Everton's "cup final" approaches - Will we beat everton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:25 pm

Thanx Santa job well done :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:26 pm

Just look at the irony. everyting that could go wrong is going wrong for us. And everything that could go right is going right for the blue muther *******.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:36 pm

5th_Hokage wrote:Agree that Kirkland is terrible. How many decent saves had he made for the whole of this season? Dudek is not world class but definitely better than Kirkland now. Why is Finnan not in the match? He is way above Josemi IMO. What is Diao doing in the team?? Has to be the worst team selection this season.

Diao wasput in because he is a more physical player than Alonso, though Diao should have been subbed out as aroun the 70th minute not the 85th
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:40 pm

you's are talking rubbish, stop being so negative, just cause u lose doesn't mean we were ****** today, and i thought we played reasonably well and if you had of opened your brain, you wouuld realised traore was brought on to go in at left back to fill riise's position so he could go forward but to be honest traore needs to be gone, and i hope benitez gets rid and diao, abit strange, considering alonso was on the bench
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:07 pm

I know how everyone has a tendency to start slagging off the players after a loss and begging for their sainthood after a win, but I simply think we didn't come into the game with the right plan.  Some players haven't been playing well, but this was the truth. 

I'll give you the bad news first so the good news will cheer you up !

Negatives:
Benitez looked disorganized, from the sub gone wrong to playing Diao instead of Alonso.  Can't see this happening to much more often though.

I have yet to see a decent save all season from Kirkland all season.  Even Cahill's header which went wide Kirkland just threw up his hands like he was trying to scare him or something....??? I keep waiting for him to kick it into gear, but i guess we can't have more than one reawakening at a time (see positives, Kewell)

Josemi is looking out of place and i can see him getting a few more red cards by the seasons end.  Every game he lashes out in rash challenges.

Diao has to go simple as that.  He worked for the team, but lacks the quality that Alonso posseses.

Positives:
Kewell is starting to look half decent again.  He took shots, set up crosses, beat the defence down the wing.  His game wasn't perfect though such as when he had the ball in the box but instead of dumping it off opr shoting he stopped, and tried to beat the defender on his own.

Team looks sharp, and was only beaten by Everton's trademark scrappy play which combined with Kirkland's lack of experience was lethal.

Good times ahead, we play West Bromwich next week, though i don't see this game as a given in any respects I can see us restoring our confidence in this game.  A game like this should give Kirkland the freedom and able him to relax and have the type of game that Dudek had against Tottenham had.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:13 pm

Im not posting on todays game any more im on a right downer.
Just wait for tuesday now whats done is done, cant change it :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:20 pm

L-type wrote:INegatives:
Benitez looked disorganized, from the sub gone wrong to ....

...  The confusion over the mellor susbstitution coincided with the Boss realising that Pogolle was struggling... so he changed his mind.. OK  ???

Dudek in goal... Dudek in goal .. pleeze senor
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion