Liverpool vs Chelsea EFL FINAL 27/02/22  16:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:26 pm

Great result, wonderful to see Klopp win at Wembley and me up for Kelleher.

Great to see that c0cky tw@t balloon his kick after trying dirty tricks in the shoot out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:43 pm

That really was an incredible advertisement for football! The determination and grit shown by both sides was phenomenal and if I took my red hat off nobody deserved to lose. We certainly edged it on the stats but Chelsea probably had the better chances. Diaz was my MOTM and he certainly looks to be one special player. Chelsea certainly made our forwards lives very difficult and basically kept them out of the game for a lot of the match. Special mention has to go to our goalie Kelleher who had a brilliant game and took a great penalty !! Nabby was lucky not to get sent off and the Chelsea lad was lucky to keep his dick intact   :laugh: VAR in my opinion were very generous ruling Lukaku’s goal as offside. Mind you VVD was very unlucky to have been called offside and interfering with play. Exactly what was Reece-James going to do sprout feckin wings.

Delighted the lads have won a domestic trophy. It meant a massive amount to the fans and hopefully will be the catalyst to keep the momentum going.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:04 pm

That was a nervy final but awesome for neutrals. What a cracker of a game, penos were nail biting.

EFL WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:50 am

Did anyone else notice that Diaz no looks 50% of his passes?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:29 am

Having a lot of technical trouble lately with my iPad etc but I've managed to log on with this little phone.
Great to see us win a trophy, I'll write a proper post out tomorrow
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:54 am

Great win from a very tight game.
1. Keppa…. What an idiot  :laugh: too much personality. Tried to single handedly win but psyched himself out with all the antics.
2. Happy Klopp stuck with Kelleher, it was the right thing to do
3. Konate coming on handcuffed Lukaku
4. Milner seemed to be lunging at everything and was the worst player on the pitch when he came on.
5. Diaz will be a real player for us.
6. COYR, now to win the real ones
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:08 am

damjan193 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:20 pm wrote:Come on guys, these are still an English team. Hell, even if they were Russian, the athletes shouldn't be held accountable for what's happening. It would be like if Arshavin was still playing and fans booed him like it was him doing the attacks.

On the other hand though, if making them feel guilty rattles and unsettles them, thus playing poorly and losing, then I'm all for it haha.

While I agree with you, Chelsea as a team have benefited greatly by Russian corruption and underhanded tactics, and their supporters had no issue with it, I would hold Russian players less accountable than Abramovich who is a part of Putin’s circle. Buying all players then loaning them out so no one can buy them was only done by corrupt money and we should remember, Chelsea was the first money bags team that bought success and all with money stolen from the Russian people and have changed the PL because of it. Abramovich is tight with Putin as if he was not he would have been poisoned by now because that is how Putin rolls, we should never forget or accept who he is. The letter Abramaovich wrote was clearly written by his lawyers and we should not let him or his plastic team off the hook. The only people that accepted Abramovich were Chelsea fans, it’s time for them have a look at themselves.

The quicker They kick out these corrupt Russian “oligarchs” the better and Chelsea is just an accomplice for them to operate.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:55 pm

A wonderful victory by winning a Trophy at the right time of the ongoing season, the credit goes to all the players, in particular, Kelleher and Daiz, and the latter reminds me of watching videos Liverpool of old 1970 player, whereas Daiz's playing style as much as "Steve Highway".  Daiz was the man of the match.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:05 pm

one of the best 0-0 games I've seen....Diaz will become a legend for us....crowd were great...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:28 pm

kazza » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:08 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:20 pm wrote:Come on guys, these are still an English team. Hell, even if they were Russian, the athletes shouldn't be held accountable for what's happening. It would be like if Arshavin was still playing and fans booed him like it was him doing the attacks.

On the other hand though, if making them feel guilty rattles and unsettles them, thus playing poorly and losing, then I'm all for it haha.

While I agree with you, Chelsea as a team have benefited greatly by Russian corruption and underhanded tactics, and their supporters had no issue with it, I would hold Russian players less accountable than Abramovich who is a part of Putin’s circle. Buying all players then loaning them out so no one can buy them was only done by corrupt money and we should remember, Chelsea was the first money bags team that bought success and all with money stolen from the Russian people and have changed the PL because of it. Abramovich is tight with Putin as if he was not he would have been poisoned by now because that is how Putin rolls, we should never forget or accept who he is. The letter Abramaovich wrote was clearly written by his lawyers and we should not let him or his plastic team off the hook. The only people that accepted Abramovich were Chelsea fans, it’s time for them have a look at themselves.

The quicker They kick out these corrupt Russian “oligarchs” the better and Chelsea is just an accomplice for them to operate.

I don't know man. Let's go a step further then and witch hunt anyone who buys or has bought Russian gas as their main power source (90% of Europe). No body should be held accountable for what's happening right now just because they've done business with Russians.

As for Chelsea, I couldn't care less what happens to them. In fact I'd be quite satisfied if their club falls apart. But only because their club is an abomination that shoudln't have existed in the first place just like Man City, not because they're "with the Russians" or whatever people might be saying over there right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:42 pm

Santa » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:00 pm wrote:wtf is that pos commentator today? seriously bias AF

I know right? I hoped I wasn't the only one who noticed that. He probably cried after he got off the air.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Great game and all credit to both sides for putting on a real show. Credit to the fans turning up with flags supporting Ukraine.
We could have so easily lost that game with Chelsea really having us on the back foot at times and negating Robbo and TAA.
Diaz is a god send taking the pressure of Sadio and freshening up the attack. Amazing that we now have 5 world class forwards.
All 11 players played their socks off and all 11 held their nerve for the penalties - real professionalism.

One down 3 to go!

Come on Reds!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:16 pm

damjan193 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:28 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:08 am wrote:

I don't know man. Let's go a step further then and witch hunt anyone who buys or has bought Russian gas as their main power source (90% of Europe). No body should be held accountable for what's happening right now just because they've done business with Russians.

As for Chelsea, I couldn't care less what happens to them. In fact I'd be quite satisfied if their club falls apart. But only because their club is an abomination that shoudln't have existed in the first place just like Man City, not because they're "with the Russians" or whatever people might be saying over there right now.

It is not Russians necessarily except in this case. What bothers me is where owners have got  seemingly unlimited funds that they have got through corruption (City, Chelsea and now Newcastle and PSG in France) and then they use that money to basically bully the league. As much as I hate ManUre,  their owners are businessmen so fair play, they can spend their money as they wish. Abramovich on the other hand stole his money from the people when the Soviet Union collapsed, the City owners just cash their country’s checks, and then print more as they need it and we will see with Newcastle. It is unfair that they don’t have to balance their books and then practice underhand tactics and I will always call them out on it. Remember when we rejected the Thai prime minister? We rejected his ownership because he got his money through corruption, it can be done but you have to have integrity to do it. Chelsea fans love him, and the way they whitewash Abramovich’s tactics they deserve to be lumped in with him when judgements are made. He is Russian mafia through and through and is only allowed to exist and keep his money because he is in Putin’s inner circle.

Just my humble opinion which means absolutely nothing at the end of the day. Buying Russian gas is one thing but Chelsea have been built with corrupt Russian money, without it they would probably be in the second division so they do represent all that is bad about the Russian regime. I’d love to know how much money has been laundered through them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:25 am

Abramovitch saved Chelsea, they were literally minutes away from going under when he bought them.  Ken Bates had taken them to the wall (that Chelsea Village thing iirc). As a club they were essentially rewarded for being run terribly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 pm

OK, away from the chat about Chelski. And back to us and our performance.

We won ! Hurrah ! Personally I thought we got f*cking lucky. Chelsea cut through us time after time but somehow we managed to survive, make no mistake, it wasn't because we defended so well, it was poor finishing from the oppo and big slices of luck for us that kept us in the game.

Yeah, we had our chances, but lets be honest, none of them were as clear cut as the oppo's.

OK moan over BUT (before I go) is anyone apart from me wondering why Thiago is still considered part of LFC's future ?

No one questions his ability BUT his availability is another f*cking question.

Injured in the warm up ! for ***** sake ! IMO another month after month sick note on the wage bill, get rid !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games