SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:04 am

If I was Mane's agent I'd wait until the Salah situation is resolved because I wouldn't want my client on 200k a week if we're considering giving Salah 400k+. His agent said a while back that they'd speak to the club in the summer.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:18 am

Mane looks really good in the false 9 role, Since Afcon his like the Mane that was on fire.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed May 11, 2022 8:18 pm

Michael Reid (@michael_reid11) tweeted at 3:44 pm on Wed, May 11, 2022:
After his goal against Aston Villa, Sadio Mané is now 2nd for all-time most goals for #LFC without ever scoring a penalty for the club:

Kenny Dalglish - 172
⭐️Sadio Mané - 119 ⭐️
Ian St John - 118
John Toshack - 96
Albert Stubbins - 83
Luis Suárez - 82
Fernando Torres - 81
(https://twitter.com/michael_reid11/stat ... xUZmQ&s=03)
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Not sure what's happened between Mane and the club, but he's throwing alot of unnecessary shade our way.

As a fan we've loved Mane, we've always supported him as a club.. but he feels unloved and unappreciated?? The Senegalese supporters also want him to leave Liverpool?

Klopp is always hugging him, always giving him extra attention after games..

I know he's shown a desire to leave this summer, but don't blame the club and the fans for your own choices..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:47 am

I just hope him and Salah don't leave via giving us a bitter taste.
Don't spoil your status here lads, if you want to leave then go respectfully.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:12 am

I’m not sure why 60-70% of Senegalese people want him to leave Liverpool. Is it because the rivalry with Egypt and Salah?maybe they think we value Mo more. Is from the thing with Suarez and Evra as he was born in Senegal? or maybe El Hadji Diouf has been talking cr@p? Either way we propelled Mane into  a world class player, would have reached the heights had he signed with ManUre? I think he has been working hard in his country and looks like he may be the type that would run for government positions  in his country  in the future.

As Red said, leave by all means but leave respectfully and honor your legacy at the club.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:31 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:39 pm wrote:Not sure what's happened between Mane and the club, but he's throwing alot of unnecessary shade our way.

As a fan we've loved Mane, we've always supported him as a club.. but he feels unloved and unappreciated?? The Senegalese supporters also want him to leave Liverpool?

Klopp is always hugging him, always giving him extra attention after games..

I know he's shown a desire to leave this summer, but don't blame the club and the fans for your own choices..

What shade is that? Think he's just moving on for a new experience and a bigger pay packet which fair enough. All seems quite amicable between player and club.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:55 pm

"60-70%" was there a survey for this in Senegal or what?

Anyway, most of the things kazza mentioned above may contribute to Senegalese fans wanting him to leave Liverpool, especially the rivalry with Salah and Egypt and the fact they probably think we value Salah more. However, they may think and want whatever they like but Mane has Liverpool fans too so he should be careful what he says. Most of our fans wont think badly of him and will wish him all the best if he leaves but like redshade said, he can ruin his status in Liverpool in just a few interviews if he's not careful.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:14 pm

He wants to go, We want 40 mil or something or he will stay for the last year and he wants to go now. We have been here before and they will say anything to get their move.

I say take the 25mil and move on. Better than nothing next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:18 pm

I've heard some fans stating their disappointment in Mane announcing his intentions before the Champions League final and remonstrating over his antics while on duty with Senegal pertaining to some inane soundbites and they do have a valid point ,but lets face facts here ,Mane has been exceptional season after season for this team and after 6 years he merits his move on the back of unstinting service to the cause.

I'm actually devastated at the eventuality of losing Mane ,for 6 glorious years he's been phenomenal and replacing him is going to hurt this team ,anyone who believes it will be a seamless transition for his replacement is kidding themselves, unless we bring in a truly World Class forward ,because that's irrefutably been Mane's tag for the last 6 years and any undermining of that description would be unfair and slightly churlish and to even suggest he was anything less would be classed as simply sour grapes on our part.

I herald the impact he's had on this club ,I cherish the goals he's scored and I will never forget the fight and application he put in for this club every time he put on the colours. Like I said ,I'm absolutely gutted he's going ,but I certainly don't begrudge him his move. Bayern if indeed its them he leaves for ,will be getting one hell of a player and I wish him the best and will continue to laud his contribution to this club long after he's gone.

Liverpool fans don't forget their legends and Sadio Mane falls more than comfortably into that bracket.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:45 pm

For me he will be harder to replace than Salah. Sure he missed sitters or sometimes didn’t pass when the pass was on but it was his tracking back and the interceptions he made defensively is what I think we will miss. I also liked how he had this steely determination and I don’t believe we ever saw him sulk and not give 100%. I certainly don’t begrudge him a move away and a big payday as he spends so much on charity,  so the more he makes the more people he can help, he just doesn’t need to justify it with silly reasons. Just say you want a change as you have earned the right. He maybe wasn’t at the club long enough to be a true legend but he certainly made the team better. I will say he didn’t seem as social as the other players so not sure he will be a locker room miss but he was a leader on the field.

Football teams are all about evolution and players leaving is an inevitable thing, I just hope we replace him with a player that if not world class, will become world class at the club. Cannot complain about what Klopp has bought so far so I will trust the system and believe we will get a player that will help us forget.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:36 pm

From his goal against Arsenal to his formidable consistency in the title winning season. Mane has been an exceptional servant to say the least. I will respect his choice and if he leaves I hope it is in a respectful way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 am

Truly great player and an outstanding professional. I just hope the obituaries are somewhat premature !! If all we can get is £25m I wouldn’t agree to let him go. Even £40m is very cheap. He will easily be good for another 5 years. His goals and ability plus Liverpool’s share of image rights could quite easily be worth substantially more than £25m. I fully appreciate that it would not sit comfortably with Sadio Mané if we forced him to stay however he is professional enough to accept the situation. If money is a key issue,in a years time he could go on a free and claim a very substantial signing on fee. I certainly do not agree that taking £25m now is better than taking nothing in a years time.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:38 am

devaney » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:10 am wrote:Truly great player and an outstanding professional. I just hope the obituaries are somewhat premature !! If all we can get is £25m I wouldn’t agree to let him go. Even £40m is very cheap. He will easily be good for another 5 years. His goals and ability plus Liverpool’s share of image rights could quite easily be worth substantially more than £25m. I fully appreciate that it would not sit comfortably with Sadio Mané if we forced him to stay however he is professional enough to accept the situation. If money is a key issue,in a years time he could go on a free and claim a very substantial signing on fee. I certainly do not agree that taking £25m now is better than taking nothing in a years time.

:nod  Agreed.
Even though he's only got a year left on his contract I think an offer of just £25 million for a player of his quality is a bit of a ***** take.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Bayern have had a £30m bid rejected.

I think Mane is as good as gone. But they'll need to get closer to £45m to get him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion