Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:26 pm

Think it's a good move for him. He missed the 2nd half of last season with a knee injury and hasn't played much since. He needs to get back playing if wants to go to the World Cup next winter. Gerrard knows him well and he'll get plenty of love from Villa fans being their most prestigious signing in decades.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:08 pm

I'd like to think he still has the magic but I suspect he'll have to play 5-10 yards further back in a Hendo style role rather than pressing up front. Amazing that Barca can't even get 25 million for him, what a dud of a transfer than proved to be, I guess he'll just run his contract down and leave on a free! BOOM!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:35 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:08 pm wrote:I'd like to think he still has the magic but I suspect he'll have to play 5-10 yards further back in a Hendo style role rather than pressing up front. Amazing that Barca can't even get 25 million for him, what a dud of a transfer than proved to be, I guess he'll just run his contract down and leave on a free! BOOM!

Erm ? not sure about him playing in a "Hendo style role"  Reg. The fella can't tackle a bag of chips. Can't say I'm familiar with Villa's set up but I'm thinking if they go with two up front Coutinho might be the advanced link between midfield and strikers.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 am

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does well and enjoys his time back with Stevie.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Watched Portos last game to see what the hype was about Luis Diaz.. he's like Mane with better ball control. He's so direct and confident, he's basically a Salah from the LW. I see alot more clubs are getting linked with him now.. I think if we don't sign him this window someone will snap him up in the summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:27 pm

He fits the bill and why not get him in January. His age is right and he looks like he would do well in Klopp’s system.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:16 pm

I'm guessing Porto don't want to lose him in Jan so only a significant premium would convince them to sanction a move and weaken their chances of winning the league.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:43 pm

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/01/m ... o_H71H9pjc

I need to get what he has at home (last para).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Reg » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:43 pm wrote:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/01/mo-salah-makes-big-liverpool-contract-claim-im-not-asking-for-crazy-stuff/?fbclid=IwAR0hsLoFmT8dhNwmOQ0AW08pvXFa-Hd8CwdtztBwiH0IYzsGHo_H71H9pjc

I need to get what he has at home (last para).

:laugh: ,  I just need to get a couple of weeks of whatever money he's on now and my life will be sorted from now to the grave ! And ! will still have enough left over to buy everyone in Liverpool a drink !   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:40 pm

I don't even acknowledge transfer windows anymore ,theyre just deflating in the extreme if you're naive enough to believe we will act within them. I don't get this aversion the club has with procuring deals in the Jan window ? The noises coming out of Anfield are that we will keep our powder dry till the summer to bring in players like Bellingham and Bowen and then Summer passes another January is upon us and rinse and repeat. Yeah I just don't bother now ,just let them pass as quickly and as painless as possible and if we bring someone in its a minor f*cking miracle more than a surprise.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:00 pm

Read from multiple sources that we will sell Firmino for 16.5 million to Barcelona this summer. Seems ridiculously low considering he was worth 150 million three years ago. A snapshot of the future for Mane or Salah.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:40 pm wrote:I don't even acknowledge transfer windows anymore ,theyre just deflating in the extreme if you're naive enough to believe we will act within them. I don't get this aversion the club has with procuring deals in the Jan window ? The noises coming out of Anfield are that we will keep our powder dry till the summer to bring in players like Bellingham and Bowen and then Summer passes another January is upon us and rinse and repeat. Yeah I just don't bother now ,just let them pass as quickly and as painless as possible and if we bring someone in its a minor f*cking miracle more than a surprise.

I wouldn’t mind as well but we signed the likes of Suarez, VVD and Coutinho during January windows. I’d rather they got rid of them because these days we never sign anyone during them anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:19 am

LFC have demonstrated time and time again that we won't get drawn into p!ssing matches to buy players, we simply identify who we want and wait. I don't mind that as long as there is a list of players that WE DO WANT but over the last 18 months you have to wonder whether there actually is a list!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:14 pm

I'd love to know what the long term plan actually is. Last December we were top of the league but our main CB VVD got injured.. we had a huge chance of getting our second PL title in a row.

We drew to Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle, Brighton then we lost to Southampton .. and in that short period the league title was gone. We didn't react to needing a CB until the Burnley loss at the end of January because the owners were petrified of us not getting in the top 4 by that time.

We are a huge club, we should be challenging for the best players and all the trophies.

We're gonna become like Spurs and Arsenal eventually where top 4 becomes the ultimate achievement.

I know I've had a few rants the past month.. but we keep making the same mistakes. If we want to challenge for the title this season then we need reinforcements. If we carry on with the team we've got then it's a write off.

Last January words around the club was we had not invested in the Jan transfer window because we were going to make big investments towards the first team in the following summer..

As a fan you get excited thinking we might sign some big players and maybe put a serious challenge on City.. summer comes around and we sign only Konate, a player that hasn't fully broken into the 1st team.

I think FSG had massive plans, hoping we'd join this super league and make them loads of money.. that blew up in their faces so we're back to shopping in the bargain bins.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:41 pm

In Formula 1 terms, City are Mercedes, Chavs are Red Bull and LFC are MacLaren. That's pertinent because MacLaren always try their rocks off but simply don't have the budget to compete with the top 2. It's a successful money making business but they don't have the money for the fat cigar.

Maybe if we don't have the swag to win the league we should focus on a cup squad to win CL. That doesn't mean we keep deadwood players longer than we should, but we could bring in 30 minute playing time impact players. A first team to play 60 minutes then bring on 3 impact subs with 20-30 minutes left. They do this in rugby these days, the starting eleven run like dogs and exhaust the opposition then the 3 impact subs go for the kill. We'd still need to come in the top 4 obviously.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill