Found this everton article but read on.... - Houllier for everton?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:29 am

My sleeping schedule is all wrong at the moment due to the New Year partying and the fact I have been absent from work ill all week and sleeping whenever I feel like it really, so excuse the time I'm posting this.

I have been snooping around the internet trying to find out as much as I can about Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier's doomed management regime as I can.  I've decided to just buy Roy Evans' book on Monday.

How I stumbled across this I don't know.

Click here and read the top line of the third paragraph.

*******Don't bother reading the article, there's nothing else, I've checked*******

I didn't know Everton were linked with Gerard Houllier for the manager's job?  Anyone shed any light on this? 

I know when we approached Houllier it was July 1998 wasn't it after France '98 and Houllier nearly joined Celtic until Peter Robinson snatched him....

It could have all been different couldn't it? 

Immaterial now I know, but I thought you all might be interested in reading something else other than Gerrard, Morientes, Anelka and video technology.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:36 am

Also from another website I found check this picture out.
jonnymac1979

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:44 am

my thinking is that houllier will do a good job at a small club like the blue sh1ts.... His defensive approach to games will work wonders there........

Another thing, the blue sh1ts would also be bankrupted by now at the end of houlliers' 5 yr tenure (actually 6 years).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:54 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:My sleeping schedule is all wrong at the moment due to the New Year partying and the fact I have been absent from work ill all week and sleeping whenever I feel like it really, so excuse the time I'm posting this.

I have been snooping around the internet trying to find out as much as I can about Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier's doomed management regime as I can.  I've decided to just buy Roy Evans' book on Monday.

Let me know what's the name of book of Roy Evans, Johnny.

Cos I am interested too, mate.

Cheers Johnny
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:24 pm

I thought this was funny:

B  ehind the scenes moves are underway to introduce some controversial new words to the ever expanding Oxford English Dictionary (OED).

Nothing new in that you may say but these words have their roots in the world of football and their acceptance into the august volumes of the OED are surely proof positive that the beautiful game has finally been accepted in the corridors of power.

We have been given a privileged preview of some of the much loved words that have found their way into the next volume and we are pleased to be able to let our readers have a sneaky peak too.

allardycian adj a person who just kind of looks all wrong.

chelski n 1 a gloating lottery winner of the most odious kind. 2 a vulgar person with no friends.

cheyrou (shay-roo) n a mythical white-footed land creature once believed to have inhabited parts of north-west England.

diouf (joof) n derived from the adjective duff: 1 useless, overpriced. vb 2 to petulantly direct a gobbitt of spittle towards innocent bystanders.

ellandroad n  send someone to ellandroad to punish someone by sending them to a miserable place.

fergusonic adj a noise directed at referees, very much like the sound made by a broken set of bagpipes being squeezed through a puddle of muddy water, often accompanied by threatening facial contortions.

heskey n a large and voluminous structure giving the appearance of strength and solidity but one that nonetheless falls over in the most gentle of breezes.

huckerby n a person regularly promoted to a position way above his capabilities before being summarily demoted to a position he is too good to occupy: Brian Deane, Dave Bassett, Wales, and Peter Mandelson are all good examples of huckerbys.

kirkland vb to deliver to oneself a career threatening injury whilst performing a seemingly innocuous task: I kirklanded my left elbow opening the toothpaste this morning and now I can't walk.

Moyesian adj 1 of or pertaining to David Moyes. 2 denoting poverty, distress and madness: see also Dickensian.

nistelrooy (nistel roy) n a complicated manoeuvre involving a triple somersault with twist and tucked pike used in sport by international divers.

svengoran (sven yuran) adj Swedish origin. Present at every football match in the country at the same time.

tottenham vb to totter on the verge of being almost as good as mediocre only to fall back into abject awfulness at the first hint of difficulty: Tim Henman tottenhamed in a typical performance at this year's Olympic Games.

wenger (venga) vb 1  to miss seeing something so blindingly obvious that everyone else saw it. 2  to see something so obscure that nobody else saw it.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:50 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:My sleeping schedule is all wrong at the moment due to the New Year partying and the fact I have been absent from work ill all week and sleeping whenever I feel like it really, so excuse the time I'm posting this.

Cheers Johnny

The book's called "Ghost on the Wall..."

Sounds like its worth getting.. a review by someone on here wud be a good idea...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:57 pm

Priceless :D :D :D

i really have to go and buy it  ,  thanks Paul C
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:02 pm

zarababe wrote:
Stan Laurel wrote:

Cheers Johnny

Sounds like its worth getting.. a review by someone on here wud be a good idea...

Thanks Zarababe
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:57 pm

How I stumbled across this I don't know.

Click here and read the top line of the third paragraph.

*******Don't bother reading the article, there's nothing else, I've checked*******

I didn't know Everton were linked with Gerard Houllier for the manager's job?  Anyone shed any light on this? 

I know when we approached Houllier it was July 1998 wasn't it after France '98 and Houllier nearly joined Celtic until Peter Robinson snatched him....

It could have all been different couldn't it? 

Immaterial now I know, but I thought you all might be interested in reading something else other than Gerrard, Morientes, Anelka and video technology.

I remember there was speculation linking him to Southampton, Sheff Wed and Celtic prior to him coming to us, Johnny, although I don't remember anything about him being linked with Everton.

I also heard that Liverpool considered him in 1991 and 1994.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:17 pm

Wow, didn't know we considered GH between 91 an 92 ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:41 am

Apparently he was in the frame when Daglish left (allegedly  ??? ) and again when Souness was sacked.

The story goes that the club had him on the shortlist to replace Daglish back in 1991.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:44 pm

Paul C wrote:cheyrou (shay-roo) a mythical white-footed land creature once believed to have inhabited parts of north-west England.

really? must have missed that  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:03 pm

zarababe wrote:
Stan Laurel wrote:

Cheers Johnny

It got slated in four four two magazine

Slated for its Evans style aproach not to openly criticise anybody. Houllier gets some comments but the reviwere basically got fed up with the middle of the road style.

I like Evans but maybe thats the problem he's just a likeable guy and not the controversial type.

Alan Kennedys book got better reviews but I imagine Barney definitely got help writing it  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:34 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I didn't know Everton were linked with Gerard Houllier for the manager's job?

at this current time, can i say that i think gerard houllier would be an outstanding manager for everton football club. :D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion