Liverpool vs Chelsea EFL FINAL 27/02/22  16:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:53 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:33 pm wrote:OK, away from the chat about Chelski. And back to us and our performance.

We won ! Hurrah ! Personally I thought we got f*cking lucky. Chelsea cut through us time after time but somehow we managed to survive, make no mistake, it wasn't because we defended so well, it was poor finishing from the oppo and big slices of luck for us that kept us in the game.

Yeah, we had our chances, but lets be honest, none of them were as clear cut as the oppo's.

OK moan over BUT (before I go) is anyone apart from me wondering why Thiago is still considered part of LFC's future ?

No one questions his ability BUT his availability is another f*cking question.

Injured in the warm up ! for ***** sake ! IMO another month after month sick note on the wage bill, get rid !

Bloomin elk Woof you’re sounding like Tommy Smith. Suggest you take a look at the stats if you honestly think Chelshit should have won.Mané and Salah should both have scored from clear cut chances. Matip  did score and was incredibly unlucky to have it disallowed.

Harsh words about Thiago who is a great player. Yes he has been very unlucky with injuries. Matip went through a similar period and look at him now.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:57 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:33 pm wrote:OK, away from the chat about Chelski. And back to us and our performance.

We won ! Hurrah ! Personally I thought we got f*cking lucky. Chelsea cut through us time after time but somehow we managed to survive, make no mistake, it wasn't because we defended so well, it was poor finishing from the oppo and big slices of luck for us that kept us in the game.

Yeah, we had our chances, but lets be honest, none of them were as clear cut as the oppo's.

OK moan over BUT (before I go) is anyone apart from me wondering why Thiago is still considered part of LFC's future ?

No one questions his ability BUT his availability is another f*cking question.

Injured in the warm up ! for ***** sake ! IMO another month after month sick note on the wage bill, get rid !

Apparently his scan was negative for a hamstring tear and he is supposed to play against Inter. Which tells me he is in the Sturridge/Keita mold meaning he has a low threshold to pain. With him it has been knee, calf and now hamstring…. Not a recurring injury.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:32 pm

Just like against Burley, most of Chelsea's dangerous moments were actually offside. We play offside and we do it brilliantly. Kelleher only had to make a couple of saves over the 120 mins. We grew into each half and pushed Chelsea back which meant they were had more space to carve out a few decent opening on the counter. But there wasn't much in it.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:11 pm

I agree with Woof.

I think we place too much faith in players based on seasons past or what they have done with other clubs. It should only matter what they are doing now and in Thiagos case its not being available for the job he was bought for. Imo he's just not cut out for the pace of the prem.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:02 pm

Thiago had injury problems when at Bayern, we knew what we were buying....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:30 am

Eagle » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:32 pm wrote:Just like against Burley, most of Chelsea's dangerous moments were actually offside. We play offside and we do it brilliantly. Kelleher only had to make a couple of saves over the 120 mins. We grew into each half and pushed Chelsea back which meant they were had more space to carve out a few decent opening on the counter. But there wasn't much in it.

I agree with this, this rule of letting play continue before raising the linesman’s flag makes us look weaker defensively than we are, if they just call the offside immediately then the opposition would not be scoring all these goals. To be fair though, we count on VAR as there is less likelihood that a linesman makes a mistake and sometimes the margin is thin.

We have caught opposition offside more than any team in Europe by a big margin and we are the best at it (I had posted something previously). Having a strong intelligent leader in VVD is the reason why. If you press high, you better get the offside right and thankfully we do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:45 am

Back to Abramovich as I don’t know where to post it, he transferred a huge stake in a Russian steel manufacturer eight days before the invasion of Ukraine to make it easier to sell. The same Russian steel manufacturer that is making the tanks they are using for the invasion. If this does not prove he is in Putin’s inner circle I don’t know what would. Chelsea are major beneficiaries to this corruption and would not be where they are without it, they should be included in any sanctions towards him. I actually think it is bigger than sport as the team has been used as a tool for his shady dealings so as far as I’m concerned they are culpable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10566359/Roman-Abramovich-shares-Russian-firm-steel-helps-build-tanks.html
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:17 pm

Yep, that news has been out for a few days. He sold shares and raised 450 million quid. He owned 30% of the company which was trading 6 months ago at 600+ and is at 67 earlier today, down 87% on six months ago. Evraz is a well run company but if you have the courage, its now a cheaply priced takeover target. You might have aproblem going to Russia to claim the steelworks...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Abramovich is a criminal mobster no question about it. But the reason why he's having fingers pointed at him is not because he's close to Putin but because he's Russian and that's it. That's how I see it at least, because if he was blamed for being a criminal, he would have faced problems long before this. Same with all the Russian sports clubs and other athletes that are facing huge sanctions because they're "evil Russians". I mean, there've been other attacks and bombings in just the last 48 hours (S.Arabia bombing Yemen and US bombing Somalia), never mind other unlawful and unprovoked attacks that have happend in the past decades that have never been condemned or punished.

But to be honest I hope Abramovich ***** off and Chelsea falls apart regardless of the reasons, because they shouldn't have existed as a big club in the first place.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games