SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:35 pm

How many at a club have to test positive before they suspend games?.

These internationals are probably coming at the right time as it gives us a chance to clean house before the league picks up again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm

I like Mane, but his reaction to Klop at the end of the game was out of order.

He's had a poor season by his standards and is in no position to get the ***** over being dropped.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 pm

Tbh if we get a decent bid we should accept it and move him on.  We could certainly improve that position with the money we would get.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 am

These guys are children mate. They're on 150k a week, the world is imploding around them due to corona and they have a silly little tantrum. Grow up Mane ffs......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 am

He needs to sort himself out, even if it was anger at himself for playing s**thouse once again, grow up and put a smile on you silly f**ker, we just smashed our arch nemesis.

We need to win our next three games and he needs to channel his anger and frustration into goals, nothing more.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Penguins » Fri May 14, 2021 8:30 am

Mana has gone from our best player up front to often our worst. For me it all comes down to him being denied his move to Madrid. He's been sulking ever since and we should had
sold ALL our front 3 by now....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 am

It was disrespect and would be interesting to see if Klopp drops him again. Mane has been shyte all season so what else does he expect. Tbh keeping him on the bench worked because Firmino, Jota, Salah linked well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am

Let’s face it Sadio is one of the main reasons we broke that 30 year hoodoo, finished second on 97 points, reached back to back CL finals and won the World Club Championship, he is a genuine legend of this club and that’s not going to change anytime soon. He shouldn’t have blanked the manager like that though, particularly after a big result like last night’s, it just wasn’t the time or the place for a strop, the optics were terrible, it just makes it look like that to him his own personal glory is more important than the good of the club.
It’s okay for player to be upset with the manager particularly if he’s not playing but that stuff stays behind closed doors away from the camera’s.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 14, 2021 2:09 pm

The chap cant play every game and he has had more than his fair share of poor performances to warrant him losing his place. It could be down to simple rotation either but that kind of carry on is bad form.

There has been very few players to leave here and go on to have success at their next club. Mane is another who will struggle, especially if he went to Madrid or Barca.  The season he has had here would end his career at either of those clubs so he should be careful what he wishes for.

At the end of the day he is a player who has won stuff here so will always be respected and remembered for that but there comes a time when they have to go.  As I said earlier we could easily improve on him with the money we could get.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:13 pm

I've been a huge fan of mane, but if that's his attitude to being dropped I wouldn't complain if out of our front-3 he was the one sold to fund new signings. That's unless he can grow up and play with the same fire and intensity as before.
Franky000

Postby kazza » Sat May 15, 2021 6:33 am

To be fair to Mane, Hendo refused a “hug/handshake” , Gini throws strops when subbed or dropped, even Salah sulks off the pitch, some football players are emotional and many come from small towns or villages so have had sheltered lives and are not equipped to process all their emotions, I’m not going to hold it against him, it was an emotional moment and he still gives 100% when he plays. It’s not like he goes on social media and slags off the manager. The behavior is not ideal but not the end of the world either.

As for his form…. in the article I posted he was talking about how he is not sure why his form has dipped and the fact he had Corona and maybe that was the reason. Now I never got Corona thankfully but I did get vaccinated and I will say that I did feel like something was missing after I got vaccinated (I’m a football coach and lead a generally fit life even though I’m 54), couldn’t quite put my finger on it but something was missing, like I was only 90% strong, didn’t quite have the same energy. So reading him mention he had COVID and also remembering what Pogba and other players said at the start of the season when their form went out the window when they got Corona, it has credibility. My guess would be it is either that or some unknown niggling injury as players don’t just lose speed and power over night in their prime. If you lose intensity and fire because you didn’t get  the move to Real Madrid you wanted ( as was suggested), you wouldn’t track back and defend as he does.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Possibly Kazza, maybe Corona has taken something out of him, it’s probably a combination of things though including Jurgen’s demanding style of play and the sheer amount of footy our lads have played over the last 3-4 years as well, in fact I can’t remember if it was this season or last now but one year Sadio didn’t even have a pre-season!
It’s not just the fact they’ve played a lot of footy it’s been intense, high stakes footy with it - Europa League finals, CL finals, a 97 point season, a 98 point season, international tournaments etc etc. It seems an age ago now when Coutinho played for us but all our front 3 played alongside side him which just shows how long the same 3 lads have been leading the line for us. We’ve had a terrific starting XI over the last 3-4 years but a wafer thin bench so the same core of players have been run into the ground so it’s not just Sadio, quite a few of the stalwarts of the Klopp era have been noticeably slowing and tailing off performance wise, until the last few weeks Bobby was arguably the worst of the lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:21 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion