Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat May 28, 2022 10:21 pm

Oh Naby Naby...can't believe we actually paid a player who get a kick so wrong
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat May 28, 2022 10:30 pm

Not gonna finish this...we lost to a smarter team with big match experience tonight

Congrats to Real beating PSG,Chelsea, City and us to the title so can't complain really, but what a let down this was ours to win tonight. Ngl this is hard to swallow
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 28, 2022 10:34 pm

It has been a torrid week to say the least.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:42 pm

Like I said before the match, these know how to win a CL final. We are maybe a better team but they deserved the win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 28, 2022 10:47 pm

That hurt alot.. especially when we dominated 70% of the game, we just wasn't clinical enough.

We need a out n out striker for next season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 28, 2022 11:11 pm

That was just extremely frustrating and I'm not buying the whole Courtois played out of his skin *****. There was about 2 shots he saved that was really good but the rest was straight into his arms or routine saves. 

I'm always moaning about the pace at which we move the ball up the pitch but tonight it was painful. What is the point in allowing them time to get everyone behind the ball. We struggle to break teams down when they low block so why do we allow it every time.  We don't know what to do with it other than go sideways and count down the seconds till we lose it and get caught on the counter.  With players like salah and Mane who can both run we should be exploiting defences but that gets lost when we are 20 yds off their goal and the box is packed.  Set pieces were just awful tonight as well.

Anyway sick we lost and in that manner as well. They literally killed the pace of the game for as long as they could every chance they could. Even in the 5 minutes added on they were at it and the ref blows up exactly on 95. Didn't think he was that good either and let too many cynical fouls from them go unpunished.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2022 11:13 pm

Disappointing end to a great season, to come so close to winning the 2 biggest prizes in the club game only to be pipped at the post in both of them is an effin sickener, proud of Jürgen and the lads though. Hope our fans turn out en masse for the parade tomorrow to prove YNWA rings as true now as it did in the early 60's. I'll certainly be there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat May 28, 2022 11:33 pm

Tough week and not deserved. The team will come back stronger. Proud to be Red. Amazing job by Juergen, all his assistants and of course the team.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 28, 2022 11:37 pm

Never thought I'd be disappointed winning 2 trophies at the end of the season.. but that's how good we've been this season. I just wished we could have won 1 of the big 2.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 29, 2022 12:03 am

Disappointed. We looked tired and leggy from 30 mins onwards.

Madrid deserved to win. We go again next season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 12:03 am

Just deflated here, can't really direct my emotions correctly but at the moment wining the "smaller" trophies and missing out on 2 major trophies just feels dire. Last week was depressing enough but today just took it to another level.

It was like we were playing Burnley, our lads up front were poor. Salah has been off it since afcon, I don't know what to say anymore, after such an impressive season this last week feels like it wasn't for much. We managed to eat the veggies but didn't get to the steak.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 29, 2022 12:18 am

Remember, when our early 60's fans adopted YNWA as their anthem it's because the lyrics pretty much spelt out what it meant to be a Liverpool fan at that time.
The way those fans saw it it was almost as if the song was written for them.
Its worth remembering that back then Everton were the biggest club on Merseyside and had been since the 1880's, we had just spent the best part of a decade In the old second division (and at one point nearly dropped to the third), our board was notoriously frugal plus we hadn't won the title since 1946 and had never won the FA Cup in our entire history!
Those fans really knew what it was like to have their dreams tossed and blown, back then YNWA wasn't the anthem of champions it was the anthem of the long suffering football fan, when your chin is on the floor like ours are tonight i think it's worth remembering that fact and also worth reflecting on why a Broadway showtune resonated so much with people who worked all week on the docks for a pittance and paid their half a crown every other Saturday to watch 22 grown men kick a bag of wind about a patch of grass in a working class district in the north end of the city called Anfield.
The song said yes we are down, life has given us a f**king good kicking but you know what there's always tomorrow, it said if you dare to dream with me and don't let everything get you down then pal  you'll have a friend for life.
When we adopted YNWA yes we had gotten out of the second division but the league titles and FA Cup wins hadn't happened yet, those fans had no idea what was going to happen over the next 20 years.
On nights like tonight when we are all a bit down I think it's worth remembering why YNWA was adopted as our song, supporting any football club even one as glorious as this isn't always sunshine and roses.
YNWA
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun May 29, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 5:58 am

Good post yakka, we'll have many more glory days ahead.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 29, 2022 8:31 am

Gutted….

What’s worse is 6 weeks of no football
Last edited by kazza on Sun May 29, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 29, 2022 8:54 am

Blame reg for starting the thread.
All jokes aside, gutted also mate hard double pill to swallow.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games