Diao against everton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redman25 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:56 pm

I dont really like to use the scums ****** as an example but do you think they would of dropped Scholes in the manchester derby?  Of course not you play your strongest 11
redman25

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:59 pm

redman25 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:That I know, but imagine the worst case senario Diao in midfield for months cause our 2 best midfielders are injured ???

yeah but that can happen in every game we play in.

It can I agree but everton dont play football do they?
They are one of the most boring teams in the prem to watch, all they do is foul players  and stop play, they where up for this one big time.
We will beat them when they come to anfield though no doubt about it
:cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Devestatin Dave (yeah) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:00 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
Devestatin Dave (yeah) wrote:Ji mgot to disagree mate but thats what the forums all about, different opinions, and i thought the derby was by far the lamest derby i have evr seen there was no bite from anyone and Alonso would have basked in playing in such an open midfield, how many times did pongolle, kewell and diao get the ball and all u wanted them to do was a 15 yard killer pass to put a player threw but they couldnt do it, id go as far to say we would have won that game if Alonso would have played and the decision to play Diao was farcical....But thats just my opinion, in fact Diao is fu*king woeful and i hope he never plays for Liverpool again cos ive got mates and know players better then Diao and thats at Sunday league level, hes by far the biggest pile of ****** ive seen pull on the red shirt since Jean Michel Ferri! Just thought id get that in why there is still a thread about Diao cos he makes my blood boil hes that bad.

i agree with most of what you say, but thats what i think blinds people from seeing what really went on in the derby, which was, though it was a scrappy, un-attractive game (always going to be), which was only gonna be won by grit (due to the way Everton chose to play) Diao's inclusion was correct.

i do admit sometimes even his grit is...well...sh*t. cos sometimes all he does is foul,. but not in the derby.

Exactly Jim, he can get stuck in but he cant play football, that was the differance on the day, Gravesen can play football and get stuck in and shows plenty of heart and caracter, i dont think Diao has heart and caracter, i just think hes ****** and dirty!!!
Devestatin Dave (yeah)

Postby redman25 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:03 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
redman25 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:That I know, but imagine the worst case senario Diao in midfield for months cause our 2 best midfielders are injured ???

They are one of the most boring teams in the prem to watch, all they do is foul players  and stop play, they where up for this one big time.

we sure will!!! I have got more chance in ****** girls aloud than they have keeping that pace!!!!  Plus I need to get my money back from the blue noses in work!!!
redman25

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:05 pm

redman25 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
redman25 wrote:

we sure will!!! I have got more chance in ****** girls aloud than they have keeping that pace!!!!  Plus I need to get my money back from the blue noses in work!!!

You could always take the place of the ginger one :D
No I reckon they will start to loose the plot escpecially over xmas with there chrimbo nights out all p#ssed :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:09 pm

any proper Red should be spikin their drink if you see any bluesh*te out in town.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby redman25 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:32 pm

stmichael wrote:speaking of central midfielders, is biscan injured? he's played above himself this season. against deportivo away i thought i was watching zidane at times. ???  :D

he is fit again now mate think he had a problem with his cheekbone.
redman25

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Diao did ok in the derby but he doesn't offer anything apart from tackling, at least Didi is a good passer of the ball.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:59 pm

It was a scrappy game, it could had gone either way and at times I thought it was going to end scoreless but we lost because of Kirkland. Now I know its easy to blame the goalkeeper but the goal he let in was pathetic, I almost broke my TV set afterwards.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:10 pm

We have two of the best central midfielders in world football and both are capable of controlling a game on there own.

To drop one of them is a poor decision unless the game is a cert. When you have two midfielders of immense quality like that, you play to your strengths and let the opposition worry about you, not the other way round.

Under no circumstances do you not play your best 11 in a big match. Alonso is class. A great player will always do great things, weather its physically, mentally or technically and from what i've seen of Alonso, i'm quite sure he's more than capable of giving as good as he gets. He's no pussy, he might not be a Roy Keane, Paddy Vieira or Stevie Gerrard but he tackles hard and wins headers.
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:12 pm

stu_the_red wrote:We have two of the best central midfielders in world football and both are capable of controlling a game on there own.

To drop one of them is a poor decision unless the game is a cert. When you have two midfielders of immense quality like that, you play to your strengths and let the opposition worry about you, not the other way round.

Under no circumstances do you not play your best 11 in a big match. Alonso is class. A great player will always do great things, weather its physically, mentally or technically and from what i've seen of Alonso, i'm quite sure he's more than capable of giving as good as he gets. He's no pussy, he might not be a Roy Keane, Paddy Vieira or Stevie Gerrard but he tackles hard and wins headers.

Good post Stu.  Couldn't have put it better myself.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:16 pm

stu_the_red wrote:We have two of the best central midfielders in world football and both are capable of controlling a game on there own.

exactly stu. people harp on about it being a squad game but in the important league games (especially a derby) you always play your best team.

as i already stated earlier, the whole notion of resting players is a joke, especially before christmas.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:22 pm

I disagree with that, but theres a time and a place to rest players and that isn't an important game and our most important fixture of the season.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:28 pm

There is rumours about Alonso that he blows hot and cold, when he was playing in spain, maybe Benitez thought he would be the same aginst everton I duno, oh well its over and done with now, no point moanin about it, its happened now Im sure Rafa wont make that mistake again :) We are looking forward to what our team can do away from home starting on sunday.
We really need to beat this home sickness thing its becoming a nightmare, we will be able to judge the team more after 4 away games, to know what our chances are of getting 4th or progressing further in the competitions we are still in.
We arnt doing to bad being 6th at the moment when you take everything into consideration.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:29 pm

the point i made was, the fact that Diao was playing, ensured we had control of the first half. O.K its speculation whether Alonso cud have done a job, personally i dont think he cud have handled THAT PARTICUALR GAME. he's not even used to the premiership yet (fully). Everton would have stifled any creativity in midfield that game. the game was a battle and needed someone like Diao.

Stu, Mick etc, i totally agree that your best eleven should play. i cant stress this enough, how much changing it annoys me, and it did when i seen Diao's name on the sheet that day.
but the fact is, after seeing the game (fist half especially) i think it worked. we didnt lose cos Diao was playing, and we didnt lose cos Alonso wasnt. on the contrary, i think Diao gave us what Alonso couldnt have in that game. he played well. you only will have had to watch it to see this.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion