Benitez slams liverpool flops - Fighting for their futures

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:30 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Only joking... hope everything heels ok. :D

yeh me too, but their will probably be a lump on my shoulder
:(  i broke my collar bone yesterday

but back to soccer, i think RB should give something emotional as a speech to give the lads a shot to see what we are still fighting for before the game this weekend against bayar
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:10 pm

I also think Rafa is realising that the honeymoon period is over and with things the way they are off the pitch he needs to get as tough and ruthless as he can to get the best out of Liverpool.

Hopefully we'll see a new more determined Liverpool in the Summer when all the journeymen have moved on.. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm

it a bit to late for RB to start saying it now it needed to be a long time ago
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:48 pm

for him to go public with remarks usually kept behind closed doors shows me benitez is letting the fans know that he wont tolerate underachievers and maybe he feels that the players aren`t responding to words in private, for a new manager to adopt these tactics is a bold step - he could easily lose the dressing room with this approach. but it also shows that he couldnt give a rubber duck who he offends amongst the playing staff.
this is a my way or the highway type of message.
rafa is class in my opinion, and i wasn`t a fan when he was first appointed in fact i`d had enough of foriegn coaches but his conduct since he`s been appointed had been excellent imo. i`ve been watching this game long enough to know you cant turn things round overnight, but you can move in the right direction and in my opinion we are.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 pm

for him to go public with remarks usually kept behind closed doors shows me benitez is letting the fans know that he wont tolerate underachievers

nor do we Rafa you better start to get it right then
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:38 pm

G'wan Rafa! He's tried the carrot, and now it's time for the stick and I hope it's paddle shaped because those players deserve it. A bit of rest now will do them the world of good and some hard drilling in training sessions wouldn't go amiss either.

Viva La Rafa-lution!

:cool: :angry: :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:29 pm

Lakes get your head out of your ar$e. I've tried debating this matter with you countless times but you're too stubborn or too stupid to understand it.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:19 am

Respects to the boss.. just read this on LFC.tv site.. reassuring and blistering...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:36 am

Raffa's hit on an important word in the scathing and honest assessment of his team.....consistency ???

You really wonder which Liverpool team are going to turn up these days ???

It won't be the shock of the season if we go and win the Carling Cup in 10 days or so.

Seems to me that too many players don't want to know away from home and 10 defeats this season already is a shocking indictment :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:10 am

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:40 am

about time people got tough with these little puffs and told whats going on and what it means to put the red jersey on
109-1105722616

Postby azriahmad » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:57 am

It's about time!
Rafa had never complained about his charges, always defended them and saying that whatever mistakes is part and parcel of the game, we must cut it out the next time, etc. etc. These bunch (with the exception of a very select few) of w@nkers play mostly without much passion or effort and seem to expect the results to come our way.

Look at our neighbours and the players must learn a few good things about team spirit and endeavour and should realise what can be achieved with a bit more heart and effort. We fans keep saying to ourselves that "our players are better than Everton's players" but if these same group of players keeps on shying away from commitment in their application, we will never get the required results, regardless of what happens to Everton.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:28 am

Saw it yesterday and it surprised me as probably used to the fact that Houllier would never have said something like this.

'Bout bloody time Rafa said this and as said by others - what most of the fans are thinking.

Bit ironic though - Rafa says that he came to Anfield to win things (thats ok), Stevie says he wants to win things (oh no means he's off). I think Rafa is a very shrewd man, and is saying the sort of things to keep Stevie at Anfield also.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:29 am

I think he will get rid of Traore, Biscan and Dudek. And maybe Kewell? But who ever he buys in the future has to want to play for Liverpool and be proud to wear the jersey im sick of all these players saying oh I supported Liverpool when I was a kid Its an honour etc etc, well bloody prove it then :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:37 am

I agree, we have too many average and players, I think we need to get rid of the likes of Diao, Diouf, Traore, Biscan, Mellor, Cheyrou, etc.

To be fair this is Rafa's first season and he has had non stop injuries, inherited a poor squad and not had too much money.

Roll on next season!
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion