Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun May 29, 2022 9:59 am

Sorry mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun May 29, 2022 9:59 am

redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 7:54 am wrote:

Blame reg for starting the thread.
All jokes aside, gutted also mate hard double pill to swallow.

All we have now is the rumor thread  :down:

:grinning:

I was less bothered about the PL title as that was really out of our hands but we should have won last night, how that team won it I don’t know. We probably feel like every team they beat.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Just reading the accounts of those who were at Stade de France and how they were being mugged by the locals, and tear gassed by the local police, journalists being forced to delete footage they took outside of the stadium 3tc...and all these only happened at our end but not to  the Spanish.

Looks like the club got mugged by UEFA, the team got mugged on the field and the fans got mugged outside the stadium.

Prayed that everyone got back safely that's the priority  :hearts
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 29, 2022 2:47 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Brexit had something to do with it, seems odd that the Madrid fans didn't get the rough-house treatment our fans got.
Wasn't as if our fans were a bunch of p*ssed up twenty somethings looking for trouble. sounds like it was women and kids and families getting tear gassed.
Strange.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 6:35 pm

What happened outside was disgusting and should be punishable. Tear gas on families, what were they thinking!!

Anyone went to the parade today, yakka did you go mate?? How was it? I watched bits of it on YouTube.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 29, 2022 8:47 pm

Yes I went mate, I drove down to the south end along Queens drive and the fans were cheering us as we were driving, felt like a footy player!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 9:03 pm

Awesome, I was aiming to attend but had car issues. Hopefully will do next time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 30, 2022 8:07 am

Just wondering why Klopp didn't give Divock a shot in last 20 mins... The legend always comes good when it matters.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 30, 2022 8:26 am

redshade » Mon May 30, 2022 7:07 am wrote:Just wondering why Klopp didn't give Divock a shot in last 20 mins... The legend always comes good when it matters.

Injured
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon May 30, 2022 12:07 pm

That game was extremely frustrating and awful to watch, we all knew that Madrid strikers need one chance to score a goal and secure a win, Klopp's strikers have been wasteful throughout the whole season, and we lack a proper CF we are crying out for such player!.

In general, all the set-pieces were awful, Trent was really useless going forward and defensively, however, the latter was terrible, and the Real goal was down to him, he was ball watching and daydreaming, and I knew he will mess up before the game starts.  Really, he is not a defender, and Klopp ought to move him up to the midfield and bring another right-back or use Nico Williams there, or Gomez. As for the useless Keita, he is the first player who ought to be kicked out of LFC. 
To compete next season we need to get top players, as we understand that Mane is intending to leave. 
It wasn't a bad season after all, however, winning the UCL and the league would have been the cheer on top.

Good Luck Lads for the Next Season. We are proud of you
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:45 pm

What needs to be said is that this season we were very poor against the top sides. We didn't get a single win against a top 4 side in the PL, managed to barely beat a mixed Man City team in the FA cup semis and although we did win against Milan and Atletico twice and against Inter once, I don't really think they're on the same level as the rest. We played in 3 finals this season, and although we won 2 of them, we faild to score a single goal in regular time in each of them. So that's zero goals in 3 finals this season!

What I'm trying to say is, something was defenitely not working for us when we played a top side. Although we looked like the better team in most of these encounters, we never managed to beat them. Apart from City, most of these teams knew we were better than them but found ways not to get beat, and Real unfortunately even found a way to win. Most of them went with the low block tactics and then try to get us on the counter. A good amount of the goals we conceded were when our defence was unsettled and out of position, running back towards our goal, while we were always up against a well organized, fully packed defence and we rarely had a chance to go at them on the counter. This happened against Real as well. For the most part we just passed around their formation, trying to find a way through, only to lose the ball and give them a chance for a quick counter attack against a defence that's out of position. This happened against the top sides before we played Real as well, so I feel we should have been ready for this and tweaked a few things. Maybe let the oppo have a bit of the ball for a change, try to get their defence out of position, instead of allowing them to constantly do that against us.

We still played a good season, won two titles, but it really is difficult to accept that we missed out on the two major trophies by the smallest of margins.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 31, 2022 5:52 am

damjan193 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:45 pm wrote:What needs to be said is that this season we were very poor against the top sides. We didn't get a single win against a top 4 side in the PL, managed to barely beat a mixed Man City team in the FA cup semis and although we did win against Milan and Atletico twice and against Inter once, I don't really think they're on the same level as the rest. We played in 3 finals this season, and although we won 2 of them, we faild to score a single goal in regular time in each of them. So that's zero goals in 3 finals this season!

What I'm trying to say is, something was defenitely not working for us when we played a top side. Although we looked like the better team in most of these encounters, we never managed to beat them. Apart from City, most of these teams knew we were better than them but found ways not to get beat, and Real unfortunately even found a way to win. Most of them went with the low block tactics and then try to get us on the counter. A good amount of the goals we conceded were when our defence was unsettled and out of position, running back towards our goal, while we were always up against a well organized, fully packed defence and we rarely had a chance to go at them on the counter. This happened against Real as well. For the most part we just passed around their formation, trying to find a way through, only to lose the ball and give them a chance for a quick counter attack against a defence that's out of position. This happened against the top sides before we played Real as well, so I feel we should have been ready for this and tweaked a few things. Maybe let the oppo have a bit of the ball for a change, try to get their defence out of position, instead of allowing them to constantly do that against us.

We still played a good season, won two titles, but it really is difficult to accept that we missed out on the two major trophies by the smallest of margins.

Good point, it reminded me of when we played Chelsea (Gerrard slip) where Rodgers was so high on who we were he never was able to change how we played to get a win. As you said, had we parked the bus a little and drew them out then hit them on the counter we could have won that match 3-0. We are a great side that controls the ball but we need to have a tactical plan B against these deep block team and passing them to death is not it because as we have found those teams exploit us and get that one chance that wins the match. Vinicius had one shot on goal and scored from it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:39 am

It is just a shame when you think 3 UCL finals and 1 win.
3 EPL title challenges and 1 win. As far as progress is concerned its great but No one remembers the runners up do they. This team and Klopp deserve a lot more.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:32 pm

redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:39 am wrote:It is just a shame when you think 3 UCL finals and 1 win.
3 EPL title challenges and 1 win. As far as progress is concerned its great but No one remembers the runners up do they. This team and Klopp deserve a lot more.

We should mention that the one win came against Spurs, not exactly European royalty
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:21 pm

kazza » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:32 pm wrote:
redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:39 am wrote:It is just a shame when you think 3 UCL finals and 1 win.

We should mention that the one win came against Spurs, not exactly European royalty

We didn't play particularly well in that final, it was almost evenly matched with Spurs having the better chances. Finals are meant to be edgy I guess and not pure domination, however with the experience we have you should expect a controlled executed display. Yes we controlled last weeks final until their goal, "where was the mentality monster" spirit?! Below are all the finals we have been with under Klopp-:

1) 2016 League Cup: Liverpool 1 Manchester City 1 (Man City won 3-1 on penalties)
2) 2016 Europa League: Liverpool 1 Sevilla 3
3) 2018 Champions League final: Real Madrid 3 Liverpool 1
4) 2019 Champions League final: Liverpool 2 Tottenham 0
5) 2019 European Super Cup: Liverpool 2 Chelsea 2 (Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties)
6) 2019 World Club Championship: Liverpool 1 Flamengo 0
7) 2022 League Cup: Liverpool 0 Chelsea 0 (Liverpool win 11-10 on penalties)
8) 2022 FA Cup: Liverpool 0 Chelsea 0 (Liverpool won 5-4 on penalties)
9) 2022 Champions League final: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid

From all those finals I can't recall a solid display, it could've gone either way is some of the wins. Maybe scoring 0 goals in the last three finals is blocking a little clarity.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games