arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 9  Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:20 am

Age and form are currently the key problems. Perhaps Sadio decided to go as a result of Liverpool’s future planning. I thought that Nunez would prove to be a great replacement. Unfortunately that hasn’t proved to be the case yet.

Very easy to criticise. The team are going through the most difficult time they have experienced for years. They need our support.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:14 am

All Klopp could do is work with what his got. We are in a bad situation this season and potentially may even struggle with 4th. Many of the players are off form but VVD for me is struggling. I don't know if his got his mind on the world cup and is playing cautious, something seems off.

Yesterday there were occasions we looked really good. It is going to be a hard season.

Arsenal on the other hand are looking good, a young side full of energy, can't see them picking the crown but I think finally they will seal a UCL spot.

When Klopp is gone I definitely think we will revert back to mediocrity. FSG were lucky to get a manager who squeezed every ounce from his players. As few said we were on top of the world and they still didn't strengthen to continue our domination.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:02 am

We lose to City and people will probably start saying he stayed too long. Us beating Arsenal and then City could well have turned our season around, losing to Arsenal and then City in light of how we have started and the knives will be out. It was in the players hands.

As for the match…. Not sure why we were not awarded an obvious penalty in the first half and why their penalty was so soft and no one is mentioning it. The commentators both said obvious penalty for the handball then it was VAR checked quickly and not a mention after that. It seemed an easy decision.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:20 am

The FA are investigating a incident involving Henderson and Gabriel. Alot of people online are jumping to conclusions of Hendo making a racist remark. I very much doubt a professional like Jordan would ever say anything racist to anyone. We as a team were frustrated and Hendo definitely felt the ref and the officials were against us all game..

Oliver went over to both Klopp and Artera to have a word about the incident aswell.

Arteta said in his interview that what was said on the pitch stays on the pitch.. so Gabriel could be the one that said something out of line.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:22 pm

:help
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:07 pm

Hey Tommy, your mate Bobby scored again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:20 pm

kazza wrote:We lose to City and people will probably start saying he stayed too long. Us beating Arsenal and then City could well have turned our season around, losing to Arsenal and then City in light of how we have started and the knives will be out. It was in the players hands.

As for the match…. Not sure why we were not awarded an obvious penalty in the first half and why their penalty was so soft and no one is mentioning it. The commentators both said obvious penalty for the handball then it was VAR checked quickly and not a mention after that. It seemed an easy decision.

I absolutely love Klopp mate and think he is the best we can have but He has put his head on the line being so loyal to some of them players. He was happy with his squad going into this season and has said we don't need anyone like he has in plenty of other windows. As fans we knew we needed to and should have strengthened over the last few years. He is a yes man for the miserable owners we have who put only a pittance of the clubs income back in and the rest comes from sales. How many windows have we made a profit in or a few mil net spend. It's the owners imo who has let the team deteriorate from a winning position to this!! Problem is that most fans herald them as the best thing ever to happen to the club and its Klopp who carries the can as a result. Only going to go one way mate and I wouldn't put it past being this season if we miss out.

VAR is just sponsored cheating mate and all fans should demand that its removed from the game. Its a few years in now and some of the decisions are just mind boggling. Hasn't stopped the bigger clubs getting the decisions either. Neither of those were penalties for me. The contact by thiago was minimal and no where near enough to take him down and that's what VAR should be looking at. The handball is another rule they use at their leisure. Given the proximity of the player it was ball to hand imo and his arm was natural enough considering he was moving to make a challenge. Again another thing VAR uses at its leisure and its even more inconsistent than referees.

I have been a Liverpool fan for over 40 years and am emotionally attached but the way the game is going I might look for a divorce!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:09 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-liverpool-var-technical-error-25228963

So basically VAR was unable to check whether he was offside in the build up so they go with the on field decision which was onside because linesmen are told not to raise their flags so VAR can check it. You could not make this sh1t up
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:54 pm

Kazza it’s getting more ridiculous by the week. The VAR debacle just stinks of corruption. It comes to something when Ian Wright felt that Jesus went down unnecessarily and the minimal contact didn’t warrant a penalty.

As for the hand ball Dermot Gallagher giving his opinion on a possible penalty for the Reds.Speaking on Sky Sports, the former Premier League referee gave his verdict on the handball by Gabriel: “All I can think is that the referee and VAR thought it was too close in proximity, from what we’ve seen this season – if the arm is out like that and extended at shoulder height, by-and-large it’s been penalised.

THE LACK OF CONSISTENCY IS A DISGRACE !!

I accept that we had an up and down night but when 2 of Arsenal’s goals are the subject of very dodgy decisions. Add to that a penalty we should have had and you know that there is a lot desperately wrong with the officiating.
Last edited by devaney on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:51 am

What is so disappointing is that VAR was introduced to create consistency. The technology is fine, it's the idiots making decisions that are at fault.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:50 pm

Reg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:51 am wrote:What is so disappointing is that VAR was introduced to create consistency. The technology is fine, it's the idiots making decisions that are at fault.

I think it’s more likely agenda than idiots, some of their responses to mistakes are comical. They seem to change the explanation according to each particular mistake and you’d only do that if there was an agenda in play, another thing is these “idiots” never get sanctioned. If a guy moved up the ladder to be a premier league ref, surely he is capable enough to not be called an idiot, so what other explanation is there.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games