arsenal v LIVERPOOL Sun 9  Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:53 am

I can see this crowd being right up for this, we have given them a few hidings over recent years and I think they will use this contest as both a bit of a guage to see how far they’ve come and also an opportunity to lay a few ghosts to rest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:14 am

Obviously we need to get back on track and Arsenal traditionally play a more open game and we do well against them. I have a feeling Nunes will have a good game, my gut tells me he is due. I worry about Martinelli against Trent as last year he really embarrassed him, I hope Trent has a point to prove against him tomorrow. We need to stop making excuses and get on a roll. If we can manage to win, beat Rangers again mid week and manage to beat City next week, we will well and truly be on a roll and can turn our season around. It’s up to the players to play with a bit of pride. We need to get back to fighting with everything for the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:36 pm

I seriously think that’s not just Nunez needs to have a good game but several of our top players also need to get their act together quickly. A little while ago I had a grumble about our ageing team and several people disagreed with me. I’ve also suggested that FSG didn’t invest enough after we won both the league title and the Champions League. Our average net spend during the last 10 years has equated to £33m  per year which is less than Everton! During the last five years our average net spend is £43m. Klopp has done a remarkable job given that level of expenditure. United supporters are actually moaning at the Glazers for insufficient investment and they have literally spent three times as much as ourselves during the last 10 years!! I like FSG and the way they run their business activities but I just question if they have missed an opportunity.

The spine of our team which I see as VVD, Fabinho and Salah just haven’t performed up to their usual standard. They certainly need to at Highbury because Arsenal are looking better than they have done in years.

It will be very nice thing to see just for what tactics Klopp employs because Arsenal are not Rangers !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:18 pm

Harland just hit the post - what a T*ss*r   :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:12 pm

kazza » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:14 am wrote:Obviously we need to get back on track and Arsenal traditionally play a more open game and we do well against them. I have a feeling Nunes will have a good game, my gut tells me he is due. I worry about Martinelli against Trent as last year he really embarrassed him, I hope Trent has a point to prove against him tomorrow. We need to stop making excuses and get on a roll. If we can manage to win, beat Rangers again mid week and manage to beat City next week, we will well and truly be on a roll and can turn our season around. It’s up to the players to play with a bit of pride. We need to get back to fighting with everything for the team.

Yeah you do get the sense that the next 7 or 8 days could be pivotal. Win all 3 and as you say it’s game on, lose them however and we’ll be on our knees trying to pick up the pieces of a season that will be well and truly broken at that point. It’s only October but because of our bad start it’s pretty much make or break already, we need our players to turn up big time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:24 pm

Typically we do well against Arsenal and it is not a fixture I worry about, considering the circumstances this will be a tough one. These lot are flying at the moment, playing really well collectively and are full on confidence. They have got a formidable spine now and it does seem Arsenal could be potentially turning the corner, time will tell. Saliba is solid at the back, balanced by inform Xhaka and Up top Jesus knocking them in.

There is a lot of pessimism for this fixture and rightly so, however we still have the talent to turn things around and get a result. Our next two fixture are pivotal and if we can get maximum points we could turn our season around.

Up top I'm unsure who we will play, Firmino has been on form compared to the others so I feel we should start him. But we will need some muscle up top to deal with Saliba so in this situation Nunez should start.

Alisson
Trent
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Thiago
Elliot

Diaz
Salah
Nunez

This could be a high scoring game or a 2-1 for either side.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:34 am

Huge significance, either we step up to the plate and show the league that we're still a force or we become an also ran. Come on Reds!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:09 pm

Really need our big players to turn up today. My head says we'll do well to get a draw, but my heart says we'll earn a convincing win.

Come on you red men!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:41 pm

Looks like a 4 4 2 with Salah as a right mid, probably to help out Trent against Martinelli, Nunez and Jota up top
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:05 pm

Don't know where Salah's magic boots have been since he signed his new contract   :(

Can only hope they come back for this one and they knock in a couple .   :buttrock

Expecting a 3-2 result here but not sure who will get the points  :lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:32 pm

Same set up like Rangers, common lads let's show them who we are.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:35 pm

1-0 down already ffs
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:40 pm

It's becoming so predictable! WTF is wrong with this team?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:44 pm

We got carved clean open for that. Poor start again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Go Darwin
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games