SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Don't think we'll be looking to sell any of them in the summer. Think we'll try to extend Salah, Mane, and Firmino, but could be tricky as we can't give them all big mutil year contracts. Firmino is probably the easiest as his stock has dropped so a shorter contract on a wage that reflects he no longer makes the first 11 is probably doable. With Salah we'll have to make him one of the highest paid players in the world and give him a long contract. Mane could be tricky unless he's willing to accept a 2/3 year contract without a huge pay rise. We'll have to reward Jota with a pay rise as well.

I have a feeling that the arrival of Diaz will help Mane find another gear. Nothing like a bit of competition and people suggesting you're going to be benched to help a champion like Mane find another level.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Eagle » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:46 pm wrote:Don't think we'll be looking to sell any of them in the summer. Think we'll try to extend Salah, Mane, and Firmino, but could be tricky as we can't give them all big mutil year contracts. Firmino is probably the easiest as his stock has dropped so a shorter contract on a wage that reflects he no longer makes the first 11 is probably doable. With Salah we'll have to make him one of the highest paid players in the world and give him a long contract. Mane could be tricky unless he's willing to accept a 2/3 year contract without a huge pay rise. We'll have to reward Jota with a pay rise as well.

I have a feeling that the arrival of Diaz will help Mane find another gear. Nothing like a bit of competition and people suggesting you're going to be benched to help a champion like Mane find another level.

I agree that Diaz coming will motivate Mane as he is a winner and champion, I just feel like he could be stubborn in the negotiations and will end up getting sold. I’d actually be ok with selling either Mane or Firmino this year, it need to be done at some point and now the team has more leverage, I also see Mane wanting to play in Spain.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:53 pm

Sell Bobby, Mane or Mo BEFORE selling Minamino , Origi or Keita> Wow. How is that good news for LFC, surely we sell the weak links not our best players!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:48 am

Personally, I'm sure one of our main forwards will leave next season or the season after that. It's just the way we do things. When Thiago arrived, we didn't bring him in to improve the depth in our squad, we bought him to replace Gini. Same thing will happen here and unfortunately I think it will be the worst case scenario, Salah will leave after his contract ends after next season.

Some think it will be Mane that leaves but I don't see it, he has neither expressed a desire to leave nor has refused to sign a new contract, as far as I know. Though he has not been offered a new one yet either, I think. 

Anyway, if the worst case scenario does happen, at least we'll have a hell of a team for next season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:06 pm

Reg » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:53 pm wrote:Sell Bobby, Mane or Mo BEFORE selling Minamino , Origi or Keita> Wow. How is that good news for LFC, surely we sell the weak links not our best players!

Of course not, Mane is a starter and in a different bracket to Minamino and Origi who are squad players, I wasn’t talking about them. One thing is certain in my eyes and that is at least one of Mane Salah Firmino will leave this summer, not because they are not good but for administrative reasons ie age and remaining contract. They could easily offer a two year extension but as with Gini none of those players will probably accept it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 am

kazza » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm wrote:
Reg » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:53 pm wrote:Sell Bobby, Mane or Mo BEFORE selling Minamino , Origi or Keita> Wow. How is that good news for LFC, surely we sell the weak links not our best players!

Of course not, Mane is a starter and in a different bracket to Minamino and Origi who are squad players, I wasn’t talking about them. One thing is certain in my eyes and that is at least one of Mane Salah Firmino will leave this summer, not because they are not good but for administrative reasons ie age and remaining contract. They could easily offer a two year extension but as with Gini none of those players will probably accept it.

In his current form I honestly believe that Mo Salah is almost irreplaceable. Having said that we didn’t do too badly during AFCON, however the fixtures were quite kind to us. It has been suggested in the press that PSG are prepared to pay Mbappe up to £1m a week to keep him. Obviously he is a  lot younger than Mo but the knock-on affect would clearly have all agents chasing massive wage increases and new contracts or transfers for key players. Newcastle have got the sovereign wealth of Saudi Arabia behind them and it is beginning to look extremely likely that they won’t be relegated, meaning that they could become a serious threat in the transfer market during the summer. Admittedly there are only a few clubs in Europe that will be prepared to pay absolutely crazy wages which will obviously make it more difficult for agents to successfully negotiate massive wage increases.Mané and Firminio are in a different category, especially Bobby who certainly isn’t the player he was two years ago. The odd piece of brilliance from Bobby simply isn’t enough. If it’s true that Sadio wants to go to Barcelona or Madrid then maybe we should offer him up for £142m !! I jest of course but handled correctly their transfer value could be substantially increased.We were very clever with both Suarez and Cortinho in getting them both to sign long-term contracts on the basis that they could leave the club at the next transfer window. This ploy successfully maximised their transfer value. Just a thought…..
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:49 am

Sadio Mane is the only player with 10+ Premier League goals in each of the last eight seasons.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:50 am

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/news/report-sadio-mane-concerned-fsg-want-him-out-and-are-ready-to-cash-in-on-liverpool-superstar?fbclid=IwAR18Gg7s1ZgygZFhSZgZJ2PbPSyZQu0t_cKrjW7YMZ-kt0lefRFjVPPfJ7U

Really tough one this, he misses chances and has been guilty of not passing to open players but the hustle he puts in, how he keeps the ball and his defending from the front makes him hugely important to the team as well of course as his striking prowess. I always think he gets the short end of the stick between him and Salah, generally I think it is because he has less ego than Mo and is more humble. Since Diaz has arrived I’d say Mane has struck up a better attacking relationship than Salah has, who wasted a couple of opportunities to pass him through on goal, but still early days.

Even though the future is bright for the team, Bobby Mo and Mane should be legends at the club and will be sorely missed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm convinced we will lose one of the front three, I can't see Salah, Mane and Firmino, all being here next season. If one does go I hope we do get another young, hungry attacker. We are doing well this season because of good quality in squad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:48 pm

Lads, we can't com[plain, we know that all 3 are 29 years old so it's great that we've already brought in Jota and Diaz, both of whom have put Bobby and Mane under pressure already so it's more a case of natural succession. We could even sell both this summer and bring in another 25 year old - if they find the right lad. Mo to stay obviously.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Probably Mane and Mo will depart in the summer as I dont think FSG is willing to pay them any more than what they currently earn. Both will attract offers so should be no problem selling them. Firmino will leave for free I reckon when his deal expires so next season I think our forward line will be, Diaz, Firmino and Jota + a new signing for 30 to 40 million.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:30 pm

That's brave Red when we're trying to become the best team in the country!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:14 pm

I just hope we win a few more titles this season with the great squad we have right now. Next season someone will probably be gone like most of you are saying here and there's no telling if we'll replace them properly, or at all for that matter. Right now however, we have a great team and depth in our squad too. I doubt we'll ever have this much quality in the entire squad not just the first 11, so I hope we capitalise on that and win at least 2 more titles.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:33 am

Reg wrote:That's brave Red when we're trying to become the best team in the country!

If it was up to me Reg I'd give them a good increase as I believe its still cheaper than signing replacements. Salah 350 to 400k and Mane 300k. They are still good players with good fitness so no reason to think they won't be still performing in 2 to 3 years. Neither player cost us an arm and a leg either.  We wouldn't need massive investment for at least 2 to 3 years either. A back up RB maybe and replacements for Origi and Milner but that can be done relatively cheap and by selling players like Phillips. Millys wage off the books alone would pay for that carvalho lad over 2 seasons.

FSG don't seem to want to pay the money though and I'd say the fanbase is split on it as well. I think the above would be both affordable and achievable
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:59 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion