crystal palace v LIVERPOOL Sat 9th Dec 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:50 pm

Santa » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:10 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:36 pm wrote:These are the ugly wins that win you league titles. Last season we would have lost this.

But I'm getting worried about Diaz and Nunez. Both are struggling. If Mo gets injured, where will our goals come from?

When is AFCON?

Sh1t, forgot about that. Its 13 Jan to mid-feb.

We are going to struggle for goals if Nunez and Diaz don't shape up
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Not the best but this is the period where we have to grind out results. We are becoming comeback kings, the amount of times this season we've got behind....
Yup I agree with above, worried when Salah goes Afcon, I'm not convinced with Nunez and Diaz.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:11 pm

Not perfect by any stretch but again we dug deep to come from behind and claim all 3 points. The ref wasn't great and got card happy which did ultimately change the game. 1st one is a booking all day but the second was an awful call especially as it was resulting in the player going off.  Thought it was a pen as well.

Ali was MOTM, made a few top saves when needed that kept us in it. Delighted Mo got his 200th and that Elliot scored the winner.  He has been doing pretty well this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Arsenal lose, so we are 1 point ahead at the top, feels nice to be on the pinnacle. Common redmen
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:58 pm

By hook or by crook we got the 3 points which take us to the top of the table  :buttrock . That's the only thing that matters at the end of the day.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:49 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:50 pm wrote:
Santa » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:10 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:36 pm wrote:These are the ugly wins that win you league titles. Last season we would have lost this.

But I'm getting worried about Diaz and Nunez. Both are struggling. If Mo gets injured, where will our goals come from?

When is AFCON?

Sh1t, forgot about that. Its 13 Jan to mid-feb.

We are going to struggle for goals if Nunez and Diaz don't shape up

Am I having a senior moment, or isn't AFCON the African Cup of Nations, in which case Nunez (Uruguay) and Diaz (Colombia) have absolutely fookall involvement?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:06 am

Bit of a stat, first time we are 1st since  25th September 2021 when we drew 3-3 with Brentford.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:21 am

Bungle - Salah will be missing for AFCON. Don’t think he’s going to miss too many matches though because of the winter break. Nothing to do with Diaz and Nunez only the fact that they are both playing badly and will make the loss of Salah even more difficult.

LIVERPOOL for very large parts of the game were awful. VAR taking forever to make decisions. The ref definitely didn’t want to reverse his decision about the penalty. I haven’t got a clue what he was saying to the VAR official and exactly what he was watching on the screen. Hughes basically took Endo out of the game. Fk knows why he struggled to see that in actual play ?? Great goals by Mo and Harvey. Nunez poor again. Diaz was very average. MOTM for me was Alison who was incredible. Anyway we managed to scramble 3 points after going down 1-0. We have now gained 18 points from losing positions. No wonder Klop wanted the 5 sub rule introduced !!

MO SALAH WHAT A PLAYER !! Only a very special moron could fail to see what Mo has achieved for LFC: Salah now has 14 goals and seven assists from 21 appearances so far this season, while his overall returns for Liverpool stand at 200 goals and 81 assists from 327 games since first moving to Anfield from AS Roma in the summer of 2017. Remember when he was supposed to be a one-season wonder?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Terrific result as I couldn’t see us turning that one around, bodes well because if we get to the top whilst not at our best we”ll have a hell of a chance once we hit our straps.
What a manager Jurgen is, when you think of the pressure of managing this club which has left 2 men in operation theatres fighting for their lives and others heartbroken and in tears we shouldn’t take him and what he has done for this club for granted, he makes it look easy - it’s not
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 pm wrote:Terrific result as I couldn’t see us turning that one around, bodes well because if we get to the top whilst not at our best we”ll have a hell of a chance once we hit our straps.
What a manager Jurgen is, when you think of the pressure of managing this club which has left 2 men in operation theatres fighting for their lives and others heartbroken and in tears we shouldn’t take him and what he has done for this club for granted, he makes it look easy - it’s not

Couldn't agree more Yakka. Hopefully when his time is done the fella will have a statue at our stadium resurrected in his honour , lets face it he resurrected us !  :buttrock

p.s. re Daveney's earlier comment about Salah , Again totally agree, a top top top top player. How this fella has not been awarded more plaudits in world football is beyond me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:46 pm

Mo is a wonderful player, however we actually have a good scoring problem!
Palyer      Games     Goals
1 Salah 16 11
2= Núñez 15 4
2=     Jota 12 4
4 Díaz 15 3
5= Szoboszlai 16 2
5=     TAA 14 2
5=     Gakpo 14 2
8 VVD 14 1
8=     MacAllister 14 1
8=     Elliott 13 1
8=     Endo 11 1
8=     Robertson 8 1

God forbid Mo gets injured....
We need to find the best striker in the world and pay whatever's necessary as neither Diaz nor Nunez are prolific scorers going forward.
We don't have the luxury of Mo, Mane and Bobby scoring 54-57 goals between them as they did in 2017-18 and 18-19... and need to react to this sooner rather than later.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 pm

Exactly what I've been banging about, If Mo is out we are screwed. We've done fantastic to get at the top but just worried if Mo is out we could potentially get royally screwed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:31 pm

After 3 scrappy wins in 7 days the table looks pretty good. Top of the league, best goal difference, joint best defence, and only City have scored more goals than us.

We played a midfielder 3 who are having their first season in the league, first season playing 12.30 kick offs, first trip to Selhurst Park, etc. And two of them only joined at the end of August. I think we'll get more disjointed performances like that when we have a midfielder that is still adjusting. Think we're better off playing Mac Allister and Jones when they are available.

With the midweek Europa League trip to Belgium being a dead rubber, the next meaningful game is against Utd on Sunday. So we get a little breather before 3 big home games in 7 days infront of a bigger crowd with part of the Anfield Road expansion due to open for Utd.
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:04 pm

I know he's a fans favourite but prior to signing him alarm bells were ringing for me after reading an in depth report on Nunez.

In a nutshell it concluded that for every goal he scores, he misses 3 or 4  "golden" opportunities.

Even the most devoted Nunez fan must see that this is pretty much what we've seen from him since his arrival 18 months ago.

Not suggesting we get rid of him BUT looking forward , in addition to our current strike force we deffo need a more clinical finisher up front .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:25 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:04 pm wrote:I know he's a fans favourite but prior to signing him alarm bells were ringing for me after reading an in depth report on Nunez.

In a nutshell it concluded that for every goal he scores, he misses 3 or 4  "golden" opportunities.

Even the most devoted Nunez fan must see that this is pretty much what we've seen from him since his arrival 18 months ago.

Not suggesting we get rid of him BUT looking forward , in addition to our current strike force we deffo need a more clinical finisher up front .

In EPL Haland tops missed big chances however he still bangs in more.

1- Halaand- Shots 58 - Goals 14 - Big misses 17
2- Solanke- Shots48 - Goals 8-- Big misses 6
3- Watkins- Shots 48 - Goals  8-- Big misses 13
4- Salah - Shots47- Goals 11 -- Big misses 7
5- Nunez -Shots 45 -Goals 4--  Big misses 15

Nunez comes 2nd in Big missed chances and conversion is fairly low.

Stats are only EPL, combined total appearances may alter.

Huge fan but not sure if he will click here. He will easily turn from hero to villain if he misses a sitter in a final or a crucial game towards end of the seasons, if we're still in a title race.

We definitely need someone uptop who can at least compete with Salah.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games