Duff for sale?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:14 pm

If he is for sale do you think we should buy him? I think so but wot would that mean for kewell they could both compete for places but id think duff would win the majority of the battles for first team chances but having said that duff is class but is very injury prone! if we could get him for around 8 mil surely got to get him would be a bargain and im sure he would come as he was a youngster a reds fan
gerrard_steven

Postby anchor man » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:18 pm

He should ave come to anfield a yr ago.
He had a couple of great seasons with blackburn with no injury probs, if he is excess to pland at the bridge i think he would be a great buy.
anchor man

Postby Scottbot » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:28 pm

I'm a big fan of Duff. When he is on top of his game he scares the hell out of defenders the way Giggs did a few seasons back. However, i would not risk buying a player with his injury record, even at a knock down price. Rafa claims Garcia can play right or left so we have cover for Kewell and the boss seems to have some confidence in young Warnock.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:40 pm

have we just been given a load of cash, does anybody no how much cash we have, the word is benitez wants mista to rotate with cisse and baros, i dont think we have the money for duff at the moment but it looks like steve morgan will invest in the club soon.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:08 pm

Houllier made a big mistake in 2002 by spending big money on Cheyrou, Diouf and Diao when all heneeded was Duff to add another attacking dimension to a good team that had jusn't finished second. 

If Duff becomes available I reckon we should make a move for him.  Even though he plays mostly on the left hand side, remember he tore the Spain defence apart when put on the right hand side during the last world cup.  He can also play up front or in the hole behind the front two.

The important thing with Duff is to keep him fit.  He needs a run of games to get his confidence up.  With the squad available at Chelsea he'll always be in and out of the side.  But when Duff is playing with confidence he is brilliant.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:17 pm

i was at the ireland game against bulgaria last week and duff was class in the first half. he excites the crowd every time. this is due to his unpredictability which is rare in players. he'd be a great buy nd a bargain. However, kewell has a lot to prove and i think he's the most technically gifted player we have bar none and i hope rafa will bring out the best in him. i dont think rafa willl buy duff as he just bought 2 new wingers.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:54 pm

It is really waste of time to talk about Duff, that we should get him.

There is no point to buy Duff and we don't need him, so we have Harry Kewell on the left and with Luis Garcia being both footed he can also play wide left and wide right too.....we do not need that Russian b@stard reject!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:28 am

Duff is no reject.If Mourinho doesnt like him than he is an idiot.Duff at anything less than 20million is a bargain and he would join us like a shot.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:02 am

Quote (Sean @ Aug. 22 2004,20:08)
Houllier made a big mistake in 2002 by spending big money on Cheyrou, Diouf and Diao when all heneeded was Duff to add another attacking dimension to a good team that had jusn't finished second.

Sean, How can you say that investing some 4.5 million quid on an unknown who plays with a white pair of boots is a "big mistake" when this unknown who plays with a white pair of boots is "the next Zidane"? (lol).

Sorry Sean, just taking the mickey - I can't resist when Cheyrou is mentioned!

I think Duff is class and he is certainly more consistent for both Balckburn and Chelski than Kewell has been for us. But, I don't see the left winger/midfielder position as being that critical. I believe Kewell will come good again, and that he is naturally better than Duff - only thing is how his ankle will stand up to the rigours og the EPL on a medium to long term basis.

If I am not mistaken, Warnock is also left sided. We should get Duff if we can ship off Kewell at a very good price.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:05 pm

I'd take Duff over Kewell any day of the week ..... thing that frustrates my most about Kewell is when he played for Leeds - he was fantastic (well in their semi-final Champs League year) .. then signed for us but has yet to hit any type of real form ...
Yet he claims that when playing for O'Leary at Leeds he "couldn't understand a thing the manger was saying" and that " playing for Houlier was fantastic becuase it's great to have a manager you can understand and who understands you" ...

... figure that out ......... answers on a Postcard to Blue Peter's usual address .....
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:08 pm

bring back bernarde diomede. he's a french world cup winner you know! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:12 pm

We should just get Duff as many of you said and play him and Kewell all on the left flank. Forget about the right midfield since the position is cursed and only Finnan can play there without getting injured. We can concentrate on attacking from the left side only.:p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:16 pm

Duff is a russian's sh1t.

What about Frode Kippe, Jean Michelle Ferri, and Sean Dundee?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:32 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:Duff is a russian's sh1t.

What about Frode Kippe, Jean Michelle Ferri, and Sean Dundee?

Sean Dundee used to be a star...........

in Premier Manager 1997
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:00 pm

I don't think duff is wanted at chelsea, and if he becomes available, we should sign him up even if it cost us 10 million.

This way, we can rotate among Baros, Cisse & Kewell for the 2 striker position. We need as many good players as we can get if we are to do well in league & champions cup.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion