arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 4th Feb 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:25 pm

We had 5 players + Ali against a lone Arsenal player in the box, and they scored

Pretty much sums it up  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:28 pm

Never really got going. Throw in the mistakes and it's been a bad day at the office. Some poor individual performances and can't complain.about the result
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:29 pm

No attacking threat all game, so many players didn't turned up. Wrong starting line up from Jurgen and they wanted it much more than us

Deserved loss...hate the sight of that pest named Arteta

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:36 pm

Honestly can't complain, we were simply not good enough today.
So many poor performances - Gakpo, Gravenberch, Jones, Elliott stuffed by Trossard too easily, TAA stuffed (no surprise) by Martinelli
I actually think Ali fooked up for that howler - took his eye completely off the ball, he should have got a leg to that imo.
This all plays into City's hands
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm

Given the importance of this match we fluffed our lines completely- Klopp included...

How many times have Gakpo , Diaz and Jota played as a front three in the PL? Why play them together in an absolute 6 pointer??? Nunez one leg is more effective than Gakpo.. (did he have a single telling pass/ contribution?)

Trent v Martinelli is the very definition of insanity - Martinelli shreds his a*se every time we play them.

Gravenberch and Gakpo are simply passengers in these high level games - they are mid table ability at best. I wouldn't be sad to see either of them sold at
the earliest opportunity.

Ali - bad day at the office but he has a lot of credit in the bank.

We lost due to a non performance in the first half and a starting XI that was never at the races and simply not fit for purpose...time for a major rethink
against City- we play this turgid tippy tappy rubbish across the back line versus them and they will put 5 or 6 past us as a minimum.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:38 pm

I think it was clear after 10 minutes we weren't getting anything from this. Really poor showing from far too many of our lads. In the end we got what we deserved.

Stupid second yellow by Konate. Can't make challenges like that on a yellow. Arms all over him ffs.

Midfield was completely out of its depth against Rice and Jorginho.

Up front they were awful. Jota playing very well lately but goes missing in the big games. Gakpo was poor as well and beginning to think he's not fit for this level. Diaz is not the player most think he is either so maybe we should make up another excuse for him. As for Nunez  :laugh: never injured just left out today after the shyte show the other night.

Hopefully today was a one off and we come back strong. It really was some downfall from the other night.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:49 pm

We can't play Gravenberch in big games anymore, he looks like he can't be @ssed. Trent looks done at RB, convert him to a midfielder and play some who'll fight defensively in Bradley. We missed Szoboszlai and Nunez from the starting line up and it showed massively.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:54 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:38 pm wrote:I think it was clear after 10 minutes we weren't getting anything from this. Really poor showing from far too many of our lads. In the end we got what we deserved.

Stupid second yellow by Konate. Can't make challenges like that on a yellow. Arms all over him ffs.

Midfield was completely out of its depth against Rice and Jorginho.

Up front they were awful. Jota playing very well lately but goes missing in the big games. Gakpo was poor as well and beginning to think he's not fit for this level. Diaz is not the player most think he is either so maybe we should make up another excuse for him. As for Nunez  :laugh: never injured just left out today after the shyte show the other night.

Hopefully today was a one off and we come back strong. It really was some downfall from the other night.

Whatever about Rice, I don't think Jorginho is all that good. But def our midfield was anonymous. Still think we need a decent midfielder in there, a breaker, someone to stamp authority. Rice does it every game.
I think we have "nice" players, not likely to get really stuck in. Jones, Gravenberch, too lightweight. Not enough options on the bench. Def not Elliott for me. I'd love to see Bajcetic back. Even Clark looks like he has the bite that Bradley does.
We were poor today in many parts but it's not over yet.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Not been impressed with what Ive seen of Gravenberch so far in all honesty however do remind myself he is still 21 and its his first season in the league so need to give him time although does appear there is a lot of work to be done for him to get to the levels we need him to be
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:52 am

Anyone who paid any attention could see that D1ck Arteta's tactics...get Rice and their defenders to spray long passes towards Martinelli and Saka then let them out run our fullbacks and to pin us back. This is taking a page out of Pep and unfortunately we will get royally screwed if we play this same team and tactics against Cheaty

Trent got stuffed against Martinelli every single time its not even funny anymore, while Conor easily had him in his pocket in the last game. If so, why still have Trent on the RB then?

Both Gakpo and Gravenberch have given us 4 or 5 anonymous games prior to this and as soon as I see them in the starting lineup, I half knew the outcome. They did not disappoint in how bad they both were yesterday

Everything about yesterday's starting lineup and tactics were wrong. We could not get going all game and they wanted this so much more than us...so that is that

Unfortunately, this is all on Jurgen. Bad day in the office...we go again

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:31 am

Bad day at the office, we never really got going. Alli, VVD with unexpected mistakes. We should've started with Darwin over Gakpo.
We got done by their runners, trent was shyte.

Anyhow we move on. The way City go on mad runs not sure if a draw will be enough at Etihad. Sure they'll drop a few points but so will we.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:44 am

Really bad day at the office, a really, really bad one, it wasn’t just the fact we got beat it was the manner of the defeat, it was the type of result which could easily crush our confidence whilst….well, you only had to look at those scenes at the end to see what that has done for Arsenal. God help us if they ever win the thing.
We are going to have to show a hell of a lot of character now to dust ourselves off and resume normal service, what’s more our front runner status has well and truly gone now,  if we want to win this thing we are going to have to get down and dirty in the trenches and slug it out with everyone else
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:48 am

I think simply their intensity was much more than ours and it forced a lot of errors from our players. Arteta seems to hate us probably because of his days with the bitters. When they went one up they dropped off and we got back in the game, eventually equalizing. Not having our best midfielders made a difference and they got more confident as the second half went on. They were more pumped for the win and it showed.

Arteta running around in his tight trousers like he scored himself  :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:01 am

The midfield was very poor last night Jones created nothing for 90 minutes. MacA played well but Gravenbach and Gakpo.... Hadn't realised dependant on Szobo we've become as we also missed Nunez's chaos in the first half which allowed Arsenal to settle, but without the service as we saw when he did come on, there's little he can do. And Klopp substituted the 2 lads consistently feeding in good passes and crosses, TAA and Gomez! Crazy game, we can only blame ourselves for that one.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:00 pm

I’m not going over the top on this one. It was a comedy of errors and on another day the result could have been very different. VVD and Ali somehow managed to create a performance that simply beggars belief !!

I’m simply going to put this match down to SH1T HAPPENS !!

We move on. It is almost guaranteed that Arsenal will fk up in their usual fashion !! Our home math against City is now the most important game of the season.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney