Diao against everton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:36 pm

When I seen the team sheet I rang me mum and said oh my god Diaos playin we are gona get beat, But to be fair he was one of the better players on the pitch, the evertonians stopped stevie from playing by screaming at him doing obsene jestures every time he went to take a corner, it put him off, singing f#ck off to chelsea, and stevie is a w@nker he will hear these chants where as our forigners wont, it was a bogged down game it was awful, it was to early, just after the high of beating the greeks, really bad timing.
But Diao was not the worst player on that pitch Josemi p#ssed me off more :glare: and Kirkland.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:36 pm

Diao gave us nothing. He did however give Everton alot of free kicks and me a heart attack every time the ball was within 10 feet of him. He's a liability.

He chases the ball all the time instead of using his head, has poor positional play, uncontrolled aggression, poor timing of tackles, poor movement and a poor brain. He's not good enough for this club. Alonso is a far better player.

We controlled the game, Diao played to his abilities and wasn't totally shocking but the fact is Alonso could have gave us a player who can pass the ball and put a foot on it with a cool head and eye for a pass. Finnan and Alonso should have both started. We should have then played a technical game against Everton as we've shown we can now technically match Arsenal.

So if we're that good technically, why try and battle with a team thats second because they're one of the best battling sides in the league. Alonso and Finnan would have made that a different game and we'd have had a better chance of winning with those players in.

You play to your strengths, and they play to theres. If you have differring styles as we do, then the ones that take the shitbag option will normally come out with egg on there face.

Rafa made a poor decision. It happens, get over it.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:42 pm

We missed Baros that day no doubt about it and in future we need 2 upfront, look how well Mellor and baros link up I know Baros was p#ssed off at Mellor for not giving him the ball, and he could have got a shot on that will come with experience against the toon, dont forget mellor was practicly a lone striker that day pongolle has never played in a derby, and going to goodison is nearly as hostile as going to old tw@tford.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:44 pm

any fool can see that mellor is not capable of leading the line on his own. against everton, baros wasn't fully fit, which made rafa's decision to play sinama as a right winger even more baffling.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:45 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Diao gave us nothing. He did however give Everton alot of free kicks and me a heart attack every time the ball was within 10 feet of him. He's a liability.

He chases the ball all the time instead of using his head, has poor positional play, uncontrolled aggression, poor timing of tackles, poor movement and a poor brain. He's not good enough for this club. Alonso is a far better player.

We controlled the game, Diao played to his abilities and wasn't totally shocking but the fact is Alonso could have gave us a player who can pass the ball and put a foot on it with a cool head and eye for a pass. Finnan and Alonso should have both started. We should have then played a technical game against Everton as we've shown we can now technically match Arsenal.

So if we're that good technically, why try and battle with a team thats second because they're one of the best battling sides in the league. Alonso and Finnan would have made that a different game and we'd have had a better chance of winning with those players in.

You play to your strengths, and they play to theres. If you have differring styles as we do, then the ones that take the shitbag option will normally come out with egg on there face.

Rafa made a poor decision. It happens, get over it.

Stu Everton have been stifling everyones technical ability all season, thats why they're third. their first home game they were terrible against arsenal but that was a one off. everyone else, Chelsea included, they have more than matched them playing the way they do. Alonso would have done no better in that game.  when you harry a player like Alonso all game he cant do what he's good at. then its like playing against 10 as he's been cancelled out.

i think you're being a touch harsh on Diao in that game. original perceptions of him seem to have clouded judgement on the way he played that day.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:47 pm

stmichael wrote:any fool can see that mellor is not capable of leading the line on his own. against everton, baros wasn't fully fit, which made rafa's decision to play sinama as a right winger even more baffling.

As I said Mellor needs to be brought on as a sub in my opinion, we didnt have resources that day, everton where up for that game, and when you talk about throwing people into the fire Rafa did that day by playing Mellor and Pongolle, but Rafa has to learn aswell, not just the players hes left with who have never experinced a derby.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:52 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Rafa has to learn aswell

Under Benitez the basics of good football are being instilled into the players. It will take time for that to become a fully-formed realization. Transitional seasons, and this is one, given the problems Rafa inherited, are supposed to be difficult and patchy. Houllier was the same when he tried to eradicate the problems he inherited. His first season was poor. Then we gradually improved, before it all clicked into place in 2000/01. If Houllier, who was a very fine but, as we saw, ultimately flawed manager, can do as much as he did, then Benitez, with his more impressive CV, should surely be able to do more? But it will take time.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:56 pm

You can look for blame somewhere and the blame I give to is Gerard Houllier, I had to see him and listen to him comentate on that game and it p#ssed me off no end :angry: .
For him to buy the players he did how many are still at our club?
Vignall wrangers ffs :angry: ,cheyrou gone the new zidane yer right, Diouf the spitting b@stard lama, Diarra is doing great in france, Le Tallec also gone.
Them players are from the top of my head, he made Igor become a laughing stock playing him out of position, we all hated Djimi with avengance look at him now?
Ok not the best player in the world but a damn site better than what we seen from him.
Getting rid of Anelka for Diouf :angry: that one really p#sses me off because he was only going to buy Diao from senegal and they said look we have this player 10 mill hes yours so he bought them 2 :down: knowing quite well at there age if they where of any sort of class wouldnt arsenal or the scum buy them?
Im on a rant now Ill stop, but in all honesty you cannot blame Diao that he is at anfield you have to blame the manager that brought him to us.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:01 pm

full of christmas cheer i see then lynds! :D you let it all out girl :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:02 pm

£5m. 5. Million.

We're currently struggling to scratch together that much to land Morientes. Puts the failings of the previous regime into perspective, doesn't it?

For me, Diao got a look against Everton because he's either got to get good very quickly or else pack his bags. He didn't stink the pitch out, but neither did he set it on fire.

Rash prediction: Harry Redknapp will land him for peanuts in January.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:18 pm

These things are true when we got Diouf we didnt know one thing about him, but Houllier was only interested in Diao, because he had a good world cup run, there was no scouts after him, but there was no scouts after Diao either, the players that Arsene and Fergie want to sign we should also be after them, im not including chelsea here im talking a few years back.
Diao or Diouf did not once say there are a few teams interested in me nor did there agents if they ever had one?
They played well in the world cup 2002 but greece played fantastic in euro 2004, have any major team reqierd there services I dont think so.
Who where our scouts BTW I havent got a clue, who ever they where they got a really good pay off and should have been sacked actually.
I mean come on has anyone seen the arsenal kids? They where scouted by wenger they are his new first team once he gives them a chance they will be in the prem in no time, whats gone wrong at our club?
Houllier neglect for 5 years?
He didnt go near the academy shipped Mellor out to the Hammers, bet he was going crazy he scored against the greeks and Arsenal, im sorry but im in an anti houllier mood gona stop ok otherwise this post will go on and on
:D
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:27 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I mean come on has anyone seen the arsenal kids? They where scouted by wenger they are his new first team once he gives them a chance they will be in the prem in no time, whats gone wrong at our club?

yeah but how many are english? at least we are producing homegrown talent even if our contacts and scouting system abroad leaves a lot to be desired.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:31 pm

True stmick only time will tell I suppose hey :)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:39 pm

Look what happens to our youth anyway :) St Mick gone and this fella in the corner callin the shots at LFC now :)
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:16 am

that was a great day in my heart *tear*
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion