Benitez slams liverpool flops - Fighting for their futures

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby butteredmonkey » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Fair play to Raffa giving the players a rocket.  He's been diplomatic and it hasn't improved things; to be honest I can see big changes before next season.  The likes of Kewell, Biscan, Traore, Smicer, Finnan, Mellor, Dudek etc may find themselves being used to generate some extra finance for the club.  May sound extreme but I think he'll also be looking for a centre back now that Sami is not the spring chicken that he used to be - that's not to say that as a critisism cos to me he's been one of the best buys in a long time. 

Got faith in Raffa in the transfer market too, I feel Garcia will come good and Alonso is going to be fantastic...........we need some WIDTH though!  Thank Christ Houllier isn't buying for us anymore, that guy would buy players and either play them out of position or destroy their confidence.  You can't get a team to play round one player, i.e Owen - great player but everyone played round him trying to give him a slide rule ball all the time. No wonder 'Manure' fans called him 'Secret agent Houllier'! 

As for a player like Diouf there is someone who doesn't deserve to put the red shirt on.  The sooner we get rid of him and stop paying his wages the better.

:kungfu:
butteredmonkey

Postby simic_ie » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:35 pm

To be honest I'd be surprised to see Stevie Finnan go at the end of the season unless Rafa has a top class RB on the way. Stevie's been one of the better and most consistant players at the club this season
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby butteredmonkey » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:12 pm

Mate I like Steve Finnan and I think he has proved Raffa wrong as I'm sure at the start of this season he said he didn't figure in his plans. He is aplayer who wants to play and give 100% - is this because of Raffa's little chat with him (reverse psychology so he'd try harder to prove him wrong?).  At the end of this season though I think he (Raffa) is going to be ruthless injuries permitting and send a message out to his players, fans and the board that he's Boss, wants results and won't settle for anything less then total commitment. 

Just hope we can roll the Chelsea Rent Boys over in little over a weeks time (trying to get a ticket).  Be nice to have some silverware back in the cabinet again................give something for the youngsters to polish!!!!

butteredmonkey

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:35 pm

Rafa said he could have signed more players but he also said the players that he interviewed only wanted to know about the wages first so he said adios, which i think sets the standard of the man in my book cos he only wants those who want to play for the club first. :;):
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:38 pm

mistyred wrote:Rafa said he could have signed more players but he also said the players that he interviewed only wanted to know about the wages first so he said adios, which i think sets the standard of the man in my book cos he only wants those who want to play for the club first. :;):

:cool: Nice one like the man himself said hes not here for the wages either.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:39 pm

??? I doubt very much Finnan will be in the pecking order hes been one of our better players this season, why say Steve Finnan? Alot more will be gone before him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:54 pm

So Stevie G wants to really play for us..no strings...love the club...?
Am so glad his younger brother is in the reserves for Everton!!
Steve G is holding Liverpool to ransom. He hints he would like to be linked back with Owen.
Sod him for gods sake!!

Xabi Alonso is more than better than SG at playing the subtle forward passes from midfield. With £50 million at Rafa's disposal, he will definitely find a suitable replacement. Morientes is a player Owen hopes to become. Morientes never demanded to be played or else I leave...He is not a player who puts himself above his club, he just wants to play football.

I am fed up with Gerrard, I am fed up with Owen.
gabbyh

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:59 pm

Gabby its Stevies cousin who plays for everton and hes swore never to become a red said he would rather die :D
Morientes took a pay cut to come to us aswell proves what hes here for to play football and not rot on the reserve bench.
There may have been a method in Owens madness, encouraging Morientes to come to us as I am sure he would love to play upfront with him at Liverpool, and at the same time get him out of Real that he would e lower down the pecking order.
He may get his chance to start for Madrid now Ronaldos hurt his toe on a romantic night in Paris with his GF :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Glad rafa said it ..... even more so in public. Was starting to think rafa was one of those soft managers (like roy evans).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby butteredmonkey » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Just a gut feeling that Finnan may be on the ol' list to go, we'll see.  Don't know who I want to win later on though...............niether. Gutted that we're not in still.

butteredmonkey

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:29 pm

would be a huge mistake letting finnan go.... He is one of premiership's best right-backs on current form.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion