No duff?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby haps » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:32 pm

Just seen the Chelski team for tomorrow night against Barca.  Gallas is ok but no Duff.  Couldn't hear what the sky news bloke was saying about him but if he's out for Sunday, that means they're without their two best creative players, Robben and Duff .... and the source of most goals.  Anyone hear anything else?
haps

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:36 pm

it was a bonus having robben out but havin duff out 2 would be class
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:58 pm

:glare: Drogbas fit aswell :glare:

Duff ruled out of Barcelona clash 

Chelsea's Damien Duff has been ruled out of Wednesday's Champions League clash with Barcelona at the Nou Camp.
Duff sustained a knee injury in the FA Cup defeat at Newcastle and manager Jose Mourinho said: "He cannot run. His injury is very painful, so he is out."

But Mourinho has revealed defender Willian Gallas and striker Didier Drogba will be in the starting line-up.

The Blues boss took the unusual step of naming his side a day before the match, with Jole Cole named in midfield.

Time for Joe Cole to show his worth, he'll never get a better chance than this

Mourinho said: "We have one more session but I think Drogba will play, and Gallas will play.

"Drogba trained on Monday with no problems and will do the same on Tuesday. Gallas feels he can play and wants to play. We are protecting him still but he will be okay to play."

Drogba, Chelsea's £24m striker, has missed the last three weeks through injury.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:08 am

He played for 70 minutes last night
FrankM

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:13 am

i only came in this thread because i thought it was about the simpsons and mo's tavern running dry  :D
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:14 am

i am really starting to hate chelsea, i really hope we beat them on sunday. id actually like it if mancs won the league nstead of them. Everyone says mourinho is a nice guy, but as soon as he loses a couple of games he cries, refuses to talk to the media and turns into a t*t.
Okay, the Drogba thing was harsh, but Drogba had been running around like a wild man for the entire first half.
Now lets look at shots on target for Chelski in the Barca match...none... not a single one. and only 2 shots off target...lol

Refusing to talk to the media after? Saying Duff wasnt fit when he knew all along that duff would play. I just cant stand Chelski. add all of the suppoters that have miraculously appeared from nowhere and i would love it if they won nothing. We just have to beat them on sunday now and i'll wear my happy bunny ears.
rant over
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:30 am

Cant stand that arrogant git Drogba either he thinks hes god :glare: , they havent scored since they lost Robben, and Drogba will miss the game against Barca in 2 weeks time, with them only playing defensive football 1-0s nearly all season, they are going to find it very hard to score 2 goals in 2 weeks.
How good was that Maxi Lopez ???
Dont know how they are going to react on sunday now beaten twice in there last 2 games ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:03 pm

i think we'll beat chelsea, days more rest, they have to travel, their confidence low etc.

I'd like to win but am not that bothered about this competition, 4th is most important thing, second leg in Germany is next important.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:( id actually like it if mancs won the league nstead of them. )

No
FrankM

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion