arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 9  Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:03 pm

Great to see Konate back. We've missed him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:06 pm

Penalty Arsenal!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Gomez is walking round like a drunk.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:11 pm

Jesus tap dancing christ, we are poor.

Forgot Mo was on thr pitch until he was hauled off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Good game...could have come back with something but these Arsenal team are full of running and should be challenging right till the end
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:33 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 pm wrote:Gomez is walking round like a drunk.

I don't see the Gomez of old since he came back from injury
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:40 pm

Anyone who wasn't worried during that transfer window should be worried now. We are a aging team absolutely run into the ground. FSG should be embarrassed not investing in that midfield. Thiago can't keep doing all that running in a 2 man midfield. Us having to play that formation is a failure in the transfer market.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:54 pm

UvS xR4GEx wrote:Anyone who wasn't worried during that transfer window should be worried now. We are a aging team absolutely run into the ground. FSG should be embarrassed not investing in that midfield. Thiago can't keep doing all that running in a 2 man midfield. Us having to play that formation is a failure in the transfer market.

Every serious business has succession planning to maintain and grow it's position.

FSG have shown a level of incompetence that is well nigh unforgivable for the second time in 4 years. No serious intent shown in the transfer market again.

No addressing the obvious glaring holes in the team which Klopp no doubt raised with them,

We are done as a top 4 team - make no mistake about it and the blame lies squarely at the feet of the owners.
No foresight , no purpose and no leadership from them. They have taken us as far as they can and we need new owners that actually give a damn about WINNING - not second, not top 4 - winning the PL.

We are a sell to buy club that struck it lucky twice in quick succession. 1) Getting Klopp in 2) Selling Coutinho to fund Allison and VVD

We are never getting that lucky again any time soon if ever.

FSG are laying a foundation of mediocrity for our future and  need to sell up and move on.

We will finish 6-8th this season as a direct result of their lack of ambition and transfer policy. if we get top 4 it will be a miracle.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:57 pm

Andy Gray '“The side that played Brighton last week, eight of the players were 30 or over, compared that with the Arsenal team that played last time out against Tottenham, eight were 25 and under.'
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:08 pm

electrum » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:54 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx wrote:Anyone who wasn't worried during that transfer window should be worried now. We are a aging team absolutely run into the ground. FSG should be embarrassed not investing in that midfield. Thiago can't keep doing all that running in a 2 man midfield. Us having to play that formation is a failure in the transfer market.

Every serious business has succession planning to maintain and grow it's position.

FSG have shown a level of incompetence that is well nigh unforgivable for the second time in 4 years. No serious intent shown in the transfer market again.

No addressing the obvious glaring holes in the team which Klopp no doubt raised with them,

We are done as a top 4 team - make no mistake about it and the blame lies squarely at the feet of the owners.
No foresight , no purpose and no leadership from them. They have taken us as far as they can and we need new owners that actually give a damn about WINNING - not second, not top 4 - winning the PL.

We are a sell to buy club that struck it lucky twice in quick succession. 1) Getting Klopp in 2) Selling Coutinho to fund Allison and VVD

We are never getting that lucky again any time soon if ever.

FSG are laying a foundation of mediocrity for our future and  need to sell up and move on.

We will finish 6-8th this season as a direct result of their lack of ambition and transfer policy. if we get top 4 it will be a miracle.
This pretty much sums everything up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:12 pm

We didn’t build from a position of strength when us and City were clearly the 2 best sides in the country, now City are out of sight and everyone else has caught us up. Our owners were more interested in rigging the format of the game itself so they could still earn the big bucks without having to significantly invest in the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:23 pm

This was such a good opportunity to dominate English football. We have the best manager in the world!! And through negligence we've completely wasted 2 years of Klopps reign being absolutely cheapskates!!!!

I'm sat here fearing the worst every game. We have a fragile squad and even our key players are getting injuries.

I'm on a downer as a fan, and I'm sure the team feels the exact same way. We need something to pick us up quick otherwise this year's a complete write off. If we make a huge signing in Jan it could lift us enough to at least fight for the top 4.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:05 pm wrote:Don't know where Salah's magic boots have been since he signed his new contract   :(

Can only hope they come back for this one and they knock in a couple .   :buttrock

Expecting a 3-2 result here but not sure who will get the points  :lookaround
Good call with the 3-2.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:00 pm

Fat fingers  :laugh:
Last edited by red till i die!! on Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:37 pm

Think I heard a stat from the commentators that we have the 2nd oldest team in the league!!

Disappointing game and result though. We conceded again after only a couple of minutes. We settled a bit after that and got back into it only to concede again right before HT. Got back into it again but never looked like capitalising on that before they got their 3rd. Constantly chasing games we are.

Henderson for me is a problem. He is holding us back with his constant slowing of play and he isn't making any tackles. Just runs alongside players trying to force them wide or to get rid of it. He needs to be giving more than that.

Jota is another. Imo he is a squad player who hasn't made the step up. I know injury keeps him out but he isn't consistent at all and it doesn't take much to keep him quiet In games.

Diaz has some amount of energy and seriously puts himself about during games but not much in the way of end product. He will be a massive loss though if he is injured.

Salah  :veryangry I watched him in the warm up and he is just practicing cutting inside on to his left. Delighted he was pulled off tbh and it needs to happen more often till the message sinks in.

Nunez is no Haaland anyway. Still he makes good runs into good areas but we aren't finding him enough. Delighted he scored though in a big game.

League is completely gone from us but if we don't get a grip so will the wenger trophy. That's the kind of form we are in with no sign of it changing. Hopefully as the injured lads get fitter our performances improve and it was great to see Konate come on today.

Really doubt we are going to get anything at the Etihad next week in this kind of form.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games