Brazilian punk went down the middle, when in actual fact he went in between Hyypia and Warnock - not JC?

And what's this b*llocks about "no team ever has" retained the CL/Euro cup!?!

You nob-rot.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 am

Reina From Spaina wrote:Doesnt matter how dominant you are, wasn't good enough.

top four finihs in the league is now what we can expect, and a good champions league run, although I personally dont think we will retain it. Simply because no team ever has.

Wow you really are stupid. We won't win the champions league becuase no team ever won it back to back?

Even if that were true, that is not a reason for it not happening you idiot. More like the quality opposition we have to come up against.

Look at our next game against Benefica (could be wrong but), I think they won 2 in a row, 61,62.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:49 am

Many teams have retained the European Cup.

True, not in the new format, but (like the Premiership) the "Champions League" is considered to be a direct continuation of the pre-1992 format.

Link
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:57 am

We won it in 77 and 78.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby .SPFC.MKTZ » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:01 am

Don't stop crying!!
Against Benfica the history is gonna be the same! :D :D :D
Hipocrisy is big here...u saying Sao Paulo is a poor team...i'm so sorry about that!
I wonder if Liverpool had just english players...the game would be very easy!
You have to admit:

BRAZILIAN PLAYERS >>>>>>>> ENGLISH PLAYERS

Next time, get more information about the brazilian teams...you have a very poor football culture...i mean..you just have a knowledge about european teams..nothing else
.SPFC.MKTZ

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:06 am

.SPFC.MKTZ wrote:Don't stop crying!!
Hipocrisy is big here...u saying Sao Paulo is a poor team...i'm so sorry about that!
You have to admit:

Next time, get more information about the brazilian teams...you have a very poor football culture...i mean..you just have a knowledge about european teams..nothing else

And you have an unrivalled ability to talk out of your ar*e.
Well done.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:10 am

Against Benfica the history is gonna be the same!

Please jump off a bridge and rid yourself of your stupidity.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby .SPFC.MKTZ » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:12 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
.SPFC.MKTZ wrote:Don't stop crying!!
You have to admit:

And you have an unrivalled ability to talk out of your ar*e.
Well done.

:rasp  :rasp  :rasp

Bye ladies!!

BENFICA FOREVER! HAHA
.SPFC.MKTZ

Postby GunGod » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:15 am

.SPFC.MKTZ wrote:Next time, get more information about the brazilian teams...you have a very poor football culture...i mean..you just have a knowledge about european teams..nothing else

You getting carried away here.

Indeed people here might know more about European teams then Brazilian ones. Then again, what do you expect from Europeans?  ???

The Brazilian league would warrant more attention if it weren't that violent and corrupted with match fixing. Furtheremore, if only the Brazilian players would stay at their own domestic leagues instead of always looking for greener European pastures then probably the whole world would be more interested in Brazilian soccer. Almost the entire Brazilian national first 11 play in Euorpean teams - Dida, Cafu, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Carlos, Emerson, Gilberto, Adriano, Robinho etc etc.

I don't know which team you support (Benfica or Sao Paulo perhaps?) but the Brazilian league would do well to get itself in order before its fans ask for more attention to its teams.
GunGod

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:39 am

SPFC.MKTZ, I firmly believe that we deserved to win [statistics say it all] however it is OUR fault that we didn't. I am not blaming the referee or the way you defended, it came simply down to us and a little bit of bad luck.

3 goals disallowed summs up the game we had. The decisions were legimitate but it shows how frustrated and unlucky we were. We also hit the post a couple of times so we didn't have the best of time at the final third of the pitch. But hats off to you, you did what you had to do to win what is an important trophy to you.

We have plenty of competitions to compete in and thats why this has yet to mean anything to us.

I don't appreciate the ''Benfica will beat you,etc...'' comments just like you didn't appreciate certain comments about your beloved team. European competitions are very different.

Champions League is very important to us and our manager knows it very well. Playing 2 games against one team is not the same as playing 1 game against one team in this tournament. There's different circumstances and we have experience when it comes to that competition.

We've gone to Juve's and Chelsea's ground and gotten the results we neeed in Europe. It shows what kind of team we are in that competition and how focused we are. The atmosphere at Anfield, you'll never see anywhere else. It made a difference against all of the teams we played last season, especially Chelsea. Chelsea players after the game were shellshocked, they didn't believe prior to the game that our crowd could make such a difference. Nor did the Juventus players for that matter.

Benfica aren't an easy team [and because you're Portugese you're cheering them on, so I understand that] however CL is not something new to us, and Benfica isn't the best thing since the slice of bread but we will take them seriously as all others.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:44 am

C'mon guys - this guy's as much a Sao Paulo supporter as I am.
:rasp  :rasp  :rasp

Bye ladies!!

BENFICA FOREVER! HAHA

Don't waste your energy...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:52 am

We did everything to win the game, 3 goals ruled out, the last was NOT offside, but those are the breaks i guess. If we had been winning one nil, and Sao Paolo had done what we did, then we would be gloating, although breathing a sigh of relief. We were magnificent yesterday, and i dont feel the boys of lfc have let anyone down. Even Kewell played well, and thats saying something coming from me :D

lets get on with the next hurdle, theres always next year, so, Bring on Newcastle and lets rout them :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:12 am

Judge wrote:Bring on Newcastle and lets rout them :)

And let's hope Shearer and Owen go for the same ball, start arguing then have a punch-up.

Just for a laugh
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:13 am

kazza wrote:
Judge wrote:Bring on Newcastle and lets rout them :)

And let's hope Shearer and Owen go for the same ball, start arguing then have a punch-up.

Just for a laugh

if bowyer plays, theres always the chance of that happening  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:13 pm

Sabre wrote:I agree the Gaffer. He makes sense even in the deepest sorrow. Animo Rafa!!!!!!

what's animo mate?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion