FABIO CARVALHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2022 3:25 pm

CONFIRMED: Fulham owner Tony Khan has confirmed that Fabio Carvalho will leave at the end of the season. ⁣

Carvalho is set to be confirmed as a Liverpool player. Liverpool’s agreement with Fulham to sign Carvalho is for a fee that could rise past the £7m mark after they failed to seal a deal at the end of the January transfer window.⁣

Khan: "We would have loved to have kept him. But we have made a deal that is best for the club and since that agreement, it’s worked out wonderfully because he has been such a valuable part of promotion.⁣

“He’s a huge part of the squad and it’s a massive loss but, because we have done good business, we can do good business to make sure we are strong in that position. I really like Fabio."  Liverpool Echo.
++++++

Apparently this youngster is something to get excited about and shows the draw that Klopp makes on young talent. There's no queue outside Goodison.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your contribution.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 04, 2022 7:10 am

Looks like a promising young talent that should fit in well and improve under Klopp’s guidance. Welcome to the club.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 04, 2022 7:07 pm

Yup very promising, majority of Klopp signings usually are exciting so hoping this lad blends in well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 05, 2022 8:47 am

He is doing very well at Fulham and playing a lot so that in itself is promising.
It's a good signing and I'd say the lad can't wait to get here. Knowing Klopp as well I reckon he will want him to be at least with the team when we head to Wembley and Paris!!. The championship wraps up this weekend so no reason why he couldn't be with us in an unofficial capacity
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 pm

Officially unveiled, according to the site will be a forward rather than midfielder.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:15 pm

Obviously hoping the lad does well. Not sure where or when the lad will play.

Still think our midfield needs to be improved.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:58 pm

Jurgen Klopp names the 4 positions Fabio Carvalho could play for Liverpool
July 9, 2022
Joanna Durkan

Fabio Carvalho is one of three exciting additions this summer and Jurgen Klopp cannot hide his delight at the player Liverpool has landed, with his versatility making for options aplenty.

The 19-year-old arrives after an eye-catching season as Fulham clinched promotion to the Premier League, first-team experience that will be invaluable for his early days at Liverpool.

Carvalho is anticipated to make his start for Klopp as a forward before making the transition to midfield, and he has named the wing and No. 10 as the two positions he is most comfortable in.

But he is capable of slotting in more and Klopp is enthused by what he can bring to Liverpool not just in those two positions, but also in the No. 8 role and perhaps even as a false nine.

It speaks volumes of his game intelligence at just 19 and as he develops, in physicality, more doors will open for how Klopp utilises his talent.

“Fabio, wow, what a season he played with Fulham. Getting promoted [with a] football-playing [style], properly football-playing, is not easy,” Klopp told the club’s official website.

“So, Marco Silva obviously did an incredible job there, but a big part of that was absolutely Fabio. And Harry Wilson obviously, our former [player], and Neco [Williams] of course.

“When we watched him it was a pure joy to watch him, absolutely. He can play so many different positions for us, the way we play.

“At the minute he’s not really set on one position – it’s the wing, it’s the eight, it’s the 10, it’s the false nine if he grows a few more muscles.

“It’s a short-term and a long-term project; he can start tomorrow and he needs to adapt, you can see that a little bit, but when he has the ball that’s proper quality.

“I’m over the moon that he’s here. Fantastic prospect.”

The mention of the false nine role is certainly an interesting one and that will fall under the long-term project umbrella, but it’s a nod to his potential development path.

Liverpool fans will likely get their first sight of Carvalho during the friendlies against Man United (July 12) and Crystal Palace (July 15) in Thailand and Singapore respectively.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:08 pm

Really like the look of this lad, could end up being a great signing
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 pm

He's got a quicker burst of pace than I expected. He's definitely gonna play a big role over the season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:16 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:09 pm wrote:He's got a quicker burst of pace than I expected. He's definitely gonna play a big role over the season.

Yeah funny enough his turn of pace surprised me too, sort of knew the lad could turn on a sixpence but didn’t expect him to have that initial change of pace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:49 pm

If he carries on from last season the way he did at Fulham then he is going to be a player for us!! He has a lot to his game and will rise above Elliot and Jones in no time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:35 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:49 pm wrote:If he carries on from last season the way he did at Fulham then he is going to be a player for us!! He has a lot to his game and will rise above Elliot and Jones in no time.

Its just a pity he isn’t a couple of years older mate, very rare for a 19 year old to have the consistency to be a 7 or an 8
out of 10 every week instead of being a 9 out of 10 one week and a 2 out of 10 the next.
Even so he’s an exciting prospect who will no doubt play an important roll next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 pm

Fabioooo...can't get excited for the team's performance too say the least but to get a winner on the 8th minute of injury time just serves those time wasting barcodes cunts right
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 pm

Santa » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 pm wrote:Fabioooo...can't get excited for the team's performance too say the least but to get a winner on the 8th minute of injury time just serves those time wasting barcodes cunts right

Yep, I think it was the only thing to smile about tonight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm

The kid is looking good. He should play more often.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion