SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:01 am

If we can get £40m for him and pay up to £85m for a first class replacement, ie a net £45m spend then we should go ahead and sell.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:03 pm

Reg » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:01 am wrote:If we can get £40m for him and pay up to £85m for a first class replacement, ie a net £45m spend then we should go ahead and sell.

That would be a good deal for us, at the money for both players but a gain for us
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Spartak Moscow brutally troll Bayern Munich's offer for Sadio Mane that Liverpool rejected over unrealistic add-ons... as they fake a bid that includes £8.5m if the German giants win Eurovision and £13m if Manchester United lift a trophy!
Bayern Munich are said to offered a ridiculous proposition for Sadio Mane
Offer would only reach £30m if Bayern Munich won three Champions Leagues in a row and Sadio Mane went on the same streak for the Ballon d'Or
Liverpool representatives are said to have labelled the offer 'laughable'
Spartak Moscow have mocked the German club with hilarious tweet
By JULIAN BOVILL FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:28 BST, 9 June 2022 | UPDATED: 17:02 BST, 9 June 2022

Spartak Moscow have mocked Bayern Munich for their 'laughable' offer for Liverpool forward Sadio Mane.

The German giants are said to have offered around £30m for Mane, but with around £7m of that dependent on Champions League and Ballon d'Or success.

A report in The Times claimed that those add-ons hinged on Bayern Munich winning the next three editions of European football's premier competition and Mane also taking home the prize for the world's best player in each of those three seasons.

Liverpool rebuffed the offer and labelled it 'laughable', with sporting director Julian Ward holding out for at least £42.5m for the player.

Piling in on Bayern Munich, who have been roundly mocked on social media for their measly offer, Spartak Moscow were quick to jest with the German giants.

Bayern Munich, sending a mocked up letter to Spartak, offered £850 to the Russian club up front for their star player Alexander Sobolev.

The joke continues when the letter moves down to the add-ons offered by the German club for Sobolev, with £8.5m offered dependent on Bayern Munich winning Eurovision.

Meanwhile, hilariously, another £12.5m is offered on top of that in add-ons should Manchester United win a trophy.

Plus, there is another £17m on offer for the player should Lionel Messi join Real Madrid.

The Russian club's social media is known for such japes, with their account gaining traction often for jokes pulled on Twitter.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:22 pm

kazza » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:03 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:01 am wrote:If we can get £40m for him and pay up to £85m for a first class replacement, ie a net £45m spend then we should go ahead and sell.

That would be a good deal for us, at the money for both players but a gain for us

Importantly Sadio wants £400k a week same as Mo. The suggestion is that we have agreed to pay Nunez £120k per week. Nunez’s contract if everything goes through is for five years and that would save the club close to £23m in wages. Sell Sadio for £42m and save £23m in wages which equates to a net cost of £20m for a 22 year old who has his future ahead of him as opposed to Sadio who doesn’t have that many really good years left. Bit of a no brainier !! And more importantly FSG can satisfactorily maintain their wage structure.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:33 am

Sad way for his LFC career to end. If things had been handled better, he could have had a dignified send off like Origi.

Now he'll hang around, praying Bayern come back with a new bid. Otherwise he's going to have a difficult summer as the front 3 is rebuild around Nunez and Diaz.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:15 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:33 am wrote:Sad way for his LFC career to end. If things had been handled better, he could have had a dignified send off like Origi.

Now he'll hang around, praying Bayern come back with a new bid. Otherwise he's going to have a difficult summer as the front 3 is rebuild around Nunez and Diaz.

His contract wasn't ending and no club had agreed a deal with us. So not sure how he could have had a send-off. I'm sure he'll leave this summer, and it all seems fairly amicable.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:00 pm

Eagle » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:15 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:33 am wrote:Sad way for his LFC career to end. If things had been handled better, he could have had a dignified send off like Origi.

His contract wasn't ending and no club had agreed a deal with us. So not sure how he could have had a send-off. I'm sure he'll leave this summer, and it all seems fairly amicable.

Could all of this have not been handled months ago? Arranged a deal prior to the CL final?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:09 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:00 pm wrote:
Eagle » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:15 pm wrote:

Could all of this have not been handled months ago? Arranged a deal prior to the CL final?

You'd need to ask Bayern! And who is to say that Mane had decided to leave months ago? I can't think of many examples of the sort of thing you're suggesting. Anything could happen over the course of several months. The player could get a long term injury, the buying club/player might become aware of a better opportunity, etc. It almost always happens like this where a player doesn't have a release clause and isn't coming to the end of his contract.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:53 pm

To be fair I’d rather the player was honest and moved a year before his contract ended than stay one last year like Salah and run his contract down for us to get nothing, if that is what Salah is planning. I hope Mane leaves this summer as it may upset the balance of the team’s chemistry. He was always modest, a true professional and I have no issues with how things are playing out, especially considering we have a replacement.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Taken from Facebook

As a Liverpool fan, I hope Sadio gets every dollar he wants at his next club. Because during his time at Liverpool, we saw him building a rural hospital with his money that now serves 39 villages, while he carried around a broken phone. We simply can't pay those big salaries of 350-400k/week like rich clubs can. And these massive salaries that only very few clubs can pay are destroying the balance of Football. But Sadio is one guy who deserves it. Because a lot of that money will go back to creating infrastructure like schools and hospitals for people who need it the most. Not on boats, helicopters and shiny watches. That's more important than Football.
Of course LFC fans wish we could offer him 350k/week but we can't, that's the reality. And the right thing would be for Mane to go and get his financial goals after this long grind and fulfill his dreams of helping his community. We fans get it and we support it. Go on, Sadio. YNWA
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm

If Bayern Munich keep on lowballing then I think we should tell them to F off !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:15 pm

I think it’s the right time for Sadio to move on, Mo too.
The pair of them have been absolutely phenomenal for this club and are genuine Liverpool FC legends, all I can say is that in their time here they have done the shirt and the badge proud, I can’t think of any higher praise than that.
They managed to do what the likes of Gerrard, Alonso, Suarez, Mascherano, Torres et al couldn’t, what’s more they did it when up against the richest most powerful club not just in the 134 year history of the English game but the richest most powerful club the world game has ever seen.
The reason we could go toe to toe with the financially doped clubs was because we had players like Sadio and Mo leading the line for us.
If future generations want to know how good Sadio and Mo were in a red shirt they should just watch that clip of Guardiola in the dressing room at Goodison Park.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:47 pm

Must admit I thought Bobby would be first to leave then Mo and Sadio last. Mane's been a wonderful player these last 2 seasons, so graceful, fit, fast and makes everything look effortless. Plus a wonderful temperment. I'll be very sad to see him go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:11 pm

Looks like both Liverpool and Bayern have came to an agreement…so that’s that

Thank you for your service…you’re already a legend in my eyes. Am sure you’ll kill it in Bundesliga but NOT in Champions League (un)fortunately

Sadie-nara Mané  :bowdown
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Best of luck to him and I hope he continues to be an example for his charitable deeds.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion